@Prince of the North
@Lord Dracarys
@JJ Lannister
@Bronn Stone
@Tywin et al.
@Jaxom 1974
@Mudguard
@aceluby

Kind of sad that some of our regulars haven't responded this year or are sitting things out.  Rocksniffer and ME are usually in this league, but just haven't responded, and I need to get the draft date set. 

Potential draft dates this year.

Monday August 31
Tuesday Sept 1
Wednesday Sept 2
Thursday Sept 3
Friday Sept 4
Saturday Sept 5
Sunday Sept 6
Tuesday Sept 8
Wednesday Sept 9

Please post to let me know which days are completely out for you.  This one is a snake draft, so not the end of the world if you can't make it, but still prefer to have everyone at the draft if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

That was sex:

QBs: Mahomes, Brees (Tannehill, Darnold)

RBs: Conner, Carson, Ingram (Breida, Henderson Jr., Thompson)

WRs: Hill, Kupp, Allen, Jones Jr. (M. Williams, Patterson, Fitzgerald, Sims Jr.)

TE: Cook (Eifert)

K: Tucker

Def: Minnesota

Very happy with this team.

QB - D.Prescott, J.Burrow (D.Carr)
RB - C.McCaffrey, M.Sanders, A.Gibson (L.Murray, T.Coleman, D.Freeman, B.Scott)
WR - J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, R.Woods, S.Diggs (D.Johnson, D.Jackson, J.Jeudy, B.Edwards)
TE - T.Higbee (C.Herndon)
K - D.Bailey
DEF - Philadelphia

Made a couple of aggressive moves to get a few guys I like - couldn't be assured of them getting back to me at the turn. 

Think my biggest question coming out of the draft is if Dak + Gibson (my 3rd and 7th round picks) will turn out to be better than A.Jones + J.Allen (the alternative RB + QB I could have had at those picks if I had reversed the positions).  My gut says Jones + Allen is better, just based on a natural inclination to draft RB early.  And it'll probably turn out that way if Gibson is a bust.  But my auction values have it as Dak + Gibson in a 2 QB league.  And after I saw Mahomes, L-Jax, Wilson, Kyler go in the first two rounds, decided to pull the trigger on a QB early (I expected Mahomes + L-Jax, but thought the others might last a little longer).

QB: Jimmy G, Allen (Lock)

RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Ekeler (Mattison, Pollard, Jackson)

WR: Cooper, Robinson, Landry, Fuller (Shepard, Kirk, Jefferson, Samuel, Washington)

TE: Ertz (Engram)

K: Gould

D: LA

Kind of an astounding draft at RB, but no depth unless there are injuries.  Decent at WR with lots of middling to above average talent.  Solid at TE.  Took risks at QB (and drafted two w/ the same bye, ugh...), but pretty happy with where I got them.

QB: T. Brady, B. Mayfield (K. Cousins, T. Taylor)
WR: AJ Brown, D. Parker, M. Gallup, D. Samuel (D. Slayton, S. Watkins, B. Aiyuk)
RB: D. Henry, K. Drake, T. Gurley (D. Johnson, AJ Dillon, F. Gore)
TE: G. Kittle (A. Hooper)
K: J Slye
DEF: Tennessee (Kansas City)

Draft went OK.  Wanted a better 4th RB, but got beat to the punch on a couple RBs I had in my queue.  Have a lot of WR2/3 type receivers, but hoping at least one will break out, although I'll be happy if all just play as projected. 

QB: Jones, Minshew, Bridgewater.

RB: CEH, Mixon, Bell, Hunt, Mack, D. Williams, M. Brown.

WR: Galloday, Lockett, Boyd, Edelman, Hardman, Perriman.

TE: Kelce, Gesicki.

DEF: Chicago, New Orleans, Indianapolis

K: Lutz

Like this team a lot. Getting Kelce in the fourth round is a fricken steal. Waiting as long as I did at QB might bite me in the ass, but all 3 have upside and could be playing from behind a lot.

Willing to deal. Gotta be a massive offer for CEH. I had the rookie number 3 on my board. 

13 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

And after I saw Mahomes, L-Jax, Wilson, Kyler go in the first two rounds, decided to pull the trigger on a QB early (I expected Mahomes + L-Jax, but thought the others might last a little longer).

I have to admit, I was surprised to see Mahomes go ahead of me.  I really thought I could get both top QB in the tenth/eleventh draft slot. 

QB: L. Jackson, R. Wilson (Trubisky, Haskins, Brisett)
RB: Kerryon Johnson, T. Cohen, Z. Moss (P. Barber, S. Michel, B. Love, G. Edwards, J. Kelley, J. Williams)
WR: M. Evans, O. Beckham, T. Mclaurin, D. Chark (R. Anderson)
TE: R. Gronkowski
K: H. Butker
DT: San Francisco
IR/COVID: R. Armstead

This was an experimental team wherein I used my position on the end of the draft to "double up" on positions in the first eight rounds.  I also wanted to try a Zero RB strategy and I certainly got that.  I didn't pick one until the end of round 7.  Lastly, at WR I decided to hedge across leagues and pick guys who weren't as high in my rankings as in those of others - except McLaurin, whom I just wanted a lot and didn't get elsewhere.

I'm going to stay the course for now and let this strategy play out (sorry JJ - I turned down your fair offer for that reason - plus the fact that I think Edelman is a stiff who only thrived because of Tommy's mancrush on him).

I am happy that my byes are well spread out and I'm not overly reliant on any specific NFL team.  I just have to hope I am right about the RB situations in Detroit, Buffalo, Chicago and wrong about the situation in Washington (but if I am right that Gibson will emerge as a workhorse back,  I'll definitely be happy in Westeros A)

QB: Wentz, Newton (Rivers, Tua)
WR: D Adams, D Hopkins, DK Metcalf, H Ruggs (A Miller, A Jeffery, L Shenault)
RB: D Johnson, D Cook, J Taylor (D Montgomery, JK Dobbins, L McCoy, J Robinson)
TE: TJ Hockenson, (N Fant)
DEF: Steelers

Team is fine, couple times where I underestimated where players would go and ended up having to change my strategy a little. WR and RB each have solid WR1/RB1 options and then a decent wing of backups if some injury situations clear up (looking at you Jeffery and Montgomery). QB is also fine though I do wish I'd pulled the trigger a little earlier on an elite QB, but a pair of QB1.5's is okay by me. Tua is more of a prospective pick than anything else and maybe he'll take over and be good. TE is the only place where I'm a little uncertain, but Fant and Hockenson seem to be doing well in camp.

Archived