College Basketball 2020-2021: Battle in the Bubble

Rhom

59 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Watching the UofL v Duke game last night; “It’s a shame they can’t both lose...”

Boys... I’m here to tell you; God still answers prayers.

Cuz you were afraid they'd get their stuff together and make a deep run, right?  No?  oh.

In small time game, The UHA Hawks have their first chance to dance in school history - Saturday morning at 11am.  They were supposed to play in the finals last year but it got cancelled, further than even Vin Baker took them.

As of tonight’s KU win.

@RedEyedGhost don’t think I have forgotten a decade ago when you told me about the Kansas fans posting on message boards that they actually hit 2000 wins first because they anticipated vacating wins under Cal. ;)

So now Virginia and Kansas are out of their respective conference tournaments due to positive covid tests. 

I don't think it was worth the risk to play conference tournaments this close to the NCAA tournament while we're still in a pandemic. They should've just have the regular season champions get the automatic qualifier to the big dance.

4 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I don't think it was worth the risk to play conference tournaments this close to the NCAA tournament while we're still in a pandemic. They should've just have the regular season champions get the automatic qualifier to the big dance.

:agree:

4 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

You can't stop the Cockburn, you can only hope to contain it.

Penicillin or Zithromax should do the trick.

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

Learned that the hard way.

Hope that was before you got married!

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Penicillin or Zithromax should do the trick.

Hope that was before you got married!

College was a rough time for a lot of us.

Well... misery loves company, so there’s nothing quite like watching Uof L fans have to listen to the Kentucky AD explain why they didn’t make the tourney. :lol: 

And there’s also this:

:lmao: 

After as poorly as we were playing mid-year, I'm very happy with a 3 seed.  I know they say it every year, but this year anybody truly could win.  I also have zero expectations for anybody, because this year is just stupid.

IU giving Archie the boot... the fact his brother lasted longer at Arizona is laughable.

Also gonna be interesting to see who IU realistically thinks they can land.

Nate Oats is about to get a huge pay raise...

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

Legit LOL

You’d have to be in your early 40s to remember when they last won the NCAA tournament. I’m 36 so I was technically alive at the time, but Indiana hasn’t been a consistent power in my lifetime. As a fan of a team who hasn’t won a title in either major sport it always blows my mind what even a single national title can do for your reputation. People putting you on top 5 programs list 30+ years later after your last one. Hardware is a powerful thing.

44 minutes ago, S John said:

You’d have to be in your early 40s to remember when they last won the NCAA tournament. I’m 36 so I was technically alive at the time, but Indiana hasn’t been a consistent power in my lifetime. As a fan of a team who hasn’t won a title in either major sport it always blows my mind what even a single national title can do for your reputation. People putting you on top 5 programs list 30+ years later after your last one. Hardware is a powerful thing.

Reality isn’t something Hoosier fans are familiar with.  The school is one more bad hire away from being DePaul.

It's funny because in this area Indiana hasn't been feared in a long long time. I do remember them being a power when Knight was there and still being good after him but for the last 20+ years they haven't been very relevant. 

So of course my expectations for Michigan have taken a bit of a hit since they lost Livers. I can still see them making 8 or squeaking into the final four with some major effort.

Archived