(f)dany

CamiloRP

I just finished rereading ASOIAF again and I found myself thinking about an essay I read a few years back, titled "(f)dany" (I think) that compiles a lot of evidence about how Dany is Rhaegar's daughter instead of his sister, I wanted to read that essay again but couldn't find it. Anyone knows where it is?

thanks a lot!

51 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

God, why are so many theories based on some horrific form of incest

Probably because its a story ripe with horrible forms of incest. 

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

More importantly, why are there so many “theories” that are completely unsupported by the text? 

The Wait... It does something to the imagination. We might not agree with every theory but we’re all here reading them and discussing them. Giggling at some and frowning at some, getting excited by a few because its the next best thing to the real story.

20 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I'm sorry where exactly in the story do we have mother and son. ffs it's ASOIAF, not the life story of Nero

There are theories that Craster's first wife was his mother.......(yuck)

46 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I'm sorry where exactly in the story do we have mother and son.

Serenei of Lys and Aegon IV Targaryen.

Serenei is Larra Rogare, Aegon's mother. Just look at their pictures in the World Book - it's the same person. Hairlines are as unique as fingerprints, and those two women have identical hairlines. And also other identical elements in their looks. According to GRRM, Serenei was much older than she looked. Larra just disappeared after going back to Lys, and years later Serenei appeared there out of nowhere. And both of them were sorceresses. Also, the year of Larra's death in AWOIAF-Wikia is faked.

Though it's true we enjoy looking for those hidden identities, I doubt there are as many as we believe.  As a major character, Dany suits me fine as a real honest to goodness Targ, no holds barred, and Jon is perfect as a hidden identity because he doesn't even know this.  I don't understand how the story is served by Dany not being precisely who she thinks she is and Jon knowing nothing.   There is a perfect sort of circular sense to it.  

7 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Well according to you, Nero is our beloved Joff and his sweet mother is Agrapinna. 

This works well here when she was fucking Joffs doppelganger on top of his corpse.

Eta

I was so sad Joff didn't kill Margery then take Varys as his wife, so he can better resemble Nero

7 hours ago, Megorova said:

Serenei of Lys and Aegon IV Targaryen.

Serenei is Larra Rogare, Aegon's mother. Just look at their pictures in the World Book - it's the same person. Hairlines are as unique as fingerprints, and those two women have identical hairlines. And also other identical elements in their looks. According to GRRM, Serenei was much older than she looked. Larra just disappeared after going back to Lys, and years later Serenei appeared there out of nowhere. And both of them were sorceresses. Also, the year of Larra's death in AWOIAF-Wikia is faked.

I gotta give it to you either the artist just didn't give a shit and made the same model twice or there's something going on there. As if the Unworthy wasn't disgusting enough. Though it might not be her, but rather her sister or her daughter. As is the ages seem too off for her to have a child at 60 years.

@CamiloRP

Maybe, this is that theory? ->

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4jt5u2/spoilers_everythingtheory_about_daenerys_parents/

Or this (partially based on the show)

https://www.quora.com/How-likely-is-it-that-Daenerys-is-the-daughter-of-Rhaegar-and-Lyanna

And several from this forum:

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/75735-rhaegar-lyanna-dany/

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/149289-why-i-believe-dany-is-the-daughter-of-lyanna-and-rhaegar/

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Though it might not be her, but rather her sister or her daughter. As is the ages seem too off for her to have a child at 60 years.

Larra/Serenei was bathing in blood, same as later did her daughter - Shiera Seastar.

Shiera now is over 100 years old, but she doesn't look like an old woman. Quaithe is Shiera.

Dany saw Quaithe without her mask - ADWD, last chapter "Dany called. “Where are you, Quaithe?” Then she saw. Her mask is made of starlight."; AGOT, Dany IX - "but suddenly the stars were gone, and across the blue sky swept the great wings, and the world took flame ... Ghosts lined the hallway, dressed in the faded raiment of kings. In their hands were swords of pale fire. They had hair of silver and hair of gold and hair of platinum white, and their eyes were opal and amethyst, tourmaline and jade."

<- faded raiment of kings is red and black, colors of Targaryen family, Quaithe's black cape and red mask. And those stones are all either green, or blue, or stones that are bicolored, like Shiera's mismatched eyes. Seems that only her hair partially turned from silver-gold to platinum-white. That's all thanks to blood magic.

And she's not a normal human. She's something like a shadow-spawn, similar to Melisandre's shadow-babies, only they are less powerful and thus disposable, they die/disappear after being used once, while Shiera is part-human part-shadow. Her mother, Larra, sacrificed her own life, and also all of Aegon's life-force (his death was a result of dark magic), to give birth to Shiera (while Melisandre was using only a bit of Stannis' life-force to create her shadow-babies). And her daughter was born with all of her mothers' knowledge about magic and other things.

This is what GRRM said about Serenei and Shiera:

"Lady Shiera was the natural daughter of King Aegon IV by the ninth and last of his mistresses, Lady Serenei of Lys, the last daughter of an ancient but impoverished line of Valyrian nobility. "Sweet Serenei," Aegon called her, but about his court she was considered cold and haughty, and some said that she was much older than the king, and preserved her beauty by the practice of dark arts. Considered by many the most lovely of Aegon's mistresses, Sweet Serenei died in childbed, bringing forth the last of the king's "Great Bastards," the daughter she named Shiera, Star of the Sea.

... Even at an early age, she was a great reader. She spoke a dozen tongues and surrounded herself with ancient scrolls. Like her mother, she was reputed to practice the dark arts." <- inherited knowledge, possibly.

10 hours ago, Megorova said:

some said that she was much older than the king, and preserved her beauty by the practice of dark arts. Considered by many the most lovely of Aegon's mistresses, Sweet Serenei died in childbed, bringing forth the last of the king's "Great Bastards," the daughter she named Shiera, Star of the Sea.

... Even at an early age, she was a great reader. She spoke a dozen tongues and surrounded herself with ancient scrolls. Like her mother, she was reputed to practice the dark arts." <- inherited knowledge, possibly.

Or maybe, just maybe it's the same shit peddled about every half way powerful or influential female character in this world, because you know, the medieval times were retarded on the matter of gender equality. Also Rhaegar was a massive book worm since birth, that doesn't show anything about his parents.

Larra/Serenei was bathing in blood, same as later did her daughter - Shiera Seastar

Oh come on...

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Larra/Serenei was bathing in blood, same as later did her daughter - Shiera Seastar

Oh come on...

But that's what Egg said, and he knew her personally. Why would he say something like that about her, if it was not the truth? Furthermore, for two years he was serving as a page at the Red Keep, where she lived. Possibly, he himself witnessed it, either how Shiera was bathing in blood, or how her servants were preparing for her that bloody bath. He could have been present in the same room with her, when she was bathing. It's entirely possible, that Egg was with Bloodraven at one of Small Council's gatherings, and afterwards Bloodraven went to visit Shiera, and Egg went with him, and at that time Shiera was taking her bloody bath. Or could be that Egg knew that Shiera was bathing in blood, and that she was "dancing with demons", because he used to be her page, for certain period of time, out of those two years, that he served as a page at the Red Keep. And Egg was always helping Dunk to bath. In Medieval times people were less modest than modern people, they were often totally naked in presense of their servants, who helped them bath, or to put on their clothes. When Jaqen H'ghar was bathing in Harrehnal, he was assisted by a female servant, not for sexual purposes, purely to help him bath. And Arya also was there.

20 hours ago, Orm said:

There are theories that Craster's first wife was his mother.......(yuck)

Also in-world-rumours about Aegon the Unworthy having a mistress thats the daughter of another mistress (but not Serenei of Lys @Megorova).

It was Jeyne Lothston, daughter of Falena Stokeworth. Aegon had affair with Falena, sent her to Harrenhall but then she returned to court with 14yo Jeyne and Aegon made Falenas husband Hand and slept with mother and daughter, giving Jeyne a pox and finally sent them all away.

12 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Also in-world-rumours about Aegon the Unworthy having a mistress thats the daughter of another mistress (but not Serenei of Lys @Megorova).

It was Jeyne Lothston, daughter of Falena Stokeworth. Aegon had affair with Falena, sent her to Harrenhall but then she returned to court with 14yo Jeyne and Aegon made Falenas husband Hand and slept with mother and daughter, giving Jeyne a pox and finally sent them all away.

:ack:........ Aegon IV really knew no boundaries at all......

The guy was as depraved as Craster it seems.....

Archived