The Agenda and Identities of the Faceless Men.

TheLastWolf

20 hours ago, HerblYY said:

Jaqen H'ghar is an identity taken by our Westerosi FM,

Gerion.....

he's acting to his charachter, he doesn't have that kind of accent,

faking as I said.

as we've seen with the Alchemyst or with Pate.

Hmm

It is likely the Kindly Man knows who he is.

Okie Dokie

The other thing about Valyria: There were hundreds and thousands of Valyrian houses,

(mouth agape in shock) (jaw on the floor)

and it is said that there were dragonriders during and after the Doom in Volantis, Lys an Tyrosh,(2-3 in each cityes), but they got killed off(the dragonriders, if I'm correct, not the dragons).

First time I've heard something like this. The whole quoted text. And where are/were the surviving dragons? Eggs?

And my whole point was that the Braavosi hate the dragonlord Valyrians for the past slavery. The End.

7 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Gerion.....

faking as I said.

Hmm

Okie Dokie

(mouth agape in shock) (jaw on the floor)

First time I've heard something like this. The whole quoted text. And where are/were the surviving dragons? Eggs?

And my whole point was that the Braavosi hate the dragonlord Valyrians for the past slavery. The End.

It is written down in the AWOIAF: "What followed in the sudden vacuum was chaos. The dragonlords had been gathered in Valyria as was their wont … except for Aenar Targaryen, his children, and his dragons, who had fled to Dragonstone and so escaped the Doom. Some accounts claim that a few others survived, too … for a time. It is said that some Valyrian dragonlords in Tyrosh and Lys were spared, but that in the immediate political upheaval following the Doom, they and their dragons were killed by the citizens of those Free Cities. The histories of Qohor likewise claim that a visiting dragonlord, Aurion, raised forces from the Qohorik colonists and proclaimed himself the first Emperor of Valyria. He flew away on the back of his great dragon, with thirty thousand men following behind afoot, to lay claim to what remained of Valyria and to reestablish the Freehold. But neither Emperor Aurion nor his host were ever seen again.

The time of the dragons in Essos was at an end." 

Also, what happened to Silverwing? He was almost 100 year old at the end of the Dance, an the only thing we know is that she became a wild dragon. What happened to Sheepstealer? What happened to the Cannibal? We don't know (yet). Those dragons in the free cities(I was wrong about Volantis, but i was right about Tyrosh and Lys) maybe went wild after some people tried to claim them. It is called The Century of the Blood for a reason("full of chaos"). Back to Westeros, the only thing we know is that Silverwing and Sheepstealer had the chance to live 100-120 more years if nothing harms them, yet we have no more resources about them (maybe F&B2).

House Targaryen didn't practice slavery for 300 or more years, Dany is especially against it. You see my point?

The faceless men is a caricature of religions.  Imagine the devout so dedicated and completely crazy.  They make offerings to their gods by murdering as many people as they can.  It's madness to embrace death.  But religious beliefs can turn the common sense switch of the brain to the off position.  

• 2 weeks later...

Daario Naharis = Handsome one??? 

We just know he's still a prisoner of the Anti-Dany team in Slaver's bay. But is it true? Has he escaped? Or has he left a decoy? He loves his two girls (blades) too much so he will return if he's gone. 

And what about that BS about Penny being a FM? Are Groat and Hop bean the same then? Are they really dead? 

Arya meets the Kindly Man:

A Feast for Crows - Arya I

"Let us see." The priest lowered his cowl. Beneath he had no face; only a yellowed skull with a few scraps of skin still clinging to the cheeks, and a white worm wriggling from one empty eye socket. "Kiss me, child," he croaked, in a voice as dry and husky as a death rattle.

Bran meets Bloodraven:

A Dance with Dragons - Bran II

His body was so skeletal and his clothes so rotted that at first Bran took him for another corpse, a dead man propped up so long that the roots had grown over him, under him, and through him. What skin the corpse lord showed was white, save for a bloody blotch that crept up his neck onto his cheek. His white hair was fine and thin as root hair and long enough to brush against the earthen floor. Roots coiled around his legs like wooden serpents. One burrowed through his breeches into the desiccated flesh of his thigh, to emerge again from his shoulder. A spray of dark red leaves sprouted from his skull, and grey mushrooms spotted his brow. A little skin remained, stretched across his face, tight and hard as white leather, but even that was fraying, and here and there the brown and yellow bone beneath was poking through.

"Are you the three-eyed crow?" Bran heard himself say. A three-eyed crow should have three eyes. He has only one, and that one red. Bran could feel the eye staring at him, shining like a pool of blood in the torchlight. Where his other eye should have been, a thin white root grew from an empty socket, down his cheek, and into his neck.

It seems to me that the Kindly Man is taking the appearance of Bloodraven.  Instead or a tree root; he has a grave worm crawling through his empty eye socket. Both have the appearance of skulls with patches of skin over yellowed bone.  Bran and Arya seem to be apprenticed to the same creature in different forms; a greenseer and a faceless man.  Add Jon as the apprentice Lord Commander and it's another dragon with three heads.

The Black Gate with a white ghost face is another face hung on a wall.  Coldhands makes Sam take an oath three times in payment for the lives Coldhands has saved; the life for death transaction of the FM.

The Faceless Men serve all gods including 'him of fire':

A Clash of Kings - Arya IX

"A man's sire is long dead, but did he live, and did you know his name, he would die at your command."

"Swear it," Arya said. "Swear it by the gods."

"By all the gods of sea and air, and even him of fire, I swear it." He placed a hand in the mouth of the weirwood. "By the seven new gods and the old gods beyond count, I swear it."

Jaqen takes this oath at Harrenhal, a short distance from the God's Eye; where the weirwoods were given a face as part of the Pact between the old gods and the first men. Of the seven new gods; the FM take the form of the Stranger.  They cannot kill someone they know or someone who's name they know.

While I do agree that Iron Bank is a front operation for the FM; their connection to the gods and the balance between life and death is their raison d'etre.

What I believe:

The Sealord, Iron Bank, and the Faceless Men are separate entities, with separate memberships, leadership, and goals.  They often assist one another, work for each other, and probably coordinate activities from time to time.  But they are separate.  They are not fronts for one another, and don't share leadership, and certainly not secrets, but may have overlapping membership (especially since the Faceless Men's membership is secret)

I doubt anybody we know except Oldtown Pate is a Faceless Man in disguise. 

Specifically, the following are NOT Faceless Men:  Syrio Forel, Illyrio Mopatis, Lord Varys, Tycho Nestoris, and Petyr Baelish.  As for Gerion, Aegon, or Ashara Dayne, those are simply ridiculous.

They may have a sideline in gathering information, and could potentially be the equivalent of the Sealord's whisperers.  I suspect that that is what they have in mind for Arya.  Her training so far is the kind of thing you would give an undercover spy or detective, not an assassin, although there is some crossover.  She is no better at killing people now than she was when she arrived in Braavos.  She is a lot better at gathering and passing on information, though.  Plus, she would make a poor assassin (she has too much of a conscience and moral compass).

I think Jaqen is in Oldtown to get information on dragons.  I believe that he went to Brwaavos after leaving Harrenhal, passed on information about Arya then, and got instructions to go to Oldtown.  Timewise, it would be quite easy.  He was not involved in the assassination of Balon, though.  That was likely some other FM (I suspect there are enough to go around).

1 hour ago, butterweedstrover said:

Syrio Forel is dead and gone. Let the man rest. 

In the show, it's confirmed he's dead, since he doesn't appear in later seasons. But it's not confirmed in the books because we never hear confirmation from Ser Meryn that he is dead, and Arya left before the outcome of the fight is shown. Besides, remember what the Hound said: Any boy whore with a sword could beat three Meryn Trants.

Archived