Football: New Season, but same old Messi at Barca and elsewhere.

A Horse Named Stranger

Mostly good performances tonight, other than Neco Williams and Origi who were piss poor, and Elliott who was very very meh. Elliott's still young of course, but I'm not convinced he's improved a great deal since we've had him.

And Adrian is fucking dogshit. He gifts the opposition a free goal every other game. I'd rather we kept Karius as our backup.

Minamino edged Jones as MotM for me.

Liverpool’s U-23 team is very young.  In fact most them played U-18 last year so the manager was bumped from U-18 to U-23 this year for continuity (replacing a departing colleague).  And they struggled badly in their first two games against older, more developed players.

But they went out tonight and hammered Manchester United U-23s 5-3 away from home.

Some days the manager doesn’t need to give any motivating speeches.  I wonder if they were holding up six fingers to celebrate their goals.  Indoctrination starts young. 

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

If anything the players may have been too motivated! One of ours was sent off for an awful tackle, and one of theirs for retaliating.

I just watched it. Yeah, that's a proper trying to hurt someone challenge that. :lol:

Wan Bissaka had a pretty poor game today. I lost count of the number of times Brighton had an unmarked player on the far post on his side. March's equaliser was inevitable - Bruno should not have been in a position of covering the far post when we had 3 CBs on the pitch. This game also showcased just how terrible Solskjaer's in-game management is. He was a deer in the headlights and had no clue whatsoever on how to stem the tide. We relied on pure luck and got very very lucky.

3 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Wan Bissaka had a pretty poor game today. I lost count of the number of times Brighton had an unmarked player on the far post on his side.

There were instances where he coulda chosen better who to challenge but I don't think you can entirely blame him for this. Greenwood not being any kind of winger means he's not tracking back to help, Ole hasn't adjusted the formation to get someone out there to help, and Brighton clearly knew this and were taking advantage of it. Even AWB can't cover two players at once, if he steps out to cover one the ball goes in behind him, if he covers the runner they've got a gaping hole to play in front of him.

Archived