What Are You Baking?

kairparavel

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

When you say gingerbread do you mean the biscuits/cookies (of the run run run as fast as you can variety) or the cake? I like both but the cake is my favourite, especially drizzled with a lemon icing. 

All of it!  We've got cookies and we've got cake!  And I found this ice cream treat which seems to be a combo of both...it's like a cookie gingerbread man but its more cake texture with cinnamon ice cream in between!  We are in gingerbread heaven here.  Did you get any gingerbread this season?

4 minutes ago, lady narcissa said:

All of it!  We've got cookies and we've got cake!  And I found this ice cream treat which seems to be a combo of both...it's like a cookie gingerbread man but its more cake texture with cinnamon ice cream in between!  We are in gingerbread heaven here.  Did you get any gingerbread this season?

That sounds delicious!

I haven't got any gingerbread biscuits but reading your post inspired me to venture out to the shops for treacle to make a gingerbread loaf. Its currently cooling and giving my flat the most wonderful smell. I know you aren't a Baker yourself but half of the joy myself comes from the smell when making it. All those spices and goodness...

On 12/26/2020 at 12:18 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I haven't got any gingerbread biscuits but reading your post inspired me to venture out to the shops for treacle to make a gingerbread loaf. Its currently cooling and giving my flat the most wonderful smell. I know you aren't a Baker yourself but half of the joy myself comes from the smell when making it. All those spices and goodness...

That sounds lovely!  I hope it was as tasted as good as it smelled.  I do love the smell of gingerbread, it's probably what I missed most about the Christmas markets this year.  Walking through and smelling that smell which is to me the smell of Christmas.  I appreciate everything about baking except doing it myself and I'm very glad to know so many bakers and to benefit from their enjoyment of it.  My yoga instructor was joyfully looking forward to getting up on Christmas eve to make the family Irish soda bread recipe for the whole family.  The secret she told me was sifting the flour 6 times.  6 times?!  Yikes!  I'm so happy she is willing to do that.  I would happily eat it!

5 hours ago, lady narcissa said:

That sounds lovely!  I hope it was as tasted as good as it smelled.  I do love the smell of gingerbread, it's probably what I missed most about the Christmas markets this year.  Walking through and smelling that smell which is to me the smell of Christmas.  I appreciate everything about baking except doing it myself and I'm very glad to know so many bakers and to benefit from their enjoyment of it.  My yoga instructor was joyfully looking forward to getting up on Christmas eve to make the family Irish soda bread recipe for the whole family.  The secret she told me was sifting the flour 6 times.  6 times?!  Yikes!  I'm so happy she is willing to do that.  I would happily eat it!

6 times? That even sounds excessive to me :lol: I guess theres good reason my favourite candles are always the baked goods varieties though

5 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

My friends add pepper to their gingerbread cookies, have you guys tried that?

Ooh, i have actually, but that’s a great tip! I don’t know where i first heard/read the tip but i add it too all my gingerbread and other spice cakes and biscuits now. You don’t so much taste the black pepper itself as get that warmth/heat from it

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2020 at 10:05 PM, kairparavel said:

In healthier baking I've been making Super Hero Muffins from the Run Fast, Eat Slow cookbook. I do neither of these things but the muffins are great on weekday mornings when I don't feel up to oatmeal. 

These muffins are SO good. Made another batch this weekend because I was about finished with my stash of these muffins.

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/269494/low-carb-blueberry-muffins/

Either with some Greek yogurt keeps me going all morning, more or less.

Archived