US Politics- Roger Stoned to Death

Fury Resurrected

..my wayward son.

@SpaceChampion  From your link:

"I do not think that the Biden campaign thinks that Latinos are part of their path to victory," Jess Morales Rocketto, the former digital organizing director for Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign, told Politico.

That's not someone involved in the Biden campaign.  That's an activist getting a quote in the news to pressure the Biden campaign into committing more resources to the Hispanic vote.  Huge ass difference.

@Tywin et al.

Is this where I give you some shrooms and say, "There's an upside and a downside too, guy."?

I don't give a shit about your cookie-cutter wisdom, but if you want to give me shrooms I'm not gonna say no.

@Varysblackfyre321

This sounds like the congressional hearings regarding heavy metal--spear headed by good 'ol Tipper Gore.

Personally, I think Ted Cruz ought to be careful about who he accuses of this kind of thing. He just seems like he's got some related skeletons in his closet.

This is really troubling. I remember reading somewhere that 80 percent (or so) of Latino's are registered to vote. They turned out big for Bernie. To essentially dismiss them is troubling.

18 minutes ago, DMC said:

K, your wisdom is not cookie-cutter.  You're like Gandalf.  Now will you give me some shrooms?

Dress up as Ted Cruz's rendition of being a mime for Halloween and share the picture here and then maybe. 

‘It’s Out Of Control’: How QAnon Undermines Legitimate Anti-Trafficking Efforts
The child sex trade is a global crisis. Far-right conspiracy theorists are harassing, distracting and intimidating the organizations fighting to end it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/how-qanon-impedes-legitimate-anti-trafficking-groups_n_5f4eacb9c5b69eb5c03592d1

Polaris, which runs the national human trafficking hotline, warned in July that unsubstantiated claims “can spin out of control and mislead well-meaning people into doing more harm than good.” In August, after the century-old charity Save the Children issued a public statement to distance itself from QAnon’s leeched “Save Our Children” front, the nonprofit World Without Exploitation followed suit, casting QAnon promoters as “grifters with a hero complex.” Days later, KidSafe Foundation denounced them as “parasites” who threaten to “tarnish our reputations and harm our good works.”

But QAnon is notorious for launching mob harassment campaigns against its perceived adversaries, and other anti-trafficking groups — having already witnessed or experienced such abuse — have declined to speak out against it.

The potential risk of publicly condemning QAnon and provoking its fury versus the harm of letting its conspiracy theories proliferate unchallenged is the subject of discussions playing out inside child welfare organizations across the country. Several employees who spoke to HuffPost declined to comment on the record for fear of triggering a backlash.

“We have had conversations internally about [QAnon], and just threading the needle on trying not to anger a very mobilized group,” said a senior employee at another human rights organization headquartered in Washington.

It’s exhausting work. It’s traumatic work ... And this just makes it all so much harder.
senior staffer at a national anti-trafficking organization
“What we’ve seen is that QAnon is a force to be reckoned with,” agreed an engagement professional at an international child welfare agency. “For organizations that do choose to speak out about it, it’s going to require a lot of resources to deal with [the fallout] — especially dealing with trolls.”

And when trafficking-related misinformation reaches a level at which it must be condemned or debunked, that can have “a real damaging effect on victims,” said Phil Brewer, a former police officer and the director of intelligence at Stop the Traffik.

“If they reach out for help, there may be a real worry that they won’t be believed.”

QAnon’s online mob has also inserted anti-trafficking groups and staff into conspiracy theories. “Q” — the anonymous entity at the center of the movement, whom supporters believe to be a top government insider leaking coded intel to the public — once suggested that Polaris engaged in sinister activity with The Clinton Foundation. Since then, Polaris has fielded online accusations of facilitating sex crimes against children.

Two anti-trafficking organizations even told HuffPost that they had been contacted by mysterious activist groups, later revealed to be “Save Our Children” organizers, who requested to be put in touch with victims for public speaking events.

I wanted to say something regarding the snarky comments in the last thread about how Bloomberg should pay the fines of felons in Florida, so they can vote.

