The Greatest Fighters Of All Time

16 hours ago, Orm said:

The fact that Robert smashed Rhaegar, when he was 3 years younger, injured prior to the Trident, with a big ass Warhammer which a grown ass well built man couldn't lift on horseback.....

Should in fact tell you that Robert Baratheon is light years ahead Rhaegar Targaryen....

Anyways there is no point of discussion, if you are gonna disregard the text and  the Author..... You can keep your opinion....

But, I do my homework when it comes to fantasy fights and fighters......

Robert Baratheon (prime) is the greatest warrior of ASOIAF.... this is fact and my opinion.....

You say yiu do your homework, but you talk nonsense in every comment.

Before going into this, I gotta say once again I dont like any of these two characters.

Robert was super strong, I give him that, but: you say he went against Rhaegar injured. Well, it's not true, botj were fully healthy at the beggining, it was Rhaegar who cut Robert so hard that he couldn't went thereafter for Lyanna, and sent Ned instead. So you say Rhaegar was nothing compared to him, but he still hurt him so much that Robert couldn't stand at his feet after the battle(It is literally written down, go search for it). Here is how I PERSONALLY think it happened: They faced eachother on horseback, and Rhaegar cut him pretty well, but Rhaegar entrusted himself, and Robert, heavily injured but still so strong(he was god damn strong) that he could LUCKILY hit Rhaegar on his chest, who eventually died because of that hit, even tho he wasn't injured before at all. 

Anyway, the fact that their fight was as close that it couldn't even had been closer can not be ignored, wven for the big Robert fans like you.

Then, there are 3 fights mentioned in which Robert participated:

The battle of Gulltown, where he won, the Battle of Bells, where others saved his ass from Connington( JonCon wasn't a good fighter,.but a great commander), and the Battle of thw Trident(we know what happened there).

So, just like before, may I ask you what makes you think that Robert was the Greatest warrios of all time of Planetos? Beating Rhaegar(which in my opinion was a lucky occasion), who in your opinion was nothing compared to him? Do you hear yourself, dude? 

He never faced any other great warriors, only Rhaegar. That, and his strenght makes him the best ever? Or that he was on the first line on the battlefield to smash peasants and noname knights?

Anyway, you believe whatever you want, you can tell that I don't pay attencion, but I never ever hears a GRRM interview where he stated this, only that he was a good fighter, which he was, obviously, but far away from the greatests. So you may not believe me, you don't have to, but you are the blind one in the group.

11 hours ago, HerblYY said:

You say yiu do your homework, but you talk nonsense in every comment.

Robert Baratheon (prime) is the only  warrior quoted to be called peerless in ASOIAF series....

If wanna chalk this off as ass-kissing on Ned Starks part, then go ahead...

I don't given who Ned as an individual is....

Since, you don't like the evidence The nonsense is you, I am afraid....

Before going into this, I gotta say once again I dont like any of these two characters

You don't have to like or dislike characters to judge them as fighters.....

I like Jon snow more than I Like Loras....But I know who's gonna win in a fight...

Oh, Yeah and I mentioned Brienne because she beat Loras and somewhat holds her own against a weakened Jaime

Robert was super strong, I give him that, but: you say he went against Rhaegar injured.

Yes, he did.....

He was injured at Ashford....

At the battle of the Bells with that injury and without his signature weapon he moped the floor with Jon Con(literally was made hand due to his combat prowess), Myles Mooton and 5 others....

At the Battle of the Trident he might've made a recovery of that injury....

But that doesn't change, he was injured prior and wasn't at a hundred percent.....

Robert was super strong, I give him that, but: you say he went against Rhaegar injured. Well, it's not true, botj were fully healthy at the beggining, it was Rhaegar who cut Robert so hard that he couldn't went thereafter for Lyanna, and sent Ned instead. So you say Rhaegar was nothing compared to him, but he still hurt him so much that Robert couldn't stand at his feet after the battle(It is literally written down, go search for it). Here is how I PERSONALLY think it happened: They faced eachother on horseback, and Rhaegar cut him pretty well, but Rhaegar entrusted himself, and Robert, heavily injured but still so strong(he was god damn strong) that he could LUCKILY hit Rhaegar on his chest, who eventually died because of that hit, even tho he wasn't injured before at all. 

