US Politics- Roger Stoned to Death

Fury Resurrected

20 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

It's not the same crime that Trump is accused of doing over TWENTY times, it's not the same level of witness accuracy, it's not corroborated by witnesses, it's not corroborated by facts (such as location and geography), it's not corroborated by known behavior patterns, and it was unable to be particularly well-vetted by any news organization. They are not equivalent. This is akin to saying that because one scientist has a counteropinion on manmade climate change that there are two sides. 

If you're saying Biden is the lesser of two rapists I'd totally agree with you...but he is a rapist.

10 minutes ago, SaltyGnosis said:

If you're saying Biden is the lesser of two rapists I'd totally agree with you...but he is a rapist.

So evidence and corroboration don't matter to you? Because saying something over and over again doesn't make it particularly valid.

Both Trump and Biden are accused of being rapists. One of those things is very likely to be true. One is very likely not to be true. Equating them is idiotic. 

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Trump announced tariffs on aluminum were being imposed on Canada again.

In the meantime the US is facing a container shortage, particularly of aluminum cans, which is the container in which most beer and soft drinks are sold.  This has led to a shortage of beer on the shelves, literally, as there hasn't been the demand for kegs -- kegger parties etc . way down, while home consumption from cans is way up. But this story didn't mention the tariffs -- it should have.

https://slate.com/business/2020/09/covid-beer-sanitizer-shortage-supply-chains-six-months-in.html

24 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

Equating them is idiotic. 

I agree, that's why I said Biden was the lesser rapist, not that they were equal rapists.

And since you mentioned evidence, her ex husband also mentioned sexual harassment by her boss in court documents he filed while seeking a restraining order against her at the