US Politics: Presidential Harris-ment!

Fragile Bird

Wasn't I just saying Trump wouldn't be able to resist racist remarks? Perhaps not racist in the traditional words, but when interviewed about US college football opening up, he said, they should open up, unless players were going to kneel, then they shouldn't. Insulting the flag blah blah blah.

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

Wasn't I just saying Trump wouldn't be able to resist racist remarks? Perhaps not racist in the traditional words, but when interviewed about US college football opening up, he said, they should open up, unless players were going to kneel, then they shouldn't. Insulting the flag blah blah blah.

Trump reminds me of a really intoxicated music performer, wandering up to stage and just randomly shouting out lyrics to his greatest hits.

Just saw this via Drudge - Biden lays a trap for Trump in picking Harris:

Now get ready for a ton of opposition research (“oppo”) to be dropped onto the media in an effort to undermine Harris.

Which, in turn, is exactly what the Biden camp has not only been expecting, but hoping for. You know why? Because most American women detest Donald Trump, and most women of color really, really detest him. The more Trump and his minions unload on a woman, and a black one at that, the more it plays into Biden’s hands. In fact, it took only an hour for Trump to do just that, calling Harris “nasty” and “dishonest” during a briefing with reporters.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Just saw this via Drudge - Biden lays a trap for Trump in picking Harris:

I personally like how the pick has some pundits reporting there are whispers that Pence could get dropped in exchange for Haley. It's probably all BS, but still. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I personally like how the pick has some pundits reporting there are whispers that Pence could get dropped in exchange for Haley. It's probably all BS, but still. 

Heh.  Perhaps he should just go for the gusto and re-nominate Palin.

59 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Got a laugh out of me when I saw that. Haley's stint at the UN was practicably comedic-- a lot of amusing hay could be made about her influence and consensus building style. There's video. Plenty of documentation on her sycophancy to Trump too. Doubtful any such move would push any line in any direction. 

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

Heh.  Perhaps he should just go for the gusto and re-nominate Palin.

Ha! The only times I remember the two of them together is when they were spotted eating pizza with forks and that terribly awkward endorsement speech she gave him where you could tell he was even like "she's batshit crazy." 

4 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Got a laugh out of me when I saw that. Haley's stint at the UN was practicably comedic-- a lot of amusing hay could be made about her influence and consensus building style. There's video. Plenty of documentation on her sycophancy to Trump too. Doubtful any such move would push any line in any direction. 

I once thought her star was brighter than anyone on either side, but she will never get the stain of Trumpism off of her.

Forgive me, I have to vent a bit. Whenever I think Republicans can stoop no lower... In my facebook timeline, some Americans post in support of Biden/ Harris. Now they get comments like "No Decent human would support this everyone knows She slept her way to the top" complete with a rather graphic blowjob emoji.

And Biden/ Harris memes with "Sniff & blow". How misogynist and racist can you get?!

58 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I once thought her star was brighter than anyone on either side, but she will never get the stain of Trumpism off of her.

Yep. In reality similar to some video I saw once of a dude getting his pal to sniff the taint of his discarded underwear as a lark, then smacking it into his face. 

54 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Now they get comments like "No Decent human would support this everyone knows She slept her way to the top"

Apparently she performed 4.4 million sexual favors in the 2010 election, and an additional 7.5 million in 2016. 

She must be very tired. 

[Apologies to Erin Brockovich]

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

it's an exercise left to the reader to determine whether or not said stain is a detriment or a bonus.

59 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Forgive, I have to vent a bit. Whenever I think Republicans can stoop no lower... In my facebook timeline, some Americans post in support of Biden/ Harris. Now they get comments like "No Decent human would support this everyone knows She slept her way to the top" complete with a rather graphic blowjob emoji.

And Biden/ Harris memes with "Sniff & blow". How mysoginist and racist can you get?!

I disagree with the sentiment that questions regarding her record tanked her Presidential bid. That said, the misogynoir has been real since Harris set up her stake. 

Just now, JEORDHl said:

I disagree with the sentiment that questions regarding her record tanked her Presidential bid. That said, the misogynoir has been real since Harris set up her stake. 

It is impossible to know for sure how big an issue it was, but without a doubt there were a lot of Democratic voters that took Clinton's defeat to mean that no woman could defeat Trump.  Thus all of the men in the primary had a leg up in the all-important "electability" argument. 

Was that singlehandedly enough to tank her chances?  Of course not, she made plenty of other mistakes.  But it reminds me of the political adage that there's no such thing as the perfect candidate, only the perfect candidate for the moment.  2020 was not Harris's moment. 

14 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Now they get comments like "No Decent human would support this everyone knows She slept her way to the top" complete with a rather graphic blowjob emoji.

Obviously this is disgusting, but it does raise the point that her prior relationship with Willie Brown is probably gonna be used by Trump/GOP.  Frankly I'm surprised it wasn't used during the primary season.

Archived