US Politics: Talk Radio Ravings and Other Mindless Mouthing

Tywin Manderly

Let them slither back to parts unknown. Impervious to new information, basic logic, and decency. The deliberate misrepresentation (i.e. lie) about BLM are more than enough to tell you all that you need to know.

He was literally being chased by someone with a gun, so by any reasonable definition he was in mortal danger, the fact that he should be in mortal danger as he is a murdering fuckwit is moot. 

is that sufficient in your jurisdiction? we'd need a local attorney to opine on the applicable cases for what authorizes lethal self-defense.  the old common law rules might authorize self-defense in situations wherein one is outnumbered and also in situations wherein one's victim is armed. we'd need to parse the case law.  we also need to know if the initial aggressor can escalate to lethality--that's usually not authorized.  initial victim can escalate to lethality only if initial aggressor's conduct warrants it, say. the facts that he was unlawfully armed, out past curfew, not a local townie but a foreign townie, and looking for trouble are likely irrelevant.  

if this kid was hired to shoot protesters (it's "his job"), and crossed state lines for the purpose of same, then he's got a dual sovereignty problem with federal charges.

@The Map Guy thinks Trump, who deferred out of military service for bone spurs, bullies the weak and powerless, and lacks the courage to fire people in person unless it's reality TV, is an alpha male.

@The Map Guy is too much of a wimp to respond to Fury's posts.

He deserves pity that he lives in such fear and ignorance.

1 hour ago, The Map Guy said:

Tell that to the criminals that hurt law abiding citizens, denying their freedom to a safe life.

Criminals hurt the population more than the police.

Dude, maintaining peace, has literally been the most trotted out excuse authoritarian regimes have used since forever.

To persuade law-abiding citizens, that they should be quiet, and submissive. 
Do what you’re told, and government won’t kill you, so you shouldn’t care about the treatment of criminals.

They can torture them, rape them, fucking enslave them, it’s all okay, because this segment of the population had been deemed criminals.

It doesn’t matter if your Jewish neighbors are being sent to camps.

It’d be illegal to intercede and try to stop it.

If they get executed without trial? The government had deemed them criminals

Rebutting the claim of that woman on how black people are modernly oppressed because of something that happened 150 years ago

Segregation literally was just fifty years ago.

Hey fun fact, Mississippi only dropped an amendment in their state constitution barring interracial marriage in 2011.

So how do with fix racism? Its not by burning Ethiopian restaurants.
Racism may never be fixed. But there is one thing that may be close ... it is stop committing crimes against each other: Black on Black, Black on White, Cop on Black, White on Black, and all the other races too

Crime may never be fixed.

Therefore we should stop trying to stop it.

Dude, can you actually concede racism within the police department is something that should be clamped down on? 
Do you seriously see no extremely ill effects if even just 15% of the police officers having white-nationalist views?

And, dude, a simple thing would be clamping down, on apparent racial bias when it appears, not having methods that make it very easy for police to get away with racial profiling.

Rookie cops working with a superior Officer who has a vendetta against Floyd.
The other cops asked if they should stop and Chauvin said No.
At one point, the other cops just backed off of Floyd anyways while Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd.
Watch the video if you are not afraid of graphic content.

These men were not good cops.

There are good cops. Cops who’d do nothing in the face of one them violating the law and putting a man life at risk are not good cops.

Good cops would have stopped Chauvin because superior or not he was committing a crime.

If Chauvin had literally shot one them in the head, I doubt you’d argue they’d be reasonable to do nothing just because Chauvin told them not to.

If Chauvin said he was going to go shoot up a hospital, I doubt you’d argue it’d be reasonable for them to do nothing, just because Chauvin said so.

Defend good cops, go ahead.

Not the cops involved in this murder.

And don't forget about the drugs in his system.
Anyways that will be up to the jury to decide.

Yeah. The drugs didn’t kill Floyd.

Having a knee to his neck did.

Don’t try obscuring the fact he was murdered, by pointing things that did not kill him.

Eric Garner is a better poster boy than George Floyd, but Eric was Obama-era. Its a shame what happened to Eric, but at the same time ... when the police (especially a police sting) announce that you are arrested, you don't resist. Almost all the people who have died under the police are resisting arrest. If only people listened to Chris Rock.