Are you nuts? First of all, you have no idea how many of them would vote. Secondly, I’m sure that even if their fees and fines were paid off, Florida would throw up other bullshit methods to prevent them from voting. Like make it impossible to get ID. A friend in Texas lost his wallet recently and it looks like he won’t be able to vote because getting required ID will take a minimum of 30 days, because Texas has closed  the government offices he is required to go to in person to request the ID.

Third, did you even look up how much money is owed to Florida? More than a billion dollars! Do you think any billionaire in his right mind wants to bail out a bullshit state like Florida, gifting them a billion dollars?

Work on getting people registered and voting instead. Pay people to do the work, a much better use if money.

5 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I wanted to say something regarding the snarky comments in the last thread about how Bloomberg should pay the fines of felons in Florida, so they can vote.

Well, I imagine that was me, but it had nothing to do with felons in Florida.  It had to do with him making commitments to young campaign operatives then terminating their contracts like a fuckface billionaire.  And as for a billion dollars, that's what he championed he would donate to whomever was the Democratic nominee.  Until he didn't become that Democratic nominee.  It wasn't snark, and it wasn't just because I woke up drunk and posted.  Michael Bloomberg is a piece of shit for a lot reasons.  But his horseshit throughout the presidential campaign has graduated him to genuine douchebag.

Bah. You have no idea how much money he’s put into Biden’s campaign and the campaigns of Democrats across the country so far. 
And Trump is so upset he’s been tweeting asking a Republican billionaire to match Bloomberg in Florida.

Ana Navarro was just on CNN talking about how the whole Florida election campaign, at every level, is about Castro, Madura and other Central and South American dictators, painting Democrats as their supporters. She said the airwaves are full of claims Biden would turn Florida into Venezuela.

Her suggestion is to run ads simply showing shots of Trump hugging Putin, standing with Kim and with Erdogan and their ilk. I’d throw on shots of his daughter in her Chinese factories.

17 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Bah. You have no idea how much money he’s put into Biden’s campaign and the campaigns of Democrats across the country so far.

I do, because whatever money he's giving to Biden's campaign he's going to publicize.  Dude has his own news network.

As for Florida campaign strategy, it's an extremely diverse and complicated state.  There's a lot of different things to do based on localities.

22 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Her suggestion is to run ads simply showing shots of Trump hugging Putin, standing with Kim and with Erdogan and their ilk. I’d throw on shots of his daughter in her Chinese factories.

I was thinking about this.  Why isn't Jamie Harrison or a Dem Super-Pac running ads in SC of Tucker Carlson blasting Lindsay Graham?  It is the argument from hypocrisy that most persuades as someone was saying in the last thread. 

4 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

@Varysblackfyre321

This sounds like the congressional hearings regarding heavy metal--spear headed by good 'ol Tipper Gore.

Personally, I think Ted Cruz ought to be careful about who he accuses of this kind of thing. He just seems like he's got some related skeletons in his closet.

This is really troubling. I remember reading somewhere that 80 percent (or so) of Latino's are registered to vote. They turned out big for Bernie. To essentially dismiss them is troubling.

https://slate.com/culture/2020/09/netflix-cuties-controversy-explained-why-conservatives-are-obsessed-with-the-movie.html

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Are you nuts? First of all, you have no idea how many of them would vote.

If it’s 4% of the over 900,000 people we’re talking about here, it can make a difference in a state who often comes down to a few thousand votes.

Secondly, I’m sure that even if their fees and fines were paid off, Florida would throw up other bullshit methods to prevent them from voting.

They would try certainly. Though I think it’s a very defeatist mindset and could be said of any attempt by republicans to disenfranchise people.

They’ll try something else, so why try anything?

Third, did you even look up how much money is owed to Florida? More than a billion dollars!

Yeah, it’s a little bit more than the 900 million he spent running for president.

Work on getting people registered and voting instead. Pay people to do the work, a much better use if money.

I mean this is my entire point.

Paying off the debts of Ex-felons, would expand the selection of people Democrats could try to pull from. 

6 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Not that it surprises me with Trump in particular, but this fire situation being ignored by the leader of the country in which it's occurring is really horrible.  And fire season is just getting started.

Didn't you hear? Trump's aides are wheeling him out to California where he will pretend to care about the state. The Trump pivot to the center is here!

Archived