Little Things You Wish Didn’t Happen

Lord of Raventree Hall

I was wondering if there were any small events you guys wish were changed in the story. I wish Maester Aemon had stayed at Castle Black. I think Jon needed his advice, his guidance. I don’t know how much this would effect the story, but I think it would. 

It IS a little thing...

I wish Rhaegar hadn't kidnapped Lyanna.

And don't tell me that the series wouldn't have been. It would've gone ....differently, that's all.

Maybe I even wish Aegon the Conqueror hadn't done his thing...conquering I mean. Damn Argillac the Arrogant.

8 hours ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

I wish Maester Aemon had stayed at Castle Black.

This doesn't strike me as little at all. It's quite a big change... actually most of what's been proposed on this thread is a major change to the story course

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I wish Nimble Dick Crabb had survived. :crying:

Agreed.

I wish Alyn-who-wanted-to-be-a-knight hadn't died, and Mikken too. I liked Mikken so much. It was terrible to see him die on page. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Dacey said:

This doesn't strike me as little at all. It's quite a big change... actually most of what's been proposed on this thread is a major change to the story course

I was about to post the exact same thing! The examples posted here are all major game changers IMO.

4 minutes ago, Lady Dacey said:

Agreed.

I wish Alyn-who-wanted-to-be-a-knight hadn't died, and Mikken too. I liked Mikken so much. It was terrible to see him die on page. 

Oh yes, wholeheartedly agree. :(

15 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

Ned should not had trusted a dude who fought a duel for a right to marry his wife.

Good one! Also, that Lady Catelyn had not trusted a man who had been beaten within an inch of his life, shamed, and sent hom in disgrace over her ... with little sympathy from her at the time. Later, when Tyrion told her how Baelish repeated over and over, all through King's Landing  the story of how he'd taken Cat's maidenhead, both soiling her and cheating her Stark husband, that she'd had the wit to send a bird to Ned in King's Landing to warn him.

I wish Arya had stuck with Sandor until the Elder Brother happened by. It might just have been a matter of hours or less than a day. She could have left, guiltless, knowing he'd be in good hands while she herself was now free.

Mace Tyrell spoke up. "Is there anything as pointless as a king without a kingdom? No, it's plain, the boy must abandon the riverlands, join his forces to Roose Bolton's once more, and throw all his strength against Moat Cailin. That is what I would do."

Tyrion had to bite his tongue at that. Robb Stark had won more battles in a year than the Lord of Highgarden had in twenty.

I wish Tyrion didnt bite his tongue

All the "little things" I wish hadn't happened seem big to me.   I wish Maester Luwen had survived.  I wish Jon sent someone better than stupid Daeron with Sam.  I wish Ned got a broken leg before he left Winterfell.  Melisandre hadn't got such a hold on Selyse.  Robert hadn't gone hunting the boar.  Sansa hadn't been so pig headed about staying in Kings Landing.  Jorah had come clean with Dany.  Theon hadn't gone to the Iron Islands.  Tyrion had left lousy Shae where he found her.   This list is nearly endless.  Those deaths of the good north folk we saw were good were all hard to read.  I think the number one worst small thing I hate and would change is the chunk of Brienne's face being bitten off.   She deserves so much better.  

15 hours ago, James Steller said:

I’m not sure if this counts, but I really hope Rolland Storm survives to become legitimized as Rolland Caron, Lord of Nightsong. He deserves it.

I think Rolland will get the lordship. Phillip Foote's blessing is built on a foundation that is rapidly deteriorating along the position of House Baratheon/Lannister of King's Landing.

Tyrion considered personally going to negotiate the Tyrell alliance instead of sending Littlefinger. He probably would've gotten just as screwed over, but Littlefinger wouldn't have gotten the Lord of Harrenhal title and have been in a position to marry Lysa Arryn and become Lord Paramount of the Vale. 

1 hour ago, norwaywolf123 said:

I think Rolland will get the lordship. Phillip Foote's blessing is built on a foundation that is rapidly deteriorating along the position of House Baratheon/Lannister of King's Landing.

Rolland might be dead, though. I can’t imagine Loras’ men would be very merciful after such a Pyrrhic victory. 

Archived