Football: Ending the Season with a Title Hattrick

A Horse Named Stranger

No way we get Partey and Aouar. We need the latter kind of player more than the former, imo.

Would be sad to lose bellerin but I think that's more because he's been around forever and I think he's just about pushing on from his injury.

Hope our business this summer becomes more of a success than some of the previous years..

Allan I think is a needed buy. Hamish is more of a gamble, I think. And if we get him, do we change the way we play? Or is he intended to be sort of a false 9?

Questions..

I just hope it actually happens.

And if it does, we'll still have Origi who's not fit for purpose, so still plenty to moan about.

I still think we're going to have a (relatively) bad season regardless. We've steadily been playing worse football over the past two seasons - even if it has been effective - and if the pattern continues we'll be in trouble.

We scored fewer goals last season and conceded more, and whilst we coasted to the title anyway (though largely because City failed to challenge at all), the finer the margins are, the more likely things are to go wrong.

So like Liverpool fans to bitch and moan after getting 98 points on average in the League and winning the Champions League over the last two seasons. I guess it has something to do with still not believing good things are finally happening. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I often feel the same way. It's still funny, though.

Seems shortsighted especially now that the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 will allow 5 subs for next season. Good chance that La Liga votes for 5 subs as well. 

The Premier League has also confirmed the termination of the broadcasting contract with Chinese broadcaster PPTV that was worth £526m over 3 years due to a dispute over unpaid fees. This will result in a further loss of £160m for EPL clubs. 

9 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Eh. It's worse for us and the other Euro teams, but the rest of the league has no obligation to make things easier for the top few, and the rule pretty clearly favours the richer teams. Just means we need to hope for more intelligent rotation and good fitness experts.

I think it could have been beneficial to the non Euro participants as well. At least it would have offered a greater opportunity for rotation - the bottom 10 or so clubs in the EPL earn a huge amount more than their European counterparts and so have deeper squads. This season is shorter by around a month but with the same number of games which is very likely going to place quite a burden on all players and lead to injuries. It's a shortsighted decision just like the decision to close the transfer window earlier than rival leagues. 

21 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

I think it could have been beneficial to the non Euro participants as well. At least it would have offered a greater opportunity for rotation - the bottom 10 or so clubs in the EPL earn a huge amount more than their European counterparts and so have deeper squads. This season is shorter by around a month but with the same number of games which is very likely going to place quite a burden on all players and lead to injuries. It's a shortsighted decision just like the decision to close the transfer window earlier than rival leagues. 

It would have benefited youth players too. City are probably the only club who could bring on five subs of established players without blooding academy products. 

I also think this is short-sighted.  Without additional subs, teams will have to rotate their starters more — either by choice or eventually forced by injury and fatigue.  That will still benefit the bigger clubs with deeper squads, and may even benefit them more since starters have more impact than subs. 

Archived