Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

2 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

@Dunknegg
@Jaxom 1974
@Mudguard
@Tywin et al.

One more reminder for the people who I don't see in the draft yet.  Starts in 14 minutes.

C'mon, man. 14 minutes to go and you were worried about us? :P

I don't even enter meetings I'm running until sixty second before at most...

Don't think that went very well for me.  Got some guys I liked, but clearly should have dropped out of the bidding on a few of them.  Cost me at RB3.

QB - D.Prescott, J.Goff (R.Fitzpatrick)
RB - E.Elliott, D.Henry, L.Murray (D.Ozigbo, R.Armstead, D.Williams, T.Pollard, D.Evans)
WR - D.Moore, C.Kupp, D.Chark, J.Jeudy (C.Samuel, B.Aiyuk, J.Reagor, L.Shenault)
TE - M.Andrews
K - D.Bailey
DEF - Indianapolis

Probably doesn't help that I accidentally hit +1 on the Chark bid.  Needed that money for a RB.

I'm definitely looking to trade, if anybody wants to deal. 

QB: Lamaaaaaar Jackson, Cam Newton (Tyrod, Baker)

RB: Dalvin Cook, Marlon Mack, Philip Lindsay (Rondald Jones, J.K. Dobbins, Matt Brieda) 

WR: A.J. Green, D.K Metcalf, Keenan Allen, Devante Parker (John Brown, Larry Fitz, CD Lamb)

TE: Hayden Hurst, (TJ Hockenson)

K: Robbie Could

Def: Steelers (Bears) 

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Bow to another one of my teams with overwhelming QB and WR play and god knows what at RB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Don't think that went very well for me.  Got some guys I liked, but clearly should have dropped out of the bidding on a few of them.  Cost me at RB3.

QB - D.Prescott, J.Goff (R.Fitzpatrick)
RB - E.Elliott, D.Henry, L.Murray (D.Ozigbo, R.Armstead, D.Williams, T.Pollard, D.Evans)
WR - D.Moore, C.Kupp, D.Chark, J.Jeudy (C.Samuel, B.Aiyuk, J.Reagor, L.Shenault)
TE - M.Andrews
K - D.Bailey
DEF - Indianapolis

Probably doesn't help that I accidentally hit +1 on the Chark bid.  Needed that money for a RB.

I'm definitely looking to trade, if anybody wants to deal. 

Ha! Hahaha! HAHA HAHA! 

My services are always available.

QB: Rodgers, Brees (Rivers, Burrow)

RB: Bell, Singletary, Taylor (Michel, Moss, Henderson)

WR: OBJ, Diggs, Evans, JuJu (Jefferson, Campbell, Pitman Jr.)

TE: Gronk (Goedert)

K: Lutz

Def: Minny

I worry my team is more names than skill.

QB: D. Watson, T. Brady, M. Stafford

RB: Sanders, Conner, K. Johnson (Swift, Scott, Gibson, White, Harris) 

WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Gallup (Kirk, P. Williams, B. Edwards)

TE: Ertz (Gesicki)

K: Prater

Def: S. F.

Eh, probably all a moot point anyway but I think this looks reasonably competitive on paper:)

I think I'm pretty balanced and I have to resist my natural temptation to futz too much.  Definitely can't stream defenses, even though I LOVE to stream defenses.

QB: K. Murray, J. Allen (D. Carr, N. Foles) [% of budget =24.5]
RB: A. Kamara, J. Mixon, C. Akers (B. Love, T. Coleman, T. Cohen) [% of budget =45.5]
WR: K. Golladay, H. Ruggs, S. Watkins, A. Lazard (M. Williams, A. Miller, R. Anderson, N. Harry) [% of budget =18]
TE: T. Kelce (D. Waller) [% of budget =10]
DT: Baltimore [% of budget =1.5]
K: J. Slye [% of budget =0.5]

No WR 2, one WR1, nobody who projects at WR3 but lots of WR4/5/6 types with chances to emerge.

Doubled up at TE, but $3 for who I project as the 4th TE was too good to pass up.  Probably should trade Kelce for a WR who cost about $17.

