Rothfuss XVII: a performance art finish?

Ser Scot A Ellison

59 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'm not sure what was gained by spending tens of posts and thousands of words tearing down the works of better men in an effort to decide what "redefined the genre", but it sure wasn't fun to read.

Oh you sweet summer child. That was one of the least painful parts of the last dozen or so Rothfuss threads. 

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'm not sure what was gained by spending tens of posts and thousands of words tearing down the works of better men in an effort to decide what "redefined the genre", but it sure wasn't fun to read.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel powerful and enlightened after participating.

... of course, I always feel powerful and enlightened.

I do worry about the point that was made towards the end of the last thread. The fact that there has been nothing said by Rothfuss regarding the editor's comments is concerning. I don't know what to make of it, really, but I would say ominous is the right word for me. I would just expect ... something.

2 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I do worry about the point that was made towards the end of the last thread. The fact that there has been nothing said by Rothfuss regarding the editor's comments is concerning. I don't know what to make of it, really, but I would say ominous is the right word for me. I would just expect ... something.

To be fair, it's not even been a single year yet so it might be a bit soon to expect Rothfuss to have written anything.

4 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Could be that he, his agent, his PR people, and Daw Books are working in concert to come up with a joint press release or something.

Could be we won't get anything. . .

15 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Resent away. Or perhaps spend inordinate effort at contextualizing "better" in such a way as to dull the ache of your lonesome inadequacies, it makes little difference to me.

Loooool

23 hours ago, lysmonger said:

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2020/08/08/keep-your-masks-on/

There is a slight satisfaction, at least grrm is getting massive amounts of work done

Objection... assumes facts not in evidence...

All we know is that GRRM is holed up alone.  Nothing in that post says he’s actually doing anything with that time.

7 hours ago, Rhom said:

Objection... assumes facts not in evidence...

All we know is that GRRM is holed up alone.  Nothing in that post says he’s actually doing anything with that time.

He did have a post that says he completed a few chapters last month though.

The reason for quite some time I get Lin-Manuel Miranda confused with PR -- not an accident, one supposes that LMM thought for a while it would be a good idea to make Rothfuss books his Big Fantasy Project.

" ...it still prioritizes a white-male perspective, pushing more marginalized voices, such as those of the female characters in the show, to the background. (The fact that every female character, almost without exception, is defined solely by their desire to bang Hamilton, as played by Miranda, does not help matters.) [Much. More.]

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/lin-manuel-miranda-hamilton-tiktok-meme-1036975/

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

The reason for quite some time I get Lin-Manuel Miranda confused with PR -- not an accident, one supposes that LMM thought for a while it would be a good idea to make Rothfuss books his Big Fantasy Project.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/lin-manuel-miranda-hamilton-tiktok-meme-1036975/

I chuckled when after years of Rothfuss saying horrible things about conservatives, his idol Joss Whedon was called out as a serial philanderer and only bought into feminism to get himself laid.

Archived