Black sheep of Family

One-eyed Misbehavin

42 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Arya Stark

How so? I mean, she has the Stark look, and as personality traits go, she seems to not have fallen far from her auntie’s tree... 

I’ll go w/ Jaime as the Lannister odd man out. 

I would argue that we cannot know whether the reader stands out from his family, the only apearing harlaws I can recall are, the reader, and mentioned, are alannys harlaw who is catatonic and harras harlaw that I cant recall being know terribly much about. however he is clearly different from the normal run of the mill ironborn

as for arya, she is several times mentioned as being like lyanna stark, and I'd argue that she has more in common with most starks, than either Sansa or catelyn

Edit. ninjaed damnit

32 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

How so? I mean, she has the Stark look, and as personality traits go, she seems to not have fallen far from her auntie’s tree... 

I’ll go w/ Jaime as the Lannister odd man out

So, is Sansa the odd Stark out?

21 minutes ago, Orm said:

So, is Sansa the odd Stark out?

No, she’s plenty Starky. She has the Tully colouring, but temperament wise she takes after Ned. I mean, not every family/group will necessarily have a “black sheep” imo. 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’ll go w/ Jaime as the Lannister odd man out. 

I mainly was comparing her to her siblings. She doesn't seem to carry the Tully traits in appearance. Even on her Stark side she seems less about duty and honor and more about morality and feeling when acting.

Joffrey is a strange case; between him and his two siblings Myrcella and Tommen he'd be the Black Sheep, but he's their mother's favorite.

Tyrion, because he's a dwarf and openly flaunts his personal flaws (his drinking and whoring).

8 hours ago, wiwerse said:

I would argue that we cannot know whether the reader stands out from his family, the only apearing harlaws I can recall are, the reader, and mentioned, are alannys harlaw who is catatonic and harras harlaw that I cant recall being know terribly much about. however he is clearly different from the normal run of the mill ironborn

as for arya, she is several times mentioned as being like lyanna stark, and I'd argue that she has more in common with most starks, than either Sansa or catelyn

Edit. ninjaed damnit

I agree. Its more of a cultural difference with Rodrick 

Same kinda goes with Harras in fact as he is an ironborn knight

But agreed we have insufficient evidence of Harlaws to be certain

2 hours ago, The Hoare said:

Eddard Stark. Curiously, he seems to be rather soft compared to some of his ancestors.

Baelor Blacktyde too. The man worship the Seven

Stark was raised in the Vale. He's got all the honour and none of the savagery.

Archived