US Politics: The Roll Call Heard Across America

Fragile Bird

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Bah, she’s an Aussie, she’s a poisonous spider.

Oh wait, poisonous [10,000 critters].

Ok, prove you’re not a reptilian infiltrator!

My eyes are dull and boring and don't flicker about. Must be a different animal.

11 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Adrenochrome is straight out of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." This is like some lazy college kid satire.

ETA: And now I'm afraid to fucking Google it because the dystopian nightmare came true.

Also, City of Lost Children - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_of_Lost_Children

This may come as a shock, but I didn't realize Kris Kobach, the general counsel of Build the Wall, was the former Sec. of State for Kansas, the one behind the Crosscheck bullshit. Also, the guy who was appointed by Trump and was supposed to prove that millions voted fraudulently in the 2016 election, thereby giving Clinton a 'fake' majority of the popular vote. 

So when I read that Kobach in previous interviews said he discussed the Wall project several times with Trump, and Trump gave enthusiastic blessing to it, I can trust those interviews over Trump now saying he never liked the idea.

It's just that there are so many crooked Republicans, I can't keep them straight.

13 minutes ago, Triskele said:

It's all grift and has been for some time.

(I don't think you'll regret reading this essay)

Seems hard to deny the link between people who readily give up their money to right-wing mail schemes and the QAnon supporters of today.  Seems like a very similar psychological profile.  

By Rick Perlstein, author of just published Reaganlania, which I am reading slowly it is huge -- the 4th and concluding volume in his history of the right in the US.

https://www.rickperlstein.net/

And voila, another hundreds strong rally of mostly young folks using the language of child protection and anti-human trafficking in the service of a murderous antisemitic cult.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

This may come as a shock, but I didn't realize Kris Kobach, the general counsel of Build the Wall, was the former Sec. of State for Kansas, the one behind the Crosscheck bullshit. Also, the guy who was appointed by Trump and was supposed to prove that millions voted fraudulently in the 2016 election, thereby giving Clinton a 'fake' majority of the popular vote. 

So when I read that Kobach in previous interviews said he discussed the Wall project several times with Trump, and Trump gave enthusiastic blessing to it, I can trust those interviews over Trump now saying he never liked the idea.

It's just that there are so many crooked Republicans, I can't keep them straight.

Kobach is literally the grift that keeps on grifting. 

I just saw a story about the Tennessee governor signing a bill into law that expanded the number of offences which trigger the loss of voting rights.

Honestly, how the flying fuck can you guys call yourself a democracy when states can take away a person's right to vote? All Canadians have the right to vote under our Charter of Rights, even prisoners and federal court judges (they previously weren't allowed to vote!)

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

I just saw a story about the Tennessee governor signing a bill into law that expanded the number of offences which trigger the loss of voting rights.

Honestly, how the flying fuck can you guys call yourself a democracy when states can take away a person's right to vote? All Canadians have the right to vote under our Charter of Rights, even prisoners and federal court judges (they previously weren't allowed to vote!)

Evidently you still haven't gotten the news: the USA is a tyranny, not a democracy. :crying:

26 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

All Canadians have the right to vote under our Charter of Rights, even prisoners and federal court judges (they previously weren't allowed to vote!)

The point on prisoners is fair and an important facet of subjugation that should be emphasized, but other than that the absolute right to vote is pretty damn well codified here as well.  It's simply concerted efforts over the past 150 years to circumvent that edict have been quite successful, in large part due to the federalist setup.  Don't worry though, neo-fascism will be coming to a theater near you soon!

6 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

This made me laugh way harder than warranted. Whew.

Meh, other than all the Trumps that's a pretty standard lineup.  Surprised he's letting Tiffany speak, she seemed to be persona non grata last campaign.  Also, good thing the convention's not gonna be in person.  Kevin McCarthy would probably get booed by Republican delegates.

Lol, the WaPo is reporting Mary Trump secretly recorded 15 hours of conversations with her aunt, Trump’s older sister, Marianne, the judge, in which the aunt says he had “no principles” and “you can’t trust him”. She didn’t know her niece was recording her. Many of the unattributed quotes in Mary Trump’s book come from these tapes.

At least part of one tape is available on line.

Archived