Garner was guilty of selling cigarettes, and resisting arrest.

The cop who killed him was guilty of murder.

Cops shouldn’t be expected to murder-which is you know a big crime-you at the slightest lack of total compliance, and respect to an officer.

Cops are not allowed to just break the laws, because they find a particular citizen they’re dealing with difficult in any matter.

Murdering someone is a bigger crime than  resisting arrest.

There shouldn’t be an expectation of law enforcement breaking the law when things don’t go immediately they’re way.

Seriously you might as well say the Boston Massacre was a-ok because the colonists were throwing rocks and snow at soldiers with guns.

Who is Kay Fury? The woman in the video?

Anyway gtg.

Oh, so you didn't vote in 2016? You claimed to be a life-long Democratic party voter. Pretty misleading statement on your part. So, like Jeff Flake, you flaked out and let your country down. And you thought it'd lead to WW3 and you still did it. So you are something akin to a Jill Stein voter.

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

What sort if sentence can fuck nuts expect for the weapons charge (which presumably is pretty clear cut) on the chance he does skate on the murders/manslaughter? 

First time offense?  Probably a fine.

13 hours ago, Week said:

Grim Tuesday hates Democrats and the sun will rise in the east tomorrow. Thanks for the news update. 

Why do you have to run down anyone who doesn't think like you? Grim has as much right to post moment to moment thoughts as anyone else. I get if you don't agree, but to be so dismissive of others?

Eric Garner is a better poster boy than George Floyd, but Eric was Obama-era. Its a shame what happened to Eric, but at the same time ... when the police (especially a police sting) announce that you are arrested, you don't resist. Almost all the people who have died under the police are resisting arrest. If only people listened to Chris Rock.

So? I mean, I presume NYPD - We have not killed a n... on camera since 2014, is not exactly  evidence that they are not discriminating against minorities. But hey, as long as they don't regularly stop and frisk white guys, you are safe. :thumbsup:

I didn't vote for Trump yet. And again, I agree that Police Officer Chauvin murdered Floyd, but it was personal and not racist. If you watched all 52 minutes of the video, nothing indicates racism. If the police used the "N" words, then we have a bingo. Even if they used "You people" ... maybe you can label that racist. BUT none of that occurred. If that occurred, give me that timestamp. The other officers treated the 2 black passengers of Floyd's car neutrally. No racism, just cooperation.

If it talks Trump, walks Trump, and smells Trump. It's either a used diaper, some collector of defunct after shave. Either way. Otherwise, I hate it to repeat myself.

Please Mr/Mrs European, educate yourself. CNN likes to hide data. 80% of murdered black people are committed by black people. In 2019, only 9 unarmed black men were killed by police. BLM is destroying cities over a single digit number while completely ignoring black on black crime. This is the fire in the kitchen and racist police are the leak.

Definition of unarmed. Would be interesting. The term weapon might very well cover stuff like screw drivers, or baseball bats.

Population make up of the US.

~13% of the US population are black. However they make up 40% of the prison population.

Numbers for the whites.

~ 64% of the population are white. They contribute 39% of the prison population.

So depending on what you look like, your experience with law enforcement (and the criminal justice system in general) might differ greatly.

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Are you being facetious? 

From the complaint:

Count 6: POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON BY A PERSON UNDER 18
The above-named defendant on or about Tuesday, August 25, 2020, in the City of Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, being a person under 18 years of age, did go armed with a dangerous weapon, contrary to sec. 948.60(2)(a), 939.51(3)(a) Wis. Stats., a Class A Misdemeanor, and upon conviction may be fined not more than Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000), or imprisoned not more than nine (9) months, or both.

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Are you being facetious? 

No.  Its a class A misdemeanor.   Its not unusual for a first time offender of a class A misdemeanor to not get jail time.  Maybe the judge will throw the public a bone can give him the max 9 month jail time?  Just depends on the judge.  There are some very pro gun GOP judges in Kenosha.  

8 minutes ago, Gareth said:

No.  Its a class A misdemeanor.   Its not unusual for a first time offender of a class A misdemeanor to not get jail time.  Maybe the judge will throw the public a bone can give him the max 9 month jail time?  Just depends on the judge.  There are some very pro gun GOP judges in Kenosha.  

Jesus wept. 