I think WJ's troubles at RB3 leave me with the best RB crew, slightly ahead of Groz and PotN.  Jaxom's crew (and probably team) hinge on whether Gurley to ATL is a rebirth or a fizzle (though Jaxom's QB situation could end up being worst in the league).

Yahoo has my starting QB projecting as both in the top 8, but I think they're a somewhat above average but not great starting crew.  Good depth in case of cancelled games.

QB: R. Wilson, J. Garoppolo, (S. Darnold)
WR: D. Hopkins, D. Samuel, J. Edelman, D. Slayton, (M. Hardman, A. Jeffery, A. Brown, J. Washington, R. Cobb)
RB: K. Drake, C. Carson, D. Johnson (M. Ingram, AJ Dilon, L. McCoy)
TE: G. Kittle (G. Olsen)
K: J. Tucker
Def: New England

Not much depth, and not crazy about my WR3 or WR4, but otherwise I think my team is OK.  Hoping a couple of my second year receivers pans out.

QB: Rapelisberger, Lock, (Haskins, RG3)

RB: Jacobs, Edwards-Helaire, Hunt (Mattison, Edmonds, Freeman)

WR: M Thomas, AJ Brown, M Brown, Boyd (Fuller, M Jones Jr, Tate, D Jackson)

TE: Cook, (Fant)

K: Butker

D: Tampa

Two Top 10 RBs, a decent RB3/Flex and 3 insurance guys that could easily become RB1 if there are injuries. (If you have any of these team's starters, I will only trade an insurance guy for a playable RB3)

4 Top 20 WRs (possibly all in the top 10) with a lot of guys on my bench who could step up and play the WR1 on their team if needed

Cook is a pretty good TE1, but Fant could break out this year and be a top 5 guy in that offense.

QB I took the most risks.  Rapey McRaperson should give me a decent floor if he stays healthy, Lock has a shitload of weapons on a team built to literally just try to keep up with KC's offense, defense be damned.  Haskins is there because he was cheap, but should improve this year, and RG3 I picked up when the Madden curse eventually befalls Lamar for a game or two.

Overall, really happy with my team.  Lots of young talent.

QB: Bridgewater, Cousins, (Tua)

RB: Barkley, Gurley II, Moster (Hill, Snell Jr., Hyde)

WR: Hill, Thielen, Robinson II, Hilton (Patterson, Cooks, Sheppard)

TE: Henry (Engram, J. Smith)

K: Gonzalez

DEF: KC (Philly)

I think its a good mix everywhere for the starters everywhere but QB, though, as usual, the bench depth...eh...lotta potential maybe...? 

2 hours ago, Dunknegg said:

Saw this blurb on yahoo sports and it was discussed last night:  " Eligibility for these slots(IR) requires an official designation of "out," IR or PUP."

Appreciate you mentioning it.  I posted in the main Fantasy Football thread that we are changing that for our leagues, so people are only allowed to put players on IR if they are on the real NFL IR or if they have a Covid designation.

Players who are Out or on PUP won't be allowed, and those transactions will be reversed (any player added that way will be dropped).

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone -

With the way things are playing out for the Pittsburgh-Tennessee and Minnesota-Houston games, I'm going to put a rule in place for this week.  I saw that the Pitt-Tenn game in particular might be moved to Monday or Tuesday, or pushed back to a later week.  I don't want to run into an issue where somebody waits to start somebody from one of those games, and then things get worse and its canceled, leaving the person with a zero in their lineup.

So, if you want to start a player from any of those 4 teams, you will be given the option of posting in this thread that you are starting the player, but that if he ends up not playing due to Covid, then you are choosing to start a different player in his place.  You must specify the replacement player in the post, and you must post it before the replacement's game starts.  Also, if you want to make a change to any instructions, you must make a new post - please do not edit an old post you had already made.  If you change something, I'll rely on your last post in the thread.

Here's an example:
I am starting Derrick Henry at RB.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, I'm going to start Joshua Kelley instead.

Let me know if you have any questions.

@Dunknegg
@Jaxom 1974
@Mudguard
@aceluby
@Tywin et al.
@Jace, Basilissa
@Prince of the North
@Bronn Stone
@grozeng

Archived