Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Whiskeyjack

Westeros Football League B

Recommended Posts

Lost CMC in this league, so looking to trade for RB help.

I'm pretty stacked at WR, and willing to move any of Juju, Woods, Diggs, Diontae, Jeudy, D-Jax, C.Davis in the right deal.  Probably won't trade Ridley.

Sent out some offers, but open to ideas if anybody wants to send something my way.  Would like to get a reliable RB, not a question mark (already have a few of those).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Sent out some offers, but open to ideas if anybody wants to send something my way.  Would like to get a reliable RB, not a question mark (already have a few of those).

What?  No offer to me?  Just because all of my RB are super-sketchy AND my WR might be deeper than yours.  Other than that, we are a perfect fit...

Edited by Bronn Stone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

What?  No offer to me?  Just because all of my RB are super-sketchy AND my WR might be deeper than yours.  Other than that, we are a perfect fit...

Quit being a brat.

The cat's got no claws. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

What?  No offer to me?  Just because all of my RB are super-sketchy AND my WR might be deeper than yours.  Other than that, we are a perfect fit...

I actually do like Josh Kelley.  But like you said, not as if you need WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone -

With the way things are playing out for the Pittsburgh-Tennessee and Minnesota-Houston games, I'm going to put a rule in place for this week.  I saw that the Pitt-Tenn game in particular might be moved to Monday or Tuesday, or pushed back to a later week.  I don't want to run into an issue where somebody waits to start somebody from one of those games, and then things get worse and its canceled, leaving the person with a zero in their lineup.

So, if you want to start a player from any of those 4 teams, you will be given the option of posting in this thread that you are starting the player, but that if he ends up not playing due to Covid, then you are choosing to start a different player in his place.  You must specify the replacement player in the post, and you must post it before the replacement's game starts.  Also, if you want to make a change to any instructions, you must make a new post - please do not edit an old post you had already made.  If you change something, I'll rely on your last post in the thread.

Here's an example:
I am starting Derrick Henry at RB.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, I'm going to start Joshua Kelley instead.

Let me know if you have any questions.

@Jace, Basilissa
@Prince of the North
@Lord Dracarys
@JJ Lannister
@Bronn Stone
@Tywin et al.
@Jaxom 1974
@Mudguard
@aceluby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting Derrick Henry, but if he's out due to Covid-19, then I'm starting Devonta Freeman.  I'm also starting Kirk Cousins, but if he's out due to Covid-19, then I'm starting Baker Mayfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Pitt vs Tenn is getting postponed to a later week.  So now this week will end up being their bye week.

Rules I posted above are still in place for Minnesota vs Houston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I saw that and switched out Henry for Freeman.  Looks like Minnesota may have dodged a bullet.  Still no positive tests.

I wonder which Titans were infected.  Were they mainly bench type players that did not interact with players from the other team?  Or starters like linemen that are in close contact with players from the other team?  If some were starting linemen, that would imply that it might be very difficult to pass the disease during gameplay and other outdoor activities, which would be a good thing.  

I also wonder if the Titans are going to be able to field a competitive team in two weeks.  If a bunch of critical starters are infected, they'll be fielding their practice squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Yeah, I saw that and switched out Henry for Freeman.  Looks like Minnesota may have dodged a bullet.  Still no positive tests.

I wonder which Titans were infected.  Were they mainly bench type players that did not interact with players from the other team?  Or starters like linemen that are in close contact with players from the other team?  If some were starting linemen, that would imply that it might be very difficult to pass the disease during gameplay and other outdoor activities, which would be a good thing.  

I also wonder if the Titans are going to be able to field a competitive team in two weeks.  If a bunch of critical starters are infected, they'll be fielding their practice squad.

Didn't stop the 39'ers. No excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 11:02 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

Hey everyone -

With the way things are playing out for the Pittsburgh-Tennessee and Minnesota-Houston games, I'm going to put a rule in place for this week.  I saw that the Pitt-Tenn game in particular might be moved to Monday or Tuesday, or pushed back to a later week.  I don't want to run into an issue where somebody waits to start somebody from one of those games, and then things get worse and its canceled, leaving the person with a zero in their lineup.

