Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

It's even more challenging when the player on one of those teams is listed as Questionable.  As are several potential replacements.  I don't really want to deal with, "I will play Diontae Johnson if he is active and there is no indication he will be scheduled for reduced snaps, otherwise I will choose Sammy Watkins if he is active, and if not, N'Keal Harry if he is active, or Greg Ward in that order"

Even though absent the cancellation, that is exactly what I'd do - I'd check on Johnson at 9:30 PDT, and if he was out, check on Watkins then Harry at 12:30.  Saving Ward with his 5:30 start for last chance.

But I'll just set Watkins and check at 12:30 if I can.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Jefferson's back up is Tate. 

Also, @Whiskeyjack, is my team in violation of the spirit of the expanded IR rules? I've got 4 guys on IR and JuJu on a COVID bye (one that is never going to be made up). 

Looks okay to me.  Goedert, Cohen, Campbell, and Bell are all on the real life IR, and we said that was allowed even if they aren't for Covid related reasons.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:04 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

Hey everyone -

With the way things are playing out for the Pittsburgh-Tennessee and Minnesota-Houston games, I'm going to put a rule in place for this week.  I saw that the Pitt-Tenn game in particular might be moved to Monday or Tuesday, or pushed back to a later week.  I don't want to run into an issue where somebody waits to start somebody from one of those games, and then things get worse and its canceled, leaving the person with a zero in their lineup.

So, if you want to start a player from any of those 4 teams, you will be given the option of posting in this thread that you are starting the player, but that if he ends up not playing due to Covid, then you are choosing to start a different player in his place.  You must specify the replacement player in the post, and you must post it before the replacement's game starts.  Also, if you want to make a change to any instructions, you must make a new post - please do not edit an old post you had already made.  If you change something, I'll rely on your last post in the thread.

Here's an example:
I am starting Derrick Henry at RB.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, I'm going to start Joshua Kelley instead.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Update:

The above rule now applies to KC vs NE.  If you want, you can post here and have a backup for KC/NE players according to those rules.  If you do not post about it here, then you are starting or benching KC/NE players at your own risk.

Pitt vs Tenn has been moved to a later week.  Those teams are officially on bye, so take their players out of your lineup.

Looks like Minn vs Houston is happening as normal.

@Dunknegg
@Jaxom 1974
@Mudguard
@aceluby
@Tywin et al.
@Jace, Basilissa
@Prince of the North
@Bronn Stone
@grozeng

19 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Update:

The above rule now applies to KC vs NE.  If you want, you can post here and have a backup for KC/NE players according to those rules.  If you do not post about it here, then you are starting or benching KC/NE players at your own risk.

Pitt vs Tenn has been moved to a later week.  Those teams are officially on bye, so take their players out of your lineup.

Looks like Minn vs Houston is happening as normal.

@Dunknegg
@Jaxom 1974
@Mudguard
@aceluby
@Tywin et al.
@Jace, Basilissa
@Prince of the North
@Bronn Stone
@grozeng

How does the IR thingy work? I don't like change.

29 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

How does the IR thingy work? I don't like change.

If a player is marked as COVID-19 or IR, you can put him on IR.

If a player is marked as Doubtful or Out, you are not allowed to put him on IR.  Yahoo lets you do it, but its against the rules in our leagues.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:04 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

Hey everyone -

With the way things are playing out for the Pittsburgh-Tennessee and Minnesota-Houston games, I'm going to put a rule in place for this week.  I saw that the Pitt-Tenn game in particular might be moved to Monday or Tuesday, or pushed back to a later week.  I don't want to run into an issue where somebody waits to start somebody from one of those games, and then things get worse and its canceled, leaving the person with a zero in their lineup.

So, if you want to start a player from any of those 4 teams, you will be given the option of posting in this thread that you are starting the player, but that if he ends up not playing due to Covid, then you are choosing to start a different player in his place.  You must specify the replacement player in the post, and you must post it before the replacement's game starts.  Also, if you want to make a change to any instructions, you must make a new post - please do not edit an old post you had already made.  If you change something, I'll rely on your last post in the thread.

Here's an example:
I am starting Derrick Henry at RB.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, I'm going to start Joshua Kelley instead.Let me know if you have any questions.

Same rules as last week are in place again this week.

As of right now, these apply to:

Buffalo at Tennessee (currently scheduled for Tuesday night)
Denver at New England (currently scheduled for Monday night)
Arizona at New York Jets (currently scheduled for Sunday, but Jets just had a positive test)

@Dunknegg
@Jaxom 1974
@Mudguard
@aceluby
@Tywin et al.
@Jace, Basilissa
@Prince of the North
@Bronn Stone
@grozeng

Rather than send out a message every week, everyone can assume that moving forward these rules apply to any game that is moved back in the schedule of a given week due to covid.

So if a game is moved from Sunday to Monday or Tuesday or whatever, then you can make use of this rule.

Note - that is not the case with Arizona vs NY Jets yet, but I listed them above because of the possibility of the game being pushed back after the positive test.  Just assume it applies to that game if the game is moved.

Archived