UK Politics: Johnsons Hoaxy Yurt North of Hadrian's Wall

Tywin Manderly

Monumental fuck up in figures today, turns out we’ve been at around 10,000 cases a day rather than around 7,000 cos we lost some results. It’s not clear at the moment if the government have been working their restrictions around this assumption or if it’s just the public who didn’t know. But this virus climbing that much when we thought things were steadying is incredibly dangerous.

Yeah, saw this with the corrected figures. Not great. It also likely resulted in those cases not being passed onto track and trace ( Though it really looks like we've given up on that system and are sorta free wheeling into the winter)

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

What are you talking about? Truly there’s no greater example of systemic racism than showing a non-white soldier fighting for the British in WW1. Even if historically it did happen why couldn’t the movie just been white men fighting heroically for their country?

Why include other people who were there?

He’s totally not a right wing version of a sock justice warrior he and other right-wing reactionaries screech about all the time.

I’m being sarcastic.

Really? I couldn't tell.

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Some posh, nepostistic, #whitegenocide cunt.

Oh, he's that bad? Really makes me question why HoI thinks his natural home is the Tories. I mean, I can understand why a lot of people hereabouts think his natural home is the Tories, but I wouldn't have expected it from HoI.

12 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Oh, he's that bad? 

Probably. Not sure if he's ever utter the phrase publicly, but he's precisely the type of knucklehead who subscribes to that type of bollocks. I dread to think what he says to his chums in the privacy of his Belgravia penthouse.

IIRC, he was one of the people whining last year that the Gammon thing was a racist insult, aimed at decent, upstanding, purple-faced-rage-morons all across Brexitland.

9 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Oh, he's that bad? Really makes me question why HoI thinks his natural home is the Tories. I mean, I can understand why a lot of people hereabouts think his natural home is the Tories, but I wouldn't have expected it from HoI.

Nah, he's not. He is just a troll. He just generally reacts to other trolls like Spocky who think anyone who disagrees with them is a racist or white supremacist.

As for his party, my point is that if his main manifesto promises are around not giving into the more lunatic element of the left calling for the pulling down of statues and 'decolonising' everything, as well as making sure the BBC isn't entirely staffed by those with a homogenous worldview.. well the Tories have basically taken care of that already.. so what is the point of him?

9 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Probably. Not sure if he's ever utter the phrase publicly, but he's precisely the type of knucklehead who subscribes to that type of bollocks. I dread to think what he says to his chums in the privacy of his Belgravia penthouse.

IIRC, he was one of the people whining last year that the Gammon thing was a racist insult, aimed at decent, upstanding, purple-faced-rage-morons all across Brexitland.

He hasn't, but I'm sure you think he's also secretly calling for the invasion of Poland too so I'm not sure what that is worth. 
As for the gammon thing, it's all about hypocrisy.. which is pretty much why he ever got famous on Question Time. If you are out there acting like you are some champion of the anti-racists, but have no problem judging everyone based on their skin colour, throwing around insults in the same way.. then maybe you need to take a little look at yourself.

12 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Why are they setting up the safe space, what necessitates it? 

We could perhaps do a Google?

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/new---trending/black-history-month?INITD=hp_bhm

What have we been doing to support our colleagues?

We've relaunched our network that supports ethically diverse colleagues. I AM ME @ Sainsbury's, now has over 2600 members and a very active schedule of events. We run mentoring circles, awareness days, learning sessions and celebrations.

Recently we provided our black colleagues with a safe space to gather in response to the Black Lives Matters movement.

As part of our committment to ensure that our black colleagues have a fair and enjoyable experience working at Sainsbury's, we are reviewing and publishing our ethnicity pay gap later this year.

I know it's a lot of work and a heavy burden, as a white person we are after all constitutionally required to comment on any and all racial issues at any time, but doing a Google really isn't that much of an ask. Maybe this was a response to, I don't know, requests from BAME staff or something out of left field like that?

35 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Nah, he's not. He is just a troll. He just generally reacts to other trolls like Spocky who think anyone who disagrees with them is a racist or white supremacist.

Yes, yes saying bigoted things and promoting bigoted ideas can’t be constructed as proof of x person being a bigot.

Because we can’t literally read his mind so calling him racist just because of what he says is unfair. 
Is David Duke racist? I can listen to what he says. But I don’t know his heart so how can I tell if he genuinely truly believes what he says or doing it only for profit?

Seriously though; not everyone many on the left gets mad at is a racist.

Not Every figure railed on for being racist by many on the left or social progressives is being called such without good reason.

For example; Rossann Barr can be seen as racist for what she’s repeatedly throughout the years.

Sock justice warriors getting mad at her doesn’t make any less of a bigot.

Now give me a laughing or confused emoji.

9 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I have to say he very well may make bank catering to right-wing anti-justice warriors.

Literally they’ll screech and rumble in defense of whatever “anti-woke” idea he’d push forward and cry he’s treated unfair if suffers any consequence for his words.

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Because we can’t literally read his mind so calling him racist just because of what he says is unfair. 
Is David Duke racist? I can listen to what he says. But I don’t know his heart so how can I tell if he genuinely truly believes what he says or doing it only for profit?

Yeah Lawrence Fox = David Duke. Strange you seem to equate everyone to David Duke. Is this the new Godwins Law?

6 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Yeah Lawrence Fox = David Duke. Strange you seem to equate everyone to David Duke. Is this the new Godwins Law?

Oh also, words do matter my buddy.

That was my point.

Is this so hard for you to understand that you can reasonably judge a person as a bigot for their words?

Please leave a confused emoji to clarify your confusion with this very easily understandable idea.

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Oh also, words do matter my buddy.

That was my point.

Is this so hard for you to understand that you can reasonably judge a person as a bigot for their words?

Please leave a confused emoji to clarify your confusion with this very easily understandable idea.

I mean if you can let me know why Lawrence Fox = David Duke then go ahead.

7 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Priti Patel has hit out at ‘do-gooders’, finally conceding that the Tories are in fact the bad guys.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18769540.anger-priti-patel-hits-do-gooders-pledges-tougher-asylum-regime/

To be fair to Patel, asylum seekers in the UK are mostly fleeing unimaginable horrors of... France.

1 hour ago, mormont said:

We could perhaps do a Google?

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/new---trending/black-history-month?INITD=hp_bhm

I know it's a lot of work and a heavy burden, as a white person we are after all constitutionally required to comment on any and all racial issues at any time, but doing a Google really isn't that much of an ask. Maybe this was a response to, I don't know, requests from BAME staff or something out of left field like that?

For a mod your condescending tone is really off putting.

Unfortunately, that doesn't answer the question I was asking. If a 'safe' space has been requested, what has driven that, are BAME staff less safe? I cant find anything to say they have requested it so your 'maybe' would have been helped by linking something, the link you provided didn't really clear anything up. 

7 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

For a mod your condescending tone is really off putting.

Unfortunately, that doesn't answer the question I was asking. If a 'safe' space has been requested, what has driven that, are BAME staff less safe? I cant find anything to say they have requested it so your 'maybe' would have been helped by linking something, the link you provided didn't really clear anything up. 

Well as a white person it is quite a heavy burden for him to actually provide useful links. I’m sure he didn’t mean to be condescending, it’s just as a white person he was constitutionally required to whitesplain that to you. Don’t be harsh on him.

Archived