Football: Ending the Season with a Title Hattrick

A Horse Named Stranger

4 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Diego Carlos clearly made no genuine attempt to play the ball. What saved him was the wider position where the foul took place combined with the two covering defenders in the middle meant that the referee made the right call to view that as not denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. 

I know he's not denying the opportunity. 

I just think he's close - and combined with his studs on Lukaku's achilles - when he'd lost the duel 50 meters ago - also is close to a red. For trying to injure an opponent. 

Combine the two, and I think you can defend a red.

Sevilla win the Europa League again.

Six wins in 14 years is a crazy run of form. Being good enough to win a pretty tough knockout competition that regularly while having so much player turnover is impressive. On top of that though they've also had to thread the needle of being that good but not good enough to regularly put themselves out of contention by progressing in the Champions League.

23 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Harry Maguire arrested in Greece for fighting and then assaulting a police officer. What an utter dicksplash.

If today's stories that he was being harassed by a group of fans on holiday and then someone stabbed his sister in the arm turn out to be true, I'll have a lot more sympathy with him.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

If today's stories that he was being harassed by a group of fans on holiday and then someone stabbed his sister in the arm turn out to be true, I'll have a lot more sympathy with him.

I'm not sure even if all of that is true that it entitles him to a free go at attacking the police.

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

I'm not sure even if all of that is true that it entitles him to a free go at attacking the police.

If all that is true then it's highly unlikely that what happened is that police arrived and he hurled himself at them for no reason. It's not as if coppers are immune to making chaotic and violent situations worse.

Just switched the TV on, and stumbled upon the Liverpool - Stuttgart preseason friendly.

Liverpool pretty much with a first team selection. Well, Williams is playing instead of Arnold and Jones is playing in midfield alongside Fabinho and Keita, but otherwise usual suspects.

Archived