Videogames - The definitive Edition, remastered

Toth

Looks like Milla Jojovich has been duped into ruining another movie adaptation of a quality video game franchise .

Monsters look pretty good though. And Milla hasn't aged a day since Resident Evil. Maybe she got just the right dose of the T virus.

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Looks like Milla Jojovich has been duped into ruining another movie adaptation of a quality video game franchise .

Monsters look pretty good though. And Milla hasn't aged a day since Resident Evil. Maybe she got just the right dose of the T virus.

She's married to very renowned hack Paul W.S Anderson. So I guess wherever he goes, she goes. :dunno:

Resident Evil is getting a "more faithful" film adaptation (although YMMV, as the first film apparently combines the plots of Resident Evil 1 and 2), plus a less-faithful alternate universe take from Netflix, plus a third alternate universe take from Netflix but animated.

Microsoft backtracking pretty quickly on the idea that Bethesda games will still come out on PlayStation.

“Is it possible to recoup a $7.5 billion investment if you don’t sell Elder Scrolls VI on the PlayStation?” I asked.

“Yes,” Spencer quickly replied.

Then he paused.

“I don’t want to be flip about that,” he added. “This deal was not done to take games away from another player base like that. Nowhere in the documentation that we put together was: ‘How do we keep other players from playing these games?’ We want more people to be able to play games, not fewer people to be able to go play games. But I’ll also say in the model—I’m just answering directly the question that you had—when I think about where people are going to be playing and the number of devices that we had, and we have xCloud and PC and Game Pass and our console base, I don’t have to go ship those games on any other platform other than the platforms that we support in order to kind of make the deal work for us. Whatever that means.”

That means Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout 5 as XBox/PC exclusives, pretty much.

1 hour ago, Red Tiger said:

The problem here is not so much the story but it's presentation.

I mean, should it have been a bunch of people in silly outfits, with pussycat slaves?

It looks like they're going to be faithful to the monsters, which is about as much as you could realistically ask for in a live action version.

Playing what I call “Drunk Thunder”

Basically I play the game “War Thunder” while drunk. (I like to keep things simple)

Die red team! Die!

Edit: On a side note. CK3 needs to make the AI smarter in making matrilineal marriages. Right now they don’t seem to at all. I’m tired of my branch families dying out because my cousin duchess keeps deciding to marry non-matrilineally. 

6 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Wait, what now? That needs explaining.

Have you not played any of the games? There are lots of little pussycat guys who cook dinner for the real people and stuff, and you drag one of the poor little fuckers around with you, putting them in harm's way while you're running around murdering dinosaurs.

I suppose there's no reason not to have them in the live action version though, really, given how amazing the cat monsters in Cats were.

21 hours ago, Ser Drewy said:

She's married to very renowned hack Paul W.S Anderson. So I guess wherever he goes, she goes. :dunno:

I think I remember that, now you mention it.

16 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

The stories in the Monster Hunter games are dumb as shit, so why wouldn't the movie adaptations be?

The question is, why even borrow the game title if you are just going to make a generic Kaiju flick? It's not like fans of the games are going to see that trailer and think, "Cool! that's exactly what I want in a Monster Hunter adaptation."

Was it just to secure the funding? "Hey, there's this popular video game about killing huge monsters, give us some money and we'll totally not make a movie out of the game, but we will use the title."

4 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Have you not played any of the games? There are lots of little pussycat guys who cook dinner for the real people and stuff, and you drag one of the poor little fuckers around with you, putting them in harm's way while you're running around murdering dinosaurs.

I suppose there's no reason not to have them in the live action version though, really, given how amazing the cat monsters in Cats were.

The chad Meowscular Chef is no one's slave. I mean, look at this absolute unit: https://i.imgur.com/cs7JXpN.gif

On 10/17/2020 at 9:42 AM, Soylent Brown said:

I think Jace's obvious comment was about Bethesda selling PlayStation users down the river by joining Microsoft, not about the Monster Hunter thing.

Ended up trying out Banished a few days ago. I really had this itch for a comfy city builder and it always looked super interesting to me ever since I first saw it, so I grabbed it for 5 bucks in a sale. But luckily I took it for this low a price, because while it is still fairly impressive for a tiny one-man project, it still feels like the endgame is missing for some reason.

So I started out with my first town, got along fairly well, but I overestimated how long my supplies last and when suddenly my gatherers for some insane reason stopped gathering stuff, my people starved to death because the three houses closest to the barn hoarded all the food. It also wasn't helping that I had quite a number of villagers work in a quarry because I was trapped on a tiny ass island with no stone whatsoever and that hampered my growth massively.

The second town was in a similarly cramped situation, so I abandoned that one right away.

The third town however had a massive forest to its north and plenty of resources all around, allowing me to build it up quite comfortably. I never had anyone starving or freezing, though when I reached 200 people I had to send a lot of them into the mines to keep my coal and stone supply steady and occasionally someone died in accidents. But all in all it was too smooth of a ride as I ended up not really knowing what to do with my people, so I ended up buying all the seeds and animals and tried to build one of each type of farm. And there are a ton of foods in this game. All of this ended up with me hoarding about 60.000 food and then still letting the crops die on the fields because my gatherers, hunters and fishers hauled in enough to get me through the winter without much of a dent in my supplies.

And then I didn't know what else to do. Expanding my village even further seemed superfluous. Instead I was aiming to do some of the achievements, but those were only timesinks by now. I heard there are a few good mods floating around, so I will look into these at some point, but at this point it feels like it's just the basis of a great game with everything worthwhile still missing.

Interesting! Partisans 1941 is a Shadow Tactics-inspired stealth game set in WWII, so basically Commandos but on the Eastern Front and with partisans rather than professional soldiers. Seems to be promising, but might wait for a few more reviews. It doesn't have the polish of Desperados III, understandably given it seems to have been made on a tiny sliver of the budget, but it looks solid.

BSG: Deadlock is approaching the endgame, so I can move past the opening campaign and get a good look at the newer material. Just unlocked the Jupiter-class Battlestar (basically, the Galactica) which is sweet.

Archived