Watch, Watched, Watching: I missed the last thread?

RedEyedGhost

37 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Well he could have easily said Blow Out, or Carrie, or The Untouchables, etc. I thought it was interesting he went with Carlito’s Way. 

Personally I’ve always found Carlito’s Way extremely underrated. And like I said i much prefer it over the more OTT Scarface (which I do like). 

Idk how I didn't know he directed that. That may be the one I'd pick.

42 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Great movie. 

Indeed. It's not very scary (but I don't find many movies to be very scary), however the tension is excellent, and in an eerie way it's rather believable when you compare it to some of the other great horror films.

I'm sure it gives kids nightmares though. 

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Indeed. It's not very scary (but I don't find many movies to be very scary), however the tension is excellent, and in an eerie way it's rather believable when you compare it to some of the other great horror films.

I'm sure it gives kids nightmares though. 

Idk..scary, disturbing, whatever you want to call it, but those scenes with her mother are pretty crazy...

28 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Idk..scary, disturbing, whatever you want to call it, but those scenes with her mother are pretty crazy...

Oh most definitely. I think disturbing is probably the right descriptor. 

One of the few movies I do remember scaring me as a kid was Poltergeist, and I've been meaning to check it out since it's on Netflix right now. 

The only movie that ever scared me - instead of just cheap frights - was The Shining.  Did like Poltergeist though, think I watched at least a couple of the horrible sequels even (dunno how many there are).  Carrie was just depressing.

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh most definitely. I think disturbing is probably the right descriptor. 

One of the few movies I do remember scaring me as a kid was Poltergeist, and I've been meaning to check it out since it's on Netflix right now. 

Two stick out to me from my childhood: the Zelda scene in Pet Sematary, and the abduction scene from Fire in the Sky. Both scared the shit out of me as a kid. 

32 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Two stick out to me from my childhood: the Zelda scene in Pet Sematary, and the abduction scene from Fire in the Sky. Both scared the shit out of me as a kid. 

IT as a kid shook me, and Event Horizon was just freaky as shit. I'm sure Alien still freaks kids out to this day as well.  

Watched Class Action Park a documentary about a notoriously dangerous Jersey waterpark that my brother in law used to work at. It was kinda bad. Maybe because I'd heard a lot of the stories before, but it was also really jarring to go from a bunch of people reminiscing about how the park was crazy dangerous but fun to interviews with the family of one of the people who died. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I hope you haven't seen Temple of Doom....

....Wait.  I'm pretty fucked up, but did you just compare 2001 to Temple of Doom?  Cuz that's really fucking stupid.

Archived