Watch, Watched, Watching: We Need This!

Ramsay B.

23 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

We're at episode 6 now and trust me, the titular Boys themselves just got interesting. Episode 5 they are still somewhat dull, but the supes remain great. Can really recommend 6 though. If the show keeps up this level I will sorely miss it when it ends.

I like his previous stuff, all the way back to the Pusher series, so I would like to give it a shot. Do you remember whether the story leaves off at a good place or is it a frustrating ending?

I mean, it can't be worse than the Neon Demon right? Right?

Trapcard activated! 

It was a pretty satisfying ending for me. It sets up something I would have gladly watched, but we don’t necessarily need to see for it to feel complete. 

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

We're at episode 6 now and trust me, the titular Boys themselves just got interesting. Episode 5 they are still somewhat dull, but the supes remain great. Can really recommend 6 though. If the show keeps up this level I will sorely miss it when it ends.

Yes, I do intend to get back to it when it ends. It's being released weekly which is okay but I kinda wanna binge rather than watch 1 episode at a time.

2 hours ago, Gigei said:

Yes, I do intend to get back to it when it ends. It's being released weekly which is okay but I kinda wanna binge rather than watch 1 episode at a time.

All power to you for waiting until it's finished. I really wanted to, but I didn't have what it took.  I'm still sure I would be more impressed if I did.

Though ... previous experience with what comes from comix is that no matter what They do in the first season(s) / episodes. these series do tend to devolve into less and mess in the later parts.  I hope not with this, but it feels like it may be going that way.  Alas.  I'll be glad to be wrong about that.

I watched The Invisible Man and it was solid. Elisabeth Moss has been good in everything I’ve seen her in, it’s too bad she’s in a cult.

Has anyone watched Antebellum yet? I’m curious to see if it’s as brutal as most of the reviews say it is.

I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix. I thought Millie Bobby Brown was good in the lead role and it's definitely a very different role to Eleven. I thought Henry Cavill was an acceptable Sherlock as well, although it's weird having Sherlock without a Watson. It was entertaining, but I thought the main mystery plot was a bit weak while the storyline about Enola's missing mother felt like it was leaving the resolution until a future film.

On 9/26/2020 at 7:12 PM, Gigei said:

Same here, waiting until all episodes have dropped, then plan to binge in a few sittings.

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I watched The Invisible Man and it was solid. Elisabeth Moss has been good in everything I’ve seen her in, it’s too bad she’s in a cult.

I've enjoyed her career since West Wing, which started when she was 17.  She's always seemed like she'd be a good recruiter or recruitee to a cult - or both.  The list of celebrity scientologists is long, but I think she may be the most talented among them.

I watched last nights episode of Lovecraft Country at a friend's house with that motion interpolation / soap opera effect on and it almost ruined the experience. Made what was already a weird episode seem so cheap. 

The thing is I think I'm in the wrong here, and it actually looks more like real life. I'm just so used to the cinematic look that it bugs me and well...reminds me of a soap opera. Twenty years from now this will probably be the norm and I'll be an old man yelling at clouds. 

6 hours ago, dbunting said:

Same here, waiting until all episodes have dropped, then plan to binge in a few sittings.

Yeah, I watched the new season of Umbrella Academy like that and it was awesome. I just feel like The Boys would also be better when I binge.

I started watching Guy Ritchie's the gentlemen. What a fucking disaster, after 15 minutes me and my wife looked at each other and said 'no more'. Charlie Hunnam does the absolute worst accents. Instead we watched the peanut butter falcon, Dakota Johnson is a very lovely woman to look at, and I'm pleased Shia must be on the mend now he is acting again. Film was ok for a monday night background watch. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I started watching Guy Ritchie's the gentlemen. What a fucking disaster, after 15 minutes me and my wife looked at each other and said 'no more'. Charlie Hunnam does the absolute worst accents. Instead we watched the peanut butter falcon, Dakota Johnson is a very lovely woman to look at, and I'm pleased Shia must be on the mend now he is acting again. Film was ok for a monday night background watch. 

I’m with you on this. The Gentleman was horrendous, or at least it started out that way, I had to turn it off after 20 minutes.  Only Guy Ritchie could think that it was a good storytelling method to have Hugh Grant explain everything that was going on for such a large amount of time ( I liked Grant though)

What irritated me most is that I imagine Ritchie sees himself as the titular character from the movie.

I also watched Peanut Butter Falcon and it’s a much nicer movie.

Archived