Toth

Videogames - The definitive Edition, remastered

5 hours ago, Caligula_K3 said:

I replayed Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag this summer. Some of it hasn't aged well (or was never good at all: did anyone ever like those "slowly follow people from Point A to Point B listening to their conversations" missions?). But the ship combat and piracy core of the game is so immersive and fun. I finished the story missions, but I treated the real final boss of the game as being the legendary ships. And unlike Origins and Odyssey, which I enjoyed but got burnt out on, the world is a very manageable size, and a lot of the side missions are fun enough that I'm happy to do them.

Yeah.  I don't think I even really remember the plot at all.  Just sailing and upgrading the ship, plus the island is what stands out.  It may not have been the best AC game, but it was the best PIRATE game I'd played in years.

My only concern at this point is that they have raised the hype-o-meter to the point where the game cannot even remotely ever live up to it. But it looks amazing.

The other thing I hadn't cottoned on to is that all the music in the trailers is from the game, and I think with one exception (Grimes' "4ÆM") they're all original tracks created for the game, including the two in this trailer ("Heave Ho" by Konrad OldMoney and "Night City" by Arielle Sitrick, aka REL). The music so far is great, and spans a huge amount of genres (to the anger of some people who seem to think that cyberpunk should just be all synthwave, all the time).

Also, it sounds like the game has reached the point of going gold in the next couple of weeks. No more delays (touch wood).

Edited by Werthead

31 minutes ago, Werthead said:

(to the anger of some people who seem to think that cyberpunk should just be all synthwave, all the time).

They think ”rockerboys” are just for show? Weirdos.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

They think ”rockerboys” are just for show? Weirdos.

For the apparent 2% of people who know this is based on an earlier property and the 0.00003% of people who've ever played the original game, that's not a problem, but most people seem to be unaware of that, especially since Mike Pondsmith has been absent from all their recent marketing (despite leading a lot of the earlier stuff).

re Cyberpunk hype. Indeed, it's even got me, a person who actively dislikes FP perspective, seriously thinking about getting it. Fortunately I have IRL friends (I know shocking right?) who are into FPP and are hyped about Cyberpunk who will give me a realistic read on whether I will be able to overcome my dislike of FPP and enjoy the game anyway.

I saw a report saying that the day pre-orders for Xb Series X started there was a big spike in Amazon Xb OneX sales. The report is speculating that perhaps there was some name confusion and some people are going to be a bit disappointed at receiving the current gen console now when they were expecting the new gen one in just under 2 months. I'm sure it will sort itself out, but I wonder if anyone suggested in the naming meeting that Xb Series X is quite similar to Xb One X and could cause a bit of confusion for people early on in the transition between generations.

3 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

re Cyberpunk hype

Has anyone played it yet? Gameplay is great with graphics and sounds. And Keanu reeves is terrific with his Winter soldier arm and shades. Reviews would be nice. 

And isn't it more like GTA than COD? The FP perspective I mean 

Edited by TheLastWolf

I think I’ll wait to get Cyberpunk for PS 5 in 2021.

We’re too close to the next Gens for non PC purchases. 

Edited by A True Kaniggit