Matthew Stover

Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

3 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

The Caine books have by far been one of my favorite series of all time.. Shatterpoint and RTOS were also fantastic SW novels. Is Stover writing anything new at all these days? His last book was published in 2012. Really craving for some Caine right now!  

I believe he's been working on various projects but not sold anything. I think he also got burned in the Star Wars Disney takeover, as that cancelled a new series he was working on in the EU.

I do know he had a Caine sequel series focused on his daughter in the planning stages.

1 hour ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Haha i always imagined Caine to be played by someone like Christian Bale or Micharl Fassbender. Someone who can project strength but also be darkly sarcastic, flawed , cynical etc. (minus the indian origins of the character of course)

Look up Aamir Khan, the man could nail Caine in a heartbeat. (I love Momoa, but Khan is probably the best ideal casting.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/10/2020 at 6:58 PM, larrytheimp said:

***takes bong hit***

Imagine if Tom Cruise played Caine in a movie

I think Tom Cruise would honestly be perfect.  He's pretty much who I always pictured in my head, except more grizzled than he sometimes is.

I think Jeremy Rennor would also be bang on.

I think Tom Cruise would be a terrible choice for Caine.  Caine needs the swagger of a movie star while retaining an everyman feel, that's a big part of his appeal onscreen.  That is not Tom Cruise, he's always so handsome/confident he doesn't seem real. 

Archived