Mawr BINGO! The Final Debate, Rage Meets Nice!

Fragile Bird

Convention confession: I have always, always, always, voted Republican until 2016.  All of my Friends and Family still do.  My wife, I think she will vote for Grump again but the kids are asking her not to.  Well, 5/6 are asking her to not vote for Grump.  We are Not Talking About This at home right now.  I told my eldest daughter what I did and now she is trying to get me to Confront My Wife.  Lord, give me the strength.

1 minute ago, TheMightyKC said:

Convention confession: I have always, always, always, voted Republican until 2016.  All of my Friends and Family still do.  My wife, I think she will vote for Grump again but the kids are asking her not to.  Well, 5/6 are asking her to not vote for Grump.  We are Not Talking About This at home right now.  I told my eldest daughter what I did and now she is trying to get me to Confront My Wife.  Lord, give me the strength.

I feel for you. Many of my American friends have family and friends who are Trump supporters. I always made it apoint of honor not to unfriend people on Facebook, figuring I could be a better person by understanding different points of view. I finally unfriended someone 4 years ago because I couldn't stand the Trump nonsense, and I unfollowed someone else for the same reason. I hope you figure out how to deal with it.

Um, how can we get to the second page with no mention of fake news????

Others: "law & order", "the WALL", "wall street", unfair (regarding Trump's treatment"

Some reliable GOP ones: economy, tax cuts, 

31 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I feel for you. Many of my American friends have family and friends who are Trump supporters. I always made it apoint of honor not to unfriend people on Facebook, figuring I could be a better person by understanding different points of view. I finally unfriended someone 4 years ago because I couldn't stand the Trump nonsense, and I unfollowed someone else for the same reason. I hope you figure out how to deal with it.

When our couples church group has had Zoom meetings and Things Turn Political, I have stormed off screen pretending it was something to do with Our Marriage Troubles. 

I have shared before that some of my children are black.  But in our church most people think the BLM activists are terrorists.  While I have completely shifted my voting habits since 2016 I have not discussed this with anyone other than my kids.  I did call up a couple of friends from outside the church 5 or 6 years ago, when the Freddie Gray and Trayvon Martin stuff happened.  They were sympathetic and helpful but it had been a long time.  

This weekend I am going to bring it all in the open with our couples group at the least.  I think my wife will understand, she just has so many friend sand family tied intonaother way of thinking.  And I messed it all up with my Stupid Big Mouth trying to preach abstinence to the kids this spring.  I'm Not a Political Person, but this has become very personal.  

"Lowest unemployment for the blacks"

"Believe me" (too easy)

"They want to defund the police..."

"We're doing so much winning against [insert other Bingo option here]"

"So much voter fraud with mail in voting"

"Greatest economy in the history of the world"

"ANTIFA!"

51 minutes ago, TheMightyKC said:

Saying "Jeez" instead of Jesus lol, or "cripes" instead of "Christ"

I could see him trying to invoke some Christian saying or Bible-verse and just completely messing it up

Someone getting to third base with an American flag.

QAnon references - "We are the Storm" or somesuch nonsense. If they really go for it then there will be a reference to adrenochrome https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-qanon-became-obsessed-with-adrenochrome-an-imaginary-drug-hollywood-is-harvesting-from-kids

Jeff Bezos Washington Post

Failing New York Times

12 hours ago, TheMightyKC said:

This weekend I am going to bring it all in the open with our couples group at the least.  I think my wife will understand, she just has so many friend sand family tied intonaother way of thinking. 

I don't know if it will work, but I'd consider bringing up Charlottesville.  Do they just act like it isn't that big a deal?  Or do they actually want to argue that the KKK rally which murdered someone is indeed made up of "good people"?  Because Charlottesville (IMO even more than the murder of George Floyd) made VERY clear that while you may not see Trump as a racist, the racists in America all support Trump, and he will defend them to maintain that support. 

When I have brought this up with Trump supporters, it is obviously an uncomfortable subject for them, and usually the only response is deflecting to false equivalencies about the Democrats being terrible too. 

2 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Judging by the memes and jokes I've seen from the stupidest people I know, "The Hoe."

I've seen actual ads (they've been plastered on WaPo all week) from the Trump campaign that refer to her as Phony Kamala Harris.  Which is pretty weak sauce IMO. 

FYI, the ads are just astonishing.  It's Joe Biden looking confused, Harris looking smug and protesters+flames in the background.  The image is unsettling, but also very strange.  Trump is trying SO HARD not to run as the incumbent.  "The country is falling apart, Reelect Trump" is a very confusing message. 

14 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

What is his nickname for Harris?

Most the others had kick me signs on them or something, but Trump never really went after her during the Dem leadership debates either. I don't think he's coined one yet.

Soft-on crime Kamala is probably working its way up his cheesepipe. It'll get here eventually.

Archived