Dragonsteel

Daeron the Daring

19 hours ago, HerblYY said:

We don't know if Valyrians are fire resistant, Daenerys was when he hatched the 3 dragons and rode Drogon, but that's all. All we know is that they aren't that sensitive for heat, they are  kind of immune to any sickness (the only Targs to ever die of illness is princess Daenerys, daughter of Jaehaerys and Alysanne, at age 8, king Daeron II and the two sons os Baelor Breakspear, but these were caused by epidemic, not by simply getting sick)

That's fair enough, but swords are resistant to common fire.  I am hoping we get more on the peculiarities of Dawn in books to come.  

9 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

That's fair enough, but swords are resistant to common fire.  I am hoping we get more on the peculiarities of Dawn in books to come.  

You are right about the swords, and we've got a few Daynes in the story, so whoknows

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 2:30 AM, HerblYY said:

As it is written down in a book from the library at the Wall, dragonsteel can kill the white walkers.

But what is dragonsteel? 

Sam and Jon suggests that it's valyrian steel, but I have a better answer(maybe).

Dragonsteel isn't just valyrian steel, valyrian steel must be a type of dragonsteel. We know that valyrian steel is lighter, yet stronger than other steels, and it's dark smoaky grey, almost black.

Now, there is another sword with the same abilities as VS swords, only difference is their colour, and it's Dawn. Could Dawn be made by a different type of dragonsteel? The only difference between any VS sword and Dawn is the colour(Dawn is light grey, almost white, just as VS is almost black), and their origin, if it is to be believed that it was forged from the materials of that meteor.

Any suggestions?

In my opinion dragonsteel and Valyrian steel are the same thing. The discrepancy in the names is most likely a translation error(as we have seen elsewhere in the books regarding a certain prophecy and the Valyrian language) or a simple case of historical appropriation, the Valyrians took a preexisting tech and named it after themselves. 

Archived