No point, in  fan-fiction.... But getting the hit, your gonna give credit to luck? I suggest you study Weight class fights.....

And if you have super strength for your size(which Robert has) then you are in a league of your own unless there is another person with equatable super strength for the same size....

Then it come downs to technical skills and fierceness... Off which Robert has plenty...

Anyway, you believe whatever you want, you can tell that I don't pay attencion, but I never ever hears a GRRM interview where he stated this, only that he was a good fighter, which he was, obviously, but far away from the greatests. So you may not believe me, you don't have to, but you are the blind one in the group.

https://georgerrmartin.com/grrm_merch/king-roberts-warhammer/#:~:text=In his youth Robert Baratheon,Stark could not wield it.&text=It was his war hammer Robert carried that day on the river.

You do know Mr Martin is a writer, right?.. if you wanted a link should've have told me so......

He calls Robert a paragon of a man and Legendary with his Warhammer....

And also gave the indication what Jorah meant when he said how Rhaegar fought....

Everybody knew the outcome of what would happen if Robert met Rhaegar at single combat.... 

That is Rhaegar ending up dead and shatting in the gutter...

, just like before, may I ask you what makes you think that Robert was the Greatest warrios of all time of Planetos

The Author, Ned Stark, Basic Math and Probability....

Also the common sense that one hit with a bigass warhammer which a grown ass well built man can't lift, is an overkill no matter what armour your wearing.....

But, since won't like all the evidence I presented to you and deny it..... I see no point in discussion with you.... You can keep your opinion based on your fanfics but that is far from the facts...

Your the one who's blind or don't have an understanding of fighters in the group.....

10 hours ago, HerblYY said:

Then, there are 3 fights mentioned in which Robert participated:

What about the 3 back to back battles won at summer hall?? And the Greyjoy Rebellion?

Have you read the Books, dude?

Anyway, the fact that their fight was as close that it

Where is it written it was close? Mr. Martin says Robert decided the battle of the Trident with one blow....

Danny's visions are her hallucinations, if you would have quoted that....

Because we know the fight was in horseback.....

Anyway, the fact that their fight was as close that it couldn't even had been closer can not be ignored, wven for the big Robert fans like you.

I am more a Stannis Stan, really....

But I do like AGOT Bobby B.... The guy is hilarious.....

Robert 'Demon of the Trident' Baratheon screams mythical Thor, though.......

You still say your opinion is the right one, yet you don't give any evidence for Martin stateing that Robert was the best ever.

I gotta admit that I did make mistakes bc I was reading about the Rebellion a long time ago. Yes, Robert was injured after Ashford, maybe recovered, but after their duel Robert couldn't continue his way to King's Landing(Ned arrived after Tywin, then Robert, and Ned left to Storm's End without Robert). I did not state this after Dany's visions.

Rhaegar wasn't a fighter, but he was "good at anything he put his mind to", and you being a Robert fan makes your opinion biased in this case.

I admit if I make mistakes( I made some about actual historical events), you should try it too, and maybe you will realise that strenght isn't everything, and never is mentioned Robert being skilled or winning any melee(because he never did win any), even tho it is stated that he liked fighting in those kind of tournaments(or whatever I should call).

You are clearly going for judging my mistakes and ignore facts that are against your big boy, that is what I call blindness.

But you cleary can not be convinced, neither will I be conviced by you(because you will be coming up with the fact that he was superstrong(it's the only thing said in your link too, not that George named him best)even for the 101th time), so our talking is pointless, you can save your words for someone else.

The fact that Robert ended the battle "with one blow" means that he hit Rhaegar once, but deadly. You can imagine it a 5 second-long fight, Robert being a One-punch Man, it will still be fanfiction, just as mine, because their fight was never described from the first step to the last, only the aftermath(Rhaegar dead, Robert heavily injured).

