US Politics: A Midnight Express for Claudia Conway

Tywin Manderly

According to the NY Times, at least two of the five new citizens (of the naturalisation ceremony) were not told it was being broadcast at the convention. https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/08/26/us/rnc-convention-election#some-of-the-immigrants-trump-naturalized-on-tuesday-didnt-know-they-were-being-broadcast

I thought Jesus was a rabbi? Okay, a Jewish teacher? No, just seeing the absurdity of The Christian Right wing message of promoting guns and violence with the story as written about turning the other cheek and putting away swords, but I’m sure someone can correct me:)

2 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

I thought Jesus was a rabbi? Okay, a Jewish teacher? No, just seeing the absurdity of The Christian Right wing message of promoting guns and violence with the story as written about turning the other cheek and putting away swords, but I’m sure someone can correct me:)

Jesus did not give the opening prayer at the RNC tonight, and the rabbi who did does not follow the teachings of Jesus.

12 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Sad but true.

The power of religion can trick just about anyone. That doesn't mean all religious people are bad by any means, but it's just too easy of a tool to weaponize.

4 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Looks like Hitler Youth is speaking now.

Comments like this are going to get kiddo elected. And he did give a very good speech. 

28 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Jesus did not give the opening prayer at the RNC tonight, and the rabbi who did does not follow the teachings of Jesus.

Pretty sure a lot of rabbis at the time weren't wild about Jesus' teachings either.

Archived