Roberts Rebellion Book Series

3rasmus

Obviously GRRM would never write a Roberts Rebellion book series, but what if in an alternative universe he finishes asoiaf and begins a trilogy about Roberts Rebellion? If so, how would the books be split up; which events would each book start and end on? I’d imagine the first book would begin after Roberts betrothal you Lyanna, and the events leading up to the Tourney at Harrenhal. Would the trilogy work better as a POV series or more like the Fire & Blood book? Which POV characters would we see in that scenario? I reckon it’d be cool to see a Stannis POV chapter during the siege, or Elia or Ashara when their lives ultimately ended. What do you guys think? 

21 minutes ago, Loose Bolt said:

Most major players of that time are already dead so there should be very few people who could tell about Rebellion in their PoVs.

I personally believe that Ashara Dayne is alive, she could reveal a few things, just like Howland Reed, but Stannis, JonCon and especially Varys might know a few things. Barristan was there too(we know he doesn't like revealimg anything, but he's a POV). 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 7:31 AM, HerblYY said:

I personally believe that Ashara Dayne is alive, she could reveal a few things, just like Howland Reed, but Stannis, JonCon and especially Varys might know a few things. Barristan was there too(we know he doesn't like revealimg anything, but he's a POV). 

I feel as if Varys would have revealed what he knew if he had an urgency to. We’ve gotten some clues from Jojen and Meera about the tourney which means Howland is definitely telling people but just withholding key information. What makes you think Ashara is alive? 

On 9/2/2020 at 7:13 AM, Orm said:

As much as my heart aches to see or read Stannis and Renly eating rats while Robert was Smashing Rhaegar at the Trident......

I know for a fact Mr. Martin is not gonna get to it......:bang:

I’d love to hear more about Davos’ perspective of the siege, and the aftermath when the siege is lifted by Ned. It would be interesting to see if Davos interacted with Ned and/or his opinion on him. Don’t remember him ever mentioning Eddard, only Stannis seems to. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived