US Politics: Birthing Again

Tywin Manderly

How long until the "secret Muslim*" slur is re-foisted on us? Over/under - Sunday night. I'm calling the under.

*Which immediately elicits the following in my brain:

A- So what?

B- Fuck you

30 minutes ago, Week said:

How long until the "secret Muslim*" slur is re-foisted on us? Over/under - Sunday night. I'm calling the under.

*Which immediately elicits the following in my brain:

A- So what?

B- Fuck you

Hopefully Biden and Harris aren't caught doing a terrorist fist jab anytime soon.

For @The Great Unwashed, who posted about the GOP's next Great White Hope, Madison Cawthorn:

https://theslot.jezebel.com/my-dark-journey-into-the-soul-of-a-model-young-republic-1844324325

Not just a "Fuhrer bucket list" admirer, but also lied about getting into the Naval Academy and spun one business deal into "successful real estate investor" on his bio.

6 minutes ago, aceluby said:

That is just.... amazing.

Don't know what they expected though.  He regrets nothing and takes responsibility for nothing.  Credit - absolutely, responsibility - none.

I'd argue the next journalist did a fucking terrible job. A good one would have just repeated the question or asked him to follow up on the previous question, not shift to some question about taxes. 

Journalists for the most part have been doing a terrible job on this subject. They should all be constantly asking him about his record of lying.

10 minutes ago, Inkdaub said:

They should both wear tan suits.

Tan pants suit on an ambitious black woman? She's clearly a communist Muslim radical terrorist anchor baby God hating liberal bitch. 

Only Jesus can save her. GOP Jesus that is. Real Jesus, we don't actually talk about that old SJW. 

16 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

For @The Great Unwashed, who posted about the GOP's next Great White Hope, Madison Cawthorn:

https://theslot.jezebel.com/my-dark-journey-into-the-soul-of-a-model-young-republic-1844324325

Not just a "Fuhrer bucket list" admirer, but also lied about getting into the Naval Academy and spun one business deal into "successful real estate investor" on his bio.

It's kind of wild how they can't find a "true believer" out there who isn't a complete grifter, until you realize that's the entire point.  It's a feature, not a bug.

On Trump avoiding answering a question about lying... are you for real?  Where have you been the last 3.5 years?  What do you expect?  Did you honestly think we were one good question or three reporters in a row repeating a question away from removing him from office or getting him to say "you know what, i do lie all the time, ya got me"? 

eta:  also, what's the formula that determines when a thread becomes "hot" according to the board software?  We've got like 12 posts in 6 hours and apparently this is a "hot" topic.

All the stories coming out over the past day or two about what's going down at USPS sound mind-numbingly terrible, especially when combined with differences in voting habits this dramatic:

But unlike Twitter pundits, I'm not going to pretend that I know a damn thing about how USPS operations work. Are all these changes going to dramatically subvert the election or is it something that will more hurt around the edges? Either is unacceptable of course, but it would be good to understand the true of scope of the threat.

Any current or former USPS workers with thoughts?

10 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

It's kind of wild how they can't find a "true believer" out there who isn't a complete grifter, until you realize that's the entire point.  It's a feature, not a bug.

The GOP is composed of nothing but grifters and marks now.

Ok, probably a little bit too much in my own bubble to understand the appeal of this, but WTF are either of the Clinton's speaking at the convention?  I just watched the Epstein documentary where they have Bill lying about being at Epstein's island and being refuted by multiple eye witnesses.  Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?  Or just explain to me why it is.

11 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Ok, probably a little bit too much in my own bubble to understand the appeal of this, but WTF are either of the Clinton's speaking at the convention?  I just watched the Epstein documentary where they have Bill lying about being at Epstein's island and being refuted by multiple eye witnesses.  Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?  Or just explain to me why it is.

It's fucked up. Bill obviously being the fucked up part, but Hillary bugs me too (this is personal bias I'm about to launch into). I think if she'd lost and they had her speak, that's fine. She is an impressive human who has accomplished so much in her life. But she embraces the division of her views and those further to the left. She is full of resentment when the 2016 election comes up (which, of course, who wouldn't be?), but what makes this particularly difficult is that she has shit on a significant portion of the party as misogynistic bros--often I hear about progressives cannibalizing their own, but to me, this is a clear example of that. Her being up becomes contentious instead of what it should be--an accomplished politician who should have beaten Trump but was legitimately screwed by the electoral college and, no doubt, sexist attitudes still prevalent in this country. I think she would be a better President than Biden, no doubt about it, but at this point, she has come off as entitled and owed, and that's just not a good look right now. All my pet peeves aside, Hillary remains an inspirational figure to SO MANY people in the party that I can accept and support the choice to have her at the convention. Despite my misgivings, I think it'd be extremely suspect if they didn't have her. 

I don't have as much to say about Bill because his situation is far less complex. He shouldn't be there, he shouldn't be chiming in on anything due to the sexual predatory behaviors he continues to exhibit (even if only tangentially with Epstein), and honestly, every time he did something leading up to 2016, he actively hurt Hillary's chances of being elected. I would be absolutely fine to never see or hear from him again.

26 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

WTF are either of the Clinton's speaking at the convention?

In terms of Hillary, I think it'd be important no matter who it was to feature the previous nominee that won the popular vote but lost the EC to the sitting president.  That is definitely something that should be emphasized - don't be complacent.  On Bill, like I've said before, yeah I think that's stupid.

7 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I was really hoping this thread title would reference Ben Shapiro’s wife

The only surprising thing about that revelation was that someone would want to widely publicise a self own that bad.

Archived