37 minutes ago, HerblYY said:

You still say your opinion is the right one, yet you don't give any evidence for Martin stateing that Robert was the best ever.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://georgerrmartin.com/grrm_merch/king-roberts-warhammer/%23:~:text%3DIn%20his%20youth%20Robert%20Baratheon,Stark%20could%20not%20wield%20it.&ved=2ahUKEwjs473mhMrrAhXaF3IKHfIrD3gQFjABegQIDhAF&usg=AOvVaw0Aad-0ocbvOGlyCjHNXw2u

Dude, literally Mr Martin in his website calls him "a Paragon of a Man" and "Prowess is Legendary with the Warhammer" in the first paragraph...... Robert Baratheon was that good that the author leaves it up to our imagination........

Don't lie if you don't like it(I literally gave  you the link)..... And since your a Rhaegar fan this obviously is not going to be to your liking.... Your emo prince got his ass handed to him....

And we also have Mr Martin talking about the battle of the Trident in this, go to 25:10 minute and listen onwards..

https://youtu.be/Vcy-EhkHXnE

He literally says Robert Baratheon(prime) was as good as him when he started writing ASOIAF.....

If the author saying it not going to convince you otherwise then I don't  see the point with you....

But I am gonna call out B_S on your opinion....

Peace....

3 hours ago, Orm said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://georgerrmartin.com/grrm_merch/king-roberts-warhammer/%23:~:text%3DIn%20his%20youth%20Robert%20Baratheon,Stark%20could%20not%20wield%20it.&ved=2ahUKEwjs473mhMrrAhXaF3IKHfIrD3gQFjABegQIDhAF&usg=AOvVaw0Aad-0ocbvOGlyCjHNXw2u

Dude, literally Mr Martin in his website calls him "a Paragon of a Man" and "Prowess is Legendary with the Warhammer" in the first paragraph...... Robert Baratheon was that good that the author leaves it up to our imagination........

Don't lie if you don't like it(I literally gave  you the link)..... And since your a Rhaegar fan this obviously is not going to be to your liking.... Your emo prince got his ass handed to him....

And we also have Mr Martin talking about the battle of the Trident in this, go to 25:10 minute and listen onwards..

https://youtu.be/Vcy-EhkHXnE

He literally says Robert Baratheon(prime) was as good as him when he started writing ASOIAF.....

If the author saying it not going to convince you otherwise then I don't  see the point with you....

But I am gonna call out B_S on your opinion....

Peace....

"Paragon of a man, stronger and larger than...", "his prowess with it was legendary". So we know he looked like an idol, he was big, strong and brave. Where his skills are mentioned, or that he won at those melees? Oh, wair, I know, nowhere. These credits were given to him by me too, anything else to say? Keep ignore the arguments that I said before once again, because there won't be a next time, I'm not gonna write em down for you once again.

So, just like before: Robert cannot be called better than Rhaegar, maybe equals.

And, while you are a big fan of Robert, I'm still here saying that I'm not a Rhaegar fan, believe it or not. If you want to know why, I can tell you why: His arrogance, and emo style led the kingdom into war, if he doesn't go off with Lyanna, House Targaryen wouldn't lose control over the 7K. His acts were what led the people there, not Aerys'. Things happened this way, we couldn't change it, the only good thing that came out about all this are the dragons.

1 hour ago, HerblYY said:

"Paragon of a man, stronger and larger than...", "his prowess with it was legendary". So we know he looked like an idol, he was big, strong and brave. Where his skills are mentioned, or that he won at those melees? Oh, wair, I know, nowhere. These credits were given to him by me too, anything else to say? Keep ignore the arguments that I said before once again, because there won't be a next time, I'm not gonna write em down for you once again.

So, just like before: Robert cannot be called better than Rhaegar, maybe equals.

And, while you are a big fan of Robert, I'm still here saying that I'm not a Rhaegar fan, believe it or not. If you want to know why, I can tell you why: His arrogance, and emo style led the kingdom into war, if he doesn't go off with Lyanna, House Targaryen wouldn't lose control over the 7K. His acts were what led the people there, not Aerys'. Things happened this way, we couldn't change it, the only good thing that came out about all this are the dragons.

As I said before,:bs:

His skill is mentioned as Legendary... I suggest you educate yourself on the meaning of the words I marked..

The hammer was forged by Donal Noye while he was still the smith at Storm’s End, and Robert’s prowess with it was legandary.-GRRM

In tournaments he was never much for jousting, preferring a melee where he could bludgeon his opponents senseless.-GRRM

He won those melees... That's what happens when you bludgeon your opponents senseless...