So, if you want to start a player from any of those 4 teams, you will be given the option of posting in this thread that you are starting the player, but that if he ends up not playing due to Covid, then you are choosing to start a different player in his place.  You must specify the replacement player in the post, and you must post it before the replacement's game starts.  Also, if you want to make a change to any instructions, you must make a new post - please do not edit an old post you had already made.  If you change something, I'll rely on your last post in the thread.

Here's an example:
I am starting Derrick Henry at RB.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, I'm going to start Joshua Kelley instead.

Let me know if you have any questions.


Update:

The above rule now applies to KC vs NE.  If you want, you can post here and have a backup for KC/NE players according to those rules.  If you do not post about it here, then you are starting or benching KC/NE players at your own risk.

Pitt vs Tenn has been moved to a later week.  Those teams are officially on bye, so take their players out of your lineup.

Looks like Minn vs Houston is happening as normal.

@Jace, Basilissa
@Prince of the North
@Lord Dracarys
@JJ Lannister
@Bronn Stone
@Tywin et al.
@Jaxom 1974
@Mudguard
@aceluby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Whiskeyjack said:


Update:

The above rule now applies to KC vs NE.  If you want, you can post here and have a backup for KC/NE players according to those rules.  If you do not post about it here, then you are starting or benching KC/NE players at your own risk.

Pitt vs Tenn has been moved to a later week.  Those teams are officially on bye, so take their players out of your lineup.

Looks like Minn vs Houston is happening as normal.

@Jace, Basilissa
@Prince of the North
@Lord Dracarys
@JJ Lannister
@Bronn Stone
@Tywin et al.
@Jaxom 1974
@Mudguard
@aceluby

What do we do about kickers and defenses if we don't have any clear spaces to drop and/or add?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

What do we do about kickers and defenses if we don't have any clear spaces to drop and/or add?

Not going to do any special rules for kickers or defenses.  Makes it too complicated to try to get into using players who are on waivers/free agency.  If you want to use the above rule, the replacement player has to be on your roster.  So your options are:

1) Drop somebody else to pickup a replacement, and either start/bench them according to the general rule put in place for KC/NE or just start the replacement if you'd rather go with them for the week.
2) Drop the kicker/defense and pickup a replacement to start.
3) Leave them in your lineup without a replacement and hope the game is played.

I've already just cut my losses and dropped Butker in a couple of leagues.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Point of fucking order!

Two of my four QBs have been COVID'd, and one of my remaining two was a Thursday night starter. There are no starters to pick up.

This is bullshit! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 11:02 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

Hey everyone -

With the way things are playing out for the Pittsburgh-Tennessee and Minnesota-Houston games, I'm going to put a rule in place for this week.  I saw that the Pitt-Tenn game in particular might be moved to Monday or Tuesday, or pushed back to a later week.  I don't want to run into an issue where somebody waits to start somebody from one of those games, and then things get worse and its canceled, leaving the person with a zero in their lineup.

So, if you want to start a player from any of those 4 teams, you will be given the option of posting in this thread that you are starting the player, but that if he ends up not playing due to Covid, then you are choosing to start a different player in his place.  You must specify the replacement player in the post, and you must post it before the replacement's game starts.  Also, if you want to make a change to any instructions, you must make a new post - please do not edit an old post you had already made.  If you change something, I'll rely on your last post in the thread.

Here's an example:
I am starting Derrick Henry at RB.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, I'm going to start Joshua Kelley instead.

Let me know if you have any questions.


Same rules as last week are in place again this week.

As of right now, these apply to:

Buffalo at Tennessee (currently scheduled for Tuesday night)
Denver at New England (currently scheduled for Monday night)
Arizona at New York Jets (currently scheduled for Sunday, but Jets just had a positive test)


@Jace, Basilissa
@Prince of the North
@Lord Dracarys
@JJ Lannister
@Bronn Stone
@Tywin et al.
@Jaxom 1974
@Mudguard
@aceluby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than send out a message every week, everyone can assume that moving forward these rules apply to any game that is moved back in the schedule of a given week due to covid.

So if a game is moved from Sunday to Monday or Tuesday or whatever, then you can make use of this rule.

Note - that is not the case with Arizona vs NY Jets yet, but I listed them above because of the possibility of the game being pushed back after the positive test.  Just assume it applies to that game if the game is moved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...