How long will it take you to read TWOW?

butterweedstrover

20 hours ago, butterweedstrover said:

I'm pretty confident the book is in editing after reading the reddit post,

About this... the person who wrote that makes some good points (Vic and Arya), but the one thing they didn't take into account is that Martin doesn't write the chapters in the order that they'll appear in the novel. So the argument that since he's recently written a Vic chapter and Arya still in Braavos doesn't really mean he's just editing. It could very well be that that's the order in which he's writing. 

20 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

About this... the person who wrote that makes some good points (Vic and Arya), but the one thing they didn't take into account is that Martin doesn't write the chapters in the order that they'll appear in the novel. So the argument that since he's recently written a Vic chapter and Arya still in Braavos doesn't really mean he's just editing. It could very well be that that's the order in which he's writing. 

There is a chance the OP in that thread is wrong, but he addressed that point by saying Martin used the word "complete" for each of those chapters and the only time he says he completes a chapter is when its edited and done (ex: when he was writing ADWD). 

I don't think It'd take me more than a week, if it's really long, tho my worktime fluctuates a lot from week to week (filmaking it's a bitch) and maybe I won't be able to read it until a week or two after it comes out. I definitely won't check the forums unitl I'm finnished with my second reading (which will quickly follow the first one and take a lot more time). And I will reread the previous books a few weeks before it comes out.

Archived