He won more than he lost, though. And he killed Prince Rhaegar on the Trident."-Edric Storm, Davos V ASOS

And Jousting is not fighting by the way.... I made the same mistake. Someone corrected me in the forum.....

And,

Robert was never one to lead from the rear and his advance eventually brought him into combat with Prince Rhaegar. Robert decided the battle and ended the Targaryen rule in Westeros when his hammer crushed Rhaegar’s breastplate, spilling the rubies that adorned it into the water, giving the area now known as the Ruby Ford its name.-GRRM

He sought out Rhaegar, he smashed him with one blow...

He wasn't severely injured or anything as you paint..... Or else he wouldn't send his own Maestar to treat Barri B.....

And as I told before I am a Stannis Stan believe it or not. I like Bobby B but he has issues.....

He was a moral coward when it came to Elia and her children. He never valued Stannis. Even if he had loved him( as Mr Martin said) but that still doesn't make up his idiocy for it..... He should have had the Backbone to put Cersei in her place.... But as it turned Cersei slaps him around as she wished... I have sympathy for him that he got strong armed into marrying an Evil Narcissist.... But that doesn't change that after the Greyjoy Rebellion he turned into an irresponsible drunk.....

1 hour ago, Orm said:

As I said before,:bs:

His skill is mentioned as Legendary... I suggest you educate yourself on the meaning of the words I marked..

He won those melees... That's what happens when you bludgeon your opponents senseless...

And Jousting is not fighting by the way.... I made the same mistake. Someone corrected me in the forum.....

And,

He sought out Rhaegar, he smashed him with one blow...

He wasn't severely injured or anything as you paint..... Or else he wouldn't send his own Maestar to treat Barri B.....

And as I told before I am a Stannis Stan believe it or not. I like Bobby B but he has issues.....

He was a moral coward when it came to Elia and her children. He never valued Stannis. Even if he had loved him( as Mr Martin said) but that still doesn't make up his idiocy for it..... He should have had the Backbone to put Cersei in her place.... But as it turned Cersei slaps him around as she wished... I have sympathy for him that he got strong armed into marrying an Evil Narcissist.... But that doesn't change that after the Greyjoy Rebellion he turned into an irresponsible drunk.....

As I said, I don't care about these people's personality when ranking them.

He was as injured that he couldn't continue his way with the main group (most of them were on foot to Kings Landing.

Smashing him with one blow means he killed him with one hit, not with his first.

When Cersei said to Tommen that he will find him someone who teaches him to fight so good he could win tourneys lust like his father, Loras asked him which, and it came into Cersei's mind that he never won any(this refers to melees too.)

Anyway, you are in full darkness, i have already given up on you, I won't reply to your comments that are telling the same things without any proof. Goodbye.

[mod] Folks, this is a discussion not a competition. There are no winners or losers and behaving as if there are is ill-mannered. Please be civil to others even if - particularly if - you think they are wrong. Thank you. [/mod]

On 9/2/2020 at 2:17 AM, HerblYY said:

I gotta admit that I did make mistakes bc I was reading about the Rebellion a long time ago. Yes, Robert was injured after Ashford, maybe recovered, but after their duel Robert couldn't continue his way to King's Landing(Ned arrived after Tywin, then Robert, and Ned left to Storm's End without Robert). I did not state this after Dany's visions.

Rhaegar wasn't a fighter, but he was "good at anything he put his mind to", and you being a Robert fan makes your opinion biased in this case.

I admit if I make mistakes( I made some about actual historical events), you should try it too, and maybe you will realise that strenght isn't everything, and never is mentioned Robert being skilled or winning any melee(because he never did win any), even tho it is stated that he liked fighting in those kind of tournaments(or whatever I should call).

You are clearly going for judging my mistakes and ignore facts that are against your big boy, that is what I call blindness.

But you cleary can not be convinced, neither will I be conviced by you(because you will be coming up with the fact that he was superstrong(it's the only thing said in your link too, not that George named him best)even for the 101th time), so our talking is pointless, you can save your words for someone else.

