Pictionary 51 - New Beginnings - THE REVEAL !!

Jez Bell

Thanks to the hostess with the mostest.

I also was impressed by @Yet another Arya ! 's artwork the pictionary crew having a picnic was my favourite.

Also @Pebble thats Stubby I especially liked the dancer I had to describe. Your drawing of Blackbear's flat earth sentence was so accurate I could have practically reproduced his sentence (although I thought the magazine might be an atlas, I could see it might be a picture of the flat world on the cover) but I decided to move things along. I got most of the individual pictures in the last one but missed the overall theme of book vs HBO which I now think is obvious.

@The BlackBear's psychedelic brains must also be mentioned.

everyone was very creative and I am surprised as usual by the chains

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

Thanks to the hostess with the mostest.

I also was impressed by @Yet another Arya ! 's artwork the pictionary crew having a picnic was my favourite.

Also @Pebble thats Stubby I especially liked the dancer I had to describe. Your drawing of Blackbear's flat earth sentence was so accurate I could have practically reproduced his sentence (although I thought the magazine might be an atlas, I could see it might be a picture of the flat world on the cover) but I decided to move things along. I got most of the individual pictures in the last one but missed the overall theme of book vs HBO which I now think is obvious.

@The BlackBear's psychedelic brains must also be mentioned.

everyone was very creative and I am surprised as usual by the chains

That was not just any Young aristocratic black lady with interesting facial art.  This is a real (fictional ok) person.  I'm rather sad you didn't work out who it was.   I'm also sad its the only Young aristocratic black lady in popular culture I could think of to draw, but that is another mater entirely.    Maybe if you zoom in you will be able to recognise her?

https://i.imgur.com/M3jCU7b.png

As to the final sentence there was nothing about Book V Show in the sentence I described so that theme was not something I drew for you to recognise.

I've not had time to look at all the pics yet,  just read the chain descriptions.

47 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

That was not just any Young aristocratic black lady with interesting facial art.  This is a real (fictional ok) person.  I'm rather sad you didn't work out who it was.   I'm also sad its the only Young aristocratic black lady in popular culture I could think of to draw, but that is another mater entirely.    Maybe if you zoom in you will be able to recognise her?

https://i.imgur.com/M3jCU7b.png

This may be a shock - I know nothing about contemporary popular culture especially geek culture. ASOIF is my only obsession. She reminded me of Lt Uhura from Stark Trek but seemed to have a diamond pendent hanging from her nose as well as facial tattoos/scarring.

The other picture looked like a choice between two things and I did see that some of the pictures came from HBO not from the books so it might have occurred to me that that was the choice. I liked figuring out the pictures.

2 minutes ago, Castellan said:

This may be a shock - I know nothing about contemporary popular culture especially geek culture. ASOIF is my only obsession. She reminded me of Lt Uhura from Stark Trek but seemed to have a diamond pendent hanging from her nose as well as facial tattoos/scarring.

The other picture looked like a choice between two things and I did see that some of the pictures came from HBO not from the books so it might have occurred to me that that was the choice. I liked figuring out the pictures.

Its easier to draw show style people than book style people and be recognisable.  

Its ok I just put a lot of work in making the lady look like a certain person, I had high hopes for where the chain would go.  If you are not familiar then you won't know.   However I will be extremely disappointed if no-one gets it.

btw  its a lot more modern than Original series Star Trek.    (well this version,   not sure when the character was originally created)

22 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

btw  its a lot more modern than Original series Star Trek.    (well this version,   not sure when the character was originally created)

I expect most things would be!

OK, I guess it was the Black Panther. It crossed my mind but I haven't seen the film (or anything else) and the top knot threw me. I just googled and see a certain necklace like the one in your picture. And another with facial scars. How come they are not in all the pictures, are they acquired in the course of the story?

Was this a tribute the actor who recently died?

Oh this is so good!

I love the evolution of my scalded cat! Especially Rhae's picture of my description and how The Blackbear and Castellan made him a scientist, so lovely pictures!!!

Laughter's chain is amazing, @Yet another Arya ! 's picture is so beautiful!!!

oh team you all did an amazing job everywhere.......

27 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I expect most things would be!

OK, I guess it was the Black Panther. It crossed my mind but I haven't seen the film (or anything else) and the top knot threw me. I just googled and see a certain necklace like the one in your picture. And another with facial scars. How come they are not in all the pictures, are they acquired in the course of the story?

Was this a tribute the actor who recently died?

Kinda tribute.  although Chadwick is the Black Panther character.   I drew Suri his sister  https://financerewind.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/1j1FXqqI6l3PM610E2Sn-696x392.jpg     who is rumoured 

to be the New Black Panther

when they make the next film.

Wakanda forever!

also its make up not scars.  the necklace is what the black panther suit is stored in?      There are several aristocratic Black ladies in that film and associated avengers, but Suri is the obvious Young one.     if you look carefully I made sure to give her a female Marvel Pose while dancing.  And her sleeping position is not an accident.

Archived