12 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Why do you have to run down anyone who doesn't think like you? Grim has as much right to post moment to moment thoughts as anyone else. I get if you don't agree, but to be so dismissive of others?

Anyone? No. Dismissive? Debatable. Seemed a reasonable level of response to me. The hypocrisy of accusing ME of demanding purity and alignment of thought is a rich little morsel that I'll enjoy. Nom nom.

6 hours ago, Ser Reptitious said:

Can we please stop calling this guy a kid? :bang:

He's an armed thug who went looking for trouble, and found it. That's certainly how it would be framed if the perpetrator was black. But lo and behold, when the perpetrator is white, suddenly he's a "kid" and we are discussing whether he was in fact the true victim here and therefore justified in murdering two people, plus an attempted third one. The mind boggles!

He's a fucking kid. It's the same thing I've long said about any young person in this situation--race has nothing to do with it, except I've taken longer to come around to these little white terrorists. These young people who are indoctrinated to hateful ideologies, whether they're white boys in racist environments, or people overseas responding to US "interventions" around the world, or whatever, do not have the neurological ability to resist when that's the world they live in.

This kid killed people, and they are innocent victims in this who were supporting a just, necessary cause. As far as we know, they were good people, and it's tragic.

This kid doing this is tragic too. It's a waste of a life, and likely this little shit never had a chance to develop otherwise. Escaping the influence of your family, your environment, your entire life in your adolescence is not a matter of character. 

1 minute ago, Simon Steele said:

He's a fucking kid. It's the same thing I've long said about any young person in this situation--race has nothing to do with it, except I've taken longer to come around to these little white terrorists. These young people who are indoctrinated to hateful ideologies, whether they're white boys in racist environments, or people overseas responding to US "interventions" around the world, or whatever, do not have the neurological ability to resist when that's the world they live in.

This kid killed people, and they are innocent victims in this who were supporting a just, necessary cause. As far as we know, they were good people, and it's tragic.

This kid doing this is tragic too. It's a waste of a life, and likely this little shit never had a chance to develop otherwise. Escaping the influence of your family, your environment, your entire life in your adolescence is not a matter of character. 

Well, you know, some kids want to grow up to be firefighters, or doctors, or nurses, or movie stars. Astronauts. Lawyers. Wanting to grow up to be a police officer used to be a good thing, no? To say he never had a chance to develop otherwise is a bit extreme, isn't it? Especially in the US where people love their guns?

1 minute ago, Week said:

Anyone? No. Dismissive? Debatable. Seemed a reasonable level of response to me. The hypocrisy of accusing ME of demanding purity and alignment of thought is a rich little morsel that I'll enjoy. Nom nom.

I try to engage with people at the level of their issues and areas I disagree. You dismiss outright, and hold weird grudges. If you don't like the points of view you're dismissing, then ignore them? Or engage with them. There are plenty of points you could make in response to Grim's views. But to dismiss outright? I guess that's your right, but it's a load of BS. Same as claiming everyone who disagrees with you is in some "purity" contest. But this need to run anyone down who you think is "too pure"--these are ad hominem attacks against viewpoints people hold on the current political escape. They come off, at best, as low effort (but really they come off as vindictive and spiteful). Whatever you think is best. The purity test around here seems to be "you're not pure if you don't fall in line for the Democratic marching orders." 

6 hours ago, ants said:

Are these the young voters who didn't come out for Sanders who had significant plans to wipe away student debt? 

This is a false narrative, and I think you probably know that. Young voters DID come out for Sanders, but not in high enough numbers to matter. 15 to 20 percent of voters were under 30 years old, but they overwhelming went for Sanders. That is a huge population of people who got out and voted. And that's a huge number of people you want voting for Biden in November, so don't be dismissive of them. Again, they are a significant number, and if anyone could fuck things up in November (by not voting or voting third party), it's this group. Outreach to them is more important than outreach to "Biden Republicans." 

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Well, you know, some kids want to grow up to be firefighters, or doctors, or nurses, or movie stars. Astronauts. Lawyers. Wanting to grow up to be a police officer used to be a good thing, no? To say he never had a chance to develop otherwise is a bit extreme, isn't it? Especially in the US where people love their guns?

My 6 yo son told me he wanted to be a police officer.  I did nothing to discourage him but deep down inside, I hope its just a phase.  

Archived