The fact that Robert ended the battle "with one blow" means that he hit Rhaegar once, but deadly. You can imagine it a 5 second-long fight, Robert being a One-punch Man, it will still be fanfiction, just as mine, because their fight was never described from the first step to the last, only the aftermath(Rhaegar dead, Robert heavily injured).

The Mad King's men had been hunting Robert, trying to catch him before he could rejoin your father," he told her as they rode toward the gate. He was wounded, being tended by some friends, when Lord Connington the Hand took the town with a mighty force and started searching house by house. Before they could find him, though, Lord Eddard and your grandfather came down on the town and stormed the walls. Lord Connington fought back fierce. They battled in the streets and alleys, even on the rooftops, and all the septons rang their bells so the smallfolk would know to lock their doors. Robert came out of hiding to join the fight when the bells began to ring. He slew six men that day, they say. One was Myles Mooton, a famous knight who'd been Prince Rhaegar's squire.

Robert was the first man to gain the wall, and slew Marq Grafton with his own hand. 'This Baratheon is fearless,' I said. 'He fights the way a king should fight.' Our maester chuckled at me and told us that Prince Rhaegar was certain to defeat this rebel. That was when Stark said, 'In this world only winter is certain.'

Yet whilst the search dragged on, Eddard Stark and Hoster Tully came down upon the town with a rebel army. Bells and battle followed, and Robert emerged from his brothel with a blade in hand, and almost slew Jon on the steps of the old sept that gave the town its name.

He would stand his ground without flinching, his legs braced, the great spear in his hands, and as often as not he would curse the boar as it charged, and wait until the last possible second, until it was almost on him, before he killed it with a single sure and savage thrust.

“The stink of death, don’t think I can’t smell it. Bastard did me good, eh? But I... I paid him back in kind, Ned.” The king’s smile was as terrible as his wound, his teeth red. “Drove a knife right through his eye. Ask them if I didn’t. Ask them.”

“Truly,” Lord Renly murmured. “We brought the carcass back with us, at my brother’s command.”

“For the feast,” Robert whispered.

My brother was always strong,” Lord Renly said. “Not wise, perhaps, but strong.”

In the sweltering heat of the bedchamber, his brow was slick with sweat. He might have been Robert’s ghost as he stood there, young and dark and handsome. “He slew the boar. His entrails were sliding from his belly, yet somehow he slew the boar.” His voice was full of wonder.

Robert was never a man to leave the battleground so long as a foe remained standing,” Ned told him.

My brother had a gift for inspiring loyalty. Even in his foes. At Summerhall he won three battles in a single day, and brought Lords Grandison and Cafferen back to Storm’s End as prisoners. He hung their banners in the hall as trophies. Cafferen’s white fawns were spotted with blood and Grandison’s sleeping lion was torn near in two. Yet they would sit beneath those banners of a night, drinking and feasting with Robert. He even took them hunting. ‘These men meant to deliver you to Aerys to be burned,’ I told him after I saw them throwing axes in the yard. ‘You should not be putting axes in their hands.’ Robert only laughed. I would have thrown Grandison and Cafferen into a dungeon, but he turned them into friends. Lord Cafferen died at Ashford Castle, cut down by Randyll Tarly whilst fighting for Robert. Lord Grandison was wounded on the Trident and died of it a year after. My brother made them love him, but it would seem that I inspire only betrayal. Even in mine own blood and kin. Brother, grandfather, cousins, good uncle...

“I was watching from across the yard. You did very well, Tommen. I would expect no less of you. Jousting is in your blood. One day you shall rule the lists, as your father did.”

“No man will stand before him.” Margaery Tyrell gave the queen a coy smile. “But I never knew that King Robert was so accomplished at the joust. Pray tell us, Your Grace, what tourneys did he win? What great knights did he unseat? I know the king should like to hear about his father’s victories.”

A flush crept up Cersei’s neck. The girl had caught her out. Robert Baratheon had been an indifferent jouster, in truth. During tourneys he had much preferred the mêlée, where he could beat men bloody with blunted axe or hammer. It had been Jaime she had been thinking of when she spoke.

“Lord Stannis is not a coward.”

He’s not the man his brother was either. Robert never let a little thing like a river stop him.”

“They said Robert Baratheon was strong as a bull and fearless in battle, a man who loved nothing better than war.”

Archived