Is there Anything GRRM Could Write Which Make the New Book a DNF?

2 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

What are some of the things that would make you quit reading "The Winds of Winter" if GRRM puts them into the story?

Death of the dragons.  Death of my favorite characters.  Those two things would stop me from reading.  I would lose interest.

7 hours ago, Rondo said:

Death of the dragons.  Death of my favorite characters.  Those two things would stop me from reading.  I would lose interest.

Only for Targaryen fans. Bet George will do it after reading your post. 

Maybe product placements would cause me to put down the book:

Arriving dusty and tired at the inn at the crossroads, Tyrion sat down to the meal set before him. "I'm sick of wine," he said in a loud voice. "Bring me a flagon of Mountain Dew!"

Like many young women of her circle, Sansa was delighted by the prospect of new clothes. "You may tell the dressmaker I will not need her for a fitting this afternoon," she told her handmaid. "Me and 'Randa are going to The Gap and Foot Locker to see what's new for fall."

On 8/9/2020 at 12:01 AM, Floki of the Ironborn said:

What are some of the things that would make you quit reading "The Winds of Winter" if GRRM puts them into the story?

Seriously? After 5000 pages, a dozen rereads, three companion books, and 12 maps, it's hard to imagine anything that would make me stop.

Maybe if he pulls a Tolkien, and puts something early in the next book that telegraphs the ending ...

I would pretty much hate it if the books confirmed the theories most fans accept as fact But after all this time, i would probably keep reading anyway.

A lot of authors stumble a bit on bridge books and it showed with AFFC and ADWD, though parts of ADWD (Theon) were stellar. I was about to drop the series but the TWOW chapters sucked me back in and convinced me that the writing issues were just a hiccup. But if not, I'll be getting the plot through recaps. Overall, I didn't enjoy reading either of those books much.

Also, any relative on relative romances probably won't have me formally stopping, but I might put it down and who knows when I'll pick it up again. Actually, I don't want to see any more romances on center stage anymore though I'd be ok with them if they're kept to the background.

Archived