College Basketball 2020-2021: Battle in the Bubble

Rhom

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I can’t be the only one that thinks “Timmeh!!!!” in a South Park voice anytime that Timme does something in this game, can I?

We all are.

I kind of expected this start. Baylor crushed a better opponent and the Zags have to be spent both physically and emotionally. Didn't think it would be this bad though. 

Yea I want Baylor to win because I win money if they win, but 10 at the half is nothing. When WVU is down 10 I don’t worry about it unless it’s under 4 minutes. After the beating the Zags took early they are very much still in it.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

I can’t be the only one that thinks “Timmeh!!!!” in a South Park voice anytime that Timme does something in this game, can I?

Yeah think everyone familiar with South Park hears the same thing in their head.

Baylor's looking pretty good here particularly near the rim.

Between Few’s 22 years and Drew’s 18; that is 40 years and just one title to show for it.

What I got out of last night is further confirmation of what I already knew: Winning a title is hard.

Maybe Gonzaga was still gassed from Saturday. That’s part of the difficulty. You get pushed in one round and the next becomes harder. (Also why they wouldn’t have been undefeated in a major conference.)

Some fans would tell you nothing but the “chip” matters.  (I hate that slang...) Winning titles is important. But there’s a reason UK hangs Final Four banners too. Being the best in the country year in and year out is roughly enough to get you to the Elite 8. But to get beyond that requires some combination of being a generationally talented team and/or luck.

13 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Pfft.. long time man :cheers:. And no  Big East love? Maybe West Virginia will move to the Big10 when the next TV deal is up.

Edit: whoops 

No kidding! Hope you’re doing well.

I mean I definitely enjoyed Big East basketball, and do still watch it sometimes, but with Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville gone also and the conference being mostly made up of small catholic schools WVU might be an even bigger outlier in the current Big East than the Big 12, geography notwithstanding.

And I do enjoy Big 12 basketball in its own right. The home and home every season (except Covid seasons) with every other team is great. Can’t duck anyone and always a chance for redemption if you lose the first one.

• 2 weeks later...

Kentucky Freshman Terrence Clarke died in a car accident in LA tonight.  Fellow freshman BJ Boston was in the car behind him and first on the scene.

He was 19.

Hold your people close folks. :grouphug: 

Archived