What would happen if Sansa + Dontos were caught fleeing the Purple Wedding?

Lady_Qohor

What do you think would happen if Sansa and Dontos were caught fleeing the Red Keep and Kings Landing in the aftermath of the purple wedding and Joffrey's murder?

Sansa looks very guilty and would look even more so if Dontos knows that her hairnet is poisoned and spills. Cersei would be after her head but what would Tywin do? Does he put her on trial, execute her or exonerate her? Loads of people would think that she killed the king but she's also the 'key to the North' and Tywin's smart enough to know she's probably nothing more than a harmless pawn.

What about Littlefinger? If Dontos is captured alive then I'm guessing he'd spill everything about Littlefinger at the first wave of interegation. He seems to know enough to incriminate Littlefinger but obviously doesn't know everything. Littlefinger is safe in a ship off shore at this point but Tywin's definitely going to want to at least talk to him. Does Baelish risk coming back to Kings Landing to try and talk his way out things or does he become a fugitive of the crown?

22 minutes ago, Lady_Qohor said:

What do you think would happen if Sansa and Dontos were caught fleeing the Red Keep and Kings Landing in the aftermath of the purple wedding and Joffrey's murder?

Sansa looks very guilty and would look even more so if Dontos knows that her hairnet is poisoned and spills. Cersei would be after her head but what would Tywin do? Does he put her on trial, execute her or exonerate her? Loads of people would think that she killed the king but she's also the 'key to the North' and Tywin's smart enough to know she's probably nothing more than a harmless pawn.

What about Littlefinger? If Dontos is captured alive then I'm guessing he'd spill everything about Littlefinger at the first wave of interegation. He seems to know enough to incriminate Littlefinger but obviously doesn't know everything. Littlefinger is safe in a ship off shore at this point but Tywin's definitely going to want to at least talk to him. Does Baelish risk coming back to Kings Landing to try and talk his way out things or does he become a fugitive of the crown?

I think Sansa would get the Edmure treatment: become a prisoner until she gives Tyrion a son, then she would be executed.

I doubt that Tywin will openly accuse Baelish with only a drunk's word as evidence while LF is known to have a lot of allies and mostly have control of The Vale. I think probably LF will keep to The Vale and try to wisk Sansa away in some way, so his plans won't change, they'd be posponed and get more difficult.

Both of them would look very guilty indeed.  They will lose their heads to the axeman.  And then the mean little boys of Flea Bottom will be playing bowling with their heads.  Thank the lord Sansa didn't inherit the long face of the Starks.  At least Sansa will roll in a straight line.   

15 hours ago, Ser Leftwich said:

What happened was that you would have been reading a fanfic.

you can read anything in fanfiction, literally anything. I once read this story about Tommen being the eldest and he was alright. Me thinks that fanfiction writer don't understand joffrey in the slightest. 

On 9/10/2020 at 7:00 AM, Lady_Qohor said:

IF they were captured littlefinger would have sent more men and freed them so the story would continue as written 

8 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

I second that. But Rest in Hell would be better for her. Snobby obnoxious bitch. If she hadn't run to Cersei with that news from Ned... 

Dude... she's a teenage girl, and she was in love. Teenagers are stupid. Every single one of them. Love in general makes you blind to some flaws, and that particular brand of toxic love Sansa had for Joffrey makes you even more stupid. Ned didn't explain to him what was the plan, she just thought that her father was forbidding her from being with her love. I think most people in her situation would do what she did, specially given how much she loves the southerner way of life and doesn't feel like a northener.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:00 AM, Lady_Qohor said:

Then the whole plan would have gone tits up, Sansa, Dontos and Lady Olenna would be arrested. Littlefinger, who is likely near the castle at this point, mostly likely at the docks or in the harbor, will get word of this and split for Braavos.

And because a Tyrell (or multiple Tyrells) has been arrested, the rose army and the lion army will start fighting in the streets, the alliance torn apart, one or the other will prevail (most likely the roses), but will be so weakened that the path is wide open for someone else (Aegon or Stannis) to sweep in and claim the iron throne.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:54 AM, Widowmaker 811 said:

Both of them would look very guilty indeed.  They will lose their heads to the axeman.  And then the mean little boys of Flea Bottom will be playing bowling with their heads.  Thank the lord Sansa didn't inherit the long face of the Starks.  At least Sansa will roll in a straight line.   

:D:D:D:D   Sansa has a slight wobble and rolls sharply to the left barely clipping the outside pins.  :rofl:

14 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

Dude... she's a teenage girl,

Never denied that. Just that she was snobby, and if that's the southern way....fuck the southern way. North is better in that regard. No false feelings in the name of courtesy. Bah

and she was in love.

Infatuation. Crush. What would she know of love? Knights and maidens in Disney fairytales from Old Nan and the singers are the cause.

Teenagers are stupid. Every single one of them.

I'm one too.:P And I accept it to a degree. Adults too are as stupid as we teens at times. Most times. Experience told me.

Love in general makes you blind to some flaws, and that particular brand of toxic love Sansa had for Joffrey makes you even more stupid.

It wasn't love. Infatuation. Crush. Nothing more. But I get the idea and agree with it. Sansa was stupid. End of story.

Ned didn't explain to him what was the plan, she just thought that her father was forbidding her from being with her love.

ok....

I think most people in her situation would do what she did, specially given how much she loves the southerner way of life and doesn't feel like a northener.

No way. Only obnoxious snobs like her would do that. Arya was younger yet more intelligent than her. Stupid stupid sansa.

8 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Never denied that. Just that she was snobby, and if that's the southern way....fuck the southern way. North is better in that regard. No false feelings in the name of courtesy. Bah

Infatuation. Crush. What would she know of love? Knights and maidens in Disney fairytales from Old Nan and the singers are the cause.

I'm one too.:P And I accept it to a degree. Adults too are as stupid as we teens at times. Most times. Experience told me.

It wasn't love. Infatuation. Crush. Nothing more. But I get the idea and agree with it. Sansa was stupid. End of story.

ok....

No way. Only obnoxious snobs like her would do that. Arya was younger yet more intelligent than her. Stupid stupid sansa.

Sure... but Arya wasn't in her situation, she never wanted to Stay in KL, and wasn't in love (I agree Sansa wasn't either, but she tought she was). But still, stupidity isn't a cause to "burn in hell". I'mnot saying she wasn't wrong, I'm just saying you seem to be angrier at her than she deserves.

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

But still, stupidity isn't a cause to "burn in hell".

It is, when the consequences were as serious in poor Sansa's case. 

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

I'm just saying you seem to be angrier at her than she deserves

For me, I can't be angry enough. Opinions differ. 

1 hour ago, TheLastWolf said:

It is, when the consequences were as serious in poor Sansa's case.

I'm always confused when people bring this up as if to imply Ned's death is Sansa's fault. Cersei was already well aware that the Starks were her enemy and that Ned wants Joffrey off the throne before Sansa came to her - Catelyn has kidnapped her brother, she probably has Littlefinger whispering in her ear and Ned straight up tells her that he knows the truth about her children and is going to tell Robert.

Sansa tells her nothing that she doesn't already know. This incident has no consequences because Cersei already knows Ned is working against her.

It has no affect on the plot and is just to show how naive and sheltered Sansa. Big surprise, she's the eleven year old daughter of a rich and powerful man,  who doesn't tell her anything for some reason (despite warning Arya how dangerous KL is, he seems to say nothing about this to Sansa.)

Ned's death is the result of him being too honourable for his own (and all the servants he brought with him) good.

Archived