College Basketball 2020-2021: Battle in the Bubble

Rhom

33 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Your shitty 3pt shooting has infected our players!!

Not shitty enough though. :( 

We are so bad, they didn’t even show a replay of our last sequence. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Not shitty enough though. :( 

Right after I typed that Jalen sunk his two back to back 3s. 

Ugly, ugly game.  But that's usually because both teams have played good defense, and I think that is mostly the case here too (not that we made you shoot poorly from 3 though).

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

The Fightin @S Johns are giving the Zags all they can handle!

Hated to see the Suggs injury

He came back! It was a good game, foul trouble killed us. When I saw the Zags play Kansas I though there was a chance we would get blown out by them. They just looked so smooth. They did at times tonight, especially that nembhard kid, but we were clearly able to disrupt them and I am pleased to see that. Considering that is the #1 team and probably deserves it, I can’t be too displeased. If we play then again in the tournament I won’t think it’s insurmountable, we nearly had them this time.

We are still such a shaky shooting team, it just feels unbearably choppy watching us and then you look up at the end of the game and we’ve got 80 points. So still room for improvement but this is a good team and better than last year. I think our lineups still need a little tweaking and games like tonight show who should be seeing the floor. We will probably have our ups and downs in conference but if we are hitting our stride in March, as huggy often has us doing, I see this as a team that basically nobody will want to see in their bracket. 

I'm bummed out.  My watch just popped up a reminder that I'm supposed to be on a flight to London to watch Kentucky play Michigan... :( 

Small consolation, Gonzaga vs Baylor this weekend.  Saturday at 1.  If the Zags get past this game, they'll likely enter the tourney undefeated.

39 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Good job Marquette. 

Makes me wonder what life could have been if I ditched my college sweetheart for a girl who just got accepted to Marquette's law school and was flittering with me all the time. 

Ahhhh what if...

Spend your life eating cheese curds and snow mobile riding in the North Woods.

I wish UK had cancelled yesterday... :stillsick:

Also on COVID related UK stuff; I got a notification on my watch last Thursday reminding me I was supposed to be on a flight to London to watch UK v Michigan. :( 

Archived