Westeros Football League B

Whiskeyjack

I would like to be clear about these special rules for conditional plays right now while it is still (hopefully) moot.

I have been acting under the assumption that the conditionals are only triggered if a game is canceled.
Another possibility is that they are also triggered if the player who is the condition trigger is held out due to COVID-19.
The third possibility (and the way some people seem to be wording their conditions) is if the player can't play for any reason.

Which is it?

6 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I would like to be clear about these special rules for conditional plays right now while it is still (hopefully) moot.

I have been acting under the assumption that the conditionals are only triggered if a game is canceled.
Another possibility is that they are also triggered if the player who is the condition trigger is held out due to COVID-19.
The third possibility (and the way some people seem to be wording their conditions) is if the player can't play for any reason.

Which is it?

Game is canceled due to Covid - yes.

Player is held out due to him personally getting Covid - yes, but only if he's playing in a game that has been delayed past its normally scheduled time that week.

Player can't play for any reason - no.

So for example, if Devin Singletary is questionable due to a knee injury, and Buffalo's game has been moved to Tuesday because of a Covid situation - if you say "Justin Jackson for Devin Singletary" and the game ends up being played but Singletary is held out due to the knee, you do NOT get to plug in Jackson.  You only get him if Singletary misses the game due to Covid or the game is canceled due to Covid.

Another way of saying it - treat regular injuries like any other injury a player is dealing with when they have a Monday night game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived