College Basketball 2020-2021: Battle in the Bubble

Rhom

They should just go to quarters, and I'm not sure why that's not on the table.  They're probably worried about having to restructure advertising prices/time.  I would like to see the lane widened, but it seems like that has been shot down year after year for more than a decade.  The opting out of FTs in the final two minutes is very intriguing as well (but I definitely can't see that happening any time soon).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mexal said:

I hate everything about today's system and it's only getting worse.

You and me both.  This offseason with all of the transfers has my level of interest in next season plummeting.  Hopefully the free pass transfers will be nixed after this year.

12 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

You and me both.  This offseason with all of the transfers has my level of interest in next season plummeting.  Hopefully the free pass transfers will be nixed after this year.

I think I’m okay with a one time free transfer. (At the very least it would solve the problem of the NCAA’s nonsensical approach to approving waivers.)  My hope would be that this is an outlier as a first time blanket transfer and it will normalize from here out.

Coach K to begin farewell lovefest.  After talking to such notable head coaches as Tommy Ammaker... Duke appears to be settling in for Jon Scheyer.  :dunno:

So now UNC and Duke have both replaced legends with in house assistants with a collective zero years of head coaching experience between them.  The dearth of coaching talent in college basketball is real.

I will punch any Kentucky fan stupid enough to say Cal needs to go squarely in the nuts. 

21 hours ago, Rhom said:

Coach K to begin farewell lovefest.  After talking to such notable head coaches as Tommy Ammaker... Duke appears to be settling in for Jon Scheyer.  :dunno:

So now UNC and Duke have both replaced legends with in house assistants with a collective zero years of head coaching experience between them.  The dearth of coaching talent in college basketball is real.

I will punch any Kentucky fan stupid enough to say Cal needs to go squarely in the nuts. 

Yeah, it is going to be very weird seeing someone other than the rat on the sideline at Duke.  I would have liked to have seen him step down a few years ago, I think to some extent the game did pass him by.  The choice to replace...yep...might be a bit before Duke gets back into anything looking like a top 25 program.

Can we not refer to Coach K as a rat?  It makes me very uncomfortable given the history of comparing jews to rats.  Yes, I know you're talking about an individual, but still, it's gross. 

On 6/3/2021 at 7:43 PM, Maithanet said:

Can we not refer to Coach K as a rat?  It makes me very uncomfortable given the history of comparing jews to rats.  Yes, I know you're talking about an individual, but still, it's gross. 

Isn't Coach K Polish Catholic? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived