College Basketball 2020-2021: Battle in the Bubble

Rhom

15 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

He's too old for us.  We like to get them early, and keep them long term.  Plus, I don't think we would take your sloppy seconds.  One of our guards (Braun) was taking a 3 right by the coach's box, and Drew pulled down his mask and shouted trying to throw off the shot.  It didn't work, but god, what a douchey thing for a 50 year old head coach to do.

During our Monday night game, they mentioned that this week was the first time both Duke and UNC were not in the top 25 since 1982.  That's pretty amazing, and I wonder how far back that would extend if UK was factored in as well?  It was Bilas talking about it so of course he only cared about those two schools.

We might be joining the other unranked blue bloods very soon.  We have a gimme against KSU on Tuesday, but at WVU next Saturday is almost assuredly a loss.  Seems like we've been regressing from the start of the season, and Jalen Wilson has definitely not kept up with his hot start to the year.  Disappointing that we'll fall out of the ranking not too long after breaking the streak.

7 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

We might be joining the other unranked blue bloods very soon.  We have a gimme against KSU on Tuesday, but at WVU next Saturday is almost assuredly a loss.  Seems like we've been regressing from the start of the season, and Jalen Wilson has definitely not kept up with his hot start to the year.  Disappointing that we'll fall out of the ranking not too long after breaking the streak.

It would be interesting to see how long since all four haven’t been ranked.

1930s???

I feel bad for Steve Prohm.  Loved him at Murray State and was sort of keeping my fingers crossed that he would be good enough at Iowa State to get a look at the big chair in Lexington when Cal hangs it up... but he’s been on the hot seat with fans in Ames as it is, and a 39 point beat down to a bad Mississippi State team will definitely move him towards the unemployment line at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Pleasantly surprised at Michigans play yesterday. Were off for almost three weeks and beat Wisconsin on the road after a sluggish first half.

I think Howard is doing a great job there.   He's everything Memphis thought they'd be getting with Penny.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

I think Howard is doing a great job there.   He's everything Memphis thought they'd be getting with Penny.

Agree. I was not happy when Belein left for Cleveland but now I think UM's upside is actually better. Belein did great and got the team back to a level where they could compete and make the final four but Howard seems to have a little better recruiting and is getting just as much out of the recruits. 

Archived