Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Gaston de Foix

57 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Oh I know, everybody loves old Parker Lewis. He just can’t lose, after all. But if I get my choice of who to synchronize swatches with, I’ll take Bueller over Lewis every time.

But... Kube!!!!

Eat now???

23 minutes ago, dbunting said:

So was this thread meant to be ironic? Did the poster take Gastons day off from live streaming while he watched? He started it then left early in the show...

I believe he stopped at the Ben Stein scene.  It's understandable if someone needs to take a day after watching Ben Stein.

I've seen Youtube videos about how Ferris Bueller must be a time lord or something, because several times in the movie the timeline is completely screwed up.  Obviously the movie just didn't care about the timeline, but it's definitely amusing.  

On John Hughes movies, yes lots of them do not hold up at all.  Breakfast Club I was able to watch semi-recently and it was still great, but Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, and Weird Science have aged REALLY badly.   

It has been several decades since I saw PT&A.  But that actually brings up another point of "what is a John Hughes movie?" Because as you can see on his wikipedia page, he wrote a ton of movies, and also directed/produced quite a few as well.  After the early 90s, most John Hughes movies were kids movies like Home Alone, Beethoven, and Flubber that don't really have the general feel of a Hughes film.  So IMO the "core" or whatever of John Hughes movies are the teenager movies:  16 Candles, Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller and Career opportunities. 

I would also like to note that I'm not a particular fan or expert on his work.  This list is probably very flawed, and certainly arbitrary, since there are plenty of movies John Hughes worked on that I've never even heard of, and a bunch more I've never seen. 

Sorry mesdames and garcons.  Work stuff came up and then I had to plead with amazon to extend my 48 hour rental period.  But I am resuming from 8:04 minutes in.  A song about Egypt and Cameron is playing. 

Interestingly Prime displays current photos of the actors otherwise I would have never figured out that Cameron is Connor Roy from Succession.  Terrific performance there. 

Got to say, the Hughes movies are my definition of the coming of age genre with The Breakfast Club at the top (sharing the title with only the Sandlot though not sure that counts and maybe I need to think on the list some more).

Archived