College Basketball 2020-2021: Battle in the Bubble

Rhom

15 hours ago, Rhom said:

That's only if you really believe Scott Drew has the number one team in the country.  :lol: 

It still fits if he has the #20 team in the country, and they're definitely good enough for that.  

I have little hope that this will be a full, undisrupted season.  March just fucking broke me.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

With Ayo Dosunmu and Kofi leading the way, this Illinois team has the experience and depth to make a deep run in the tournament.

Gotta say... I totally wish I could have a guy named Cockburn on my team.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Little something for @S John

it’s funny that in the Covid era even the snappiest of dressers are like ... alright fuck it. Something about the mask says - this is as dressed up as I get. Bob looked just the same as always tonight, so let’s call him prescient. :lol:

8 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Does it have anything to do with the fact that you just played Morehead?

You could probably get Cockburn either way.  More likely at a bigger state school like Illinois though.

19 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I really like what I've seen of our team this year - full on embracing of modern basketball.  I do so miss Azubuike's defense though.  I think there might be a game tomorrow, should probably check.

Not gonna lie... I’m jealous.  All summer, all the Kentucky talk was about how Cal spent the summer watching the NBA Bubble and how the former Cats were being used.  All the talk was about how he was going to be adopting some new concepts.  

Then we come out against Richmond and hit zero threes and have no assists in the second half.  :bang:

So anyways... REG... bring it on! :box:

Just got done working out and fired up game one.  Immediately fast forwarded to the end of the first half; looks like MSU was starting to get control of the game.  Still don't understand why they're playing in Durham...

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Not gonna lie... I’m jealous.  All summer, all the Kentucky talk was about how Cal spent the summer watching the NBA Bubble and how the former Cats were being used.  All the talk was about how he was going to be adopting some new concepts.  

Blame the NCAA.  Their dragging out of their allegations has really hurt our recruiting, and we've had a significant lack of depth in the bigs department.  I'm sure we'll go back to old school basketball as soon as we can play two quality bigs together again.  I really hope it's long enough from now before that happens that Self has learned the value of 4 out 1 in (or even 5 out as I'm sure we'll have to play at times this year).

6 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Still don't understand why they're playing in Durham...

Dunno.  But the fact they don’t have to wait between games may mean we get tip-off in a decent timeframe!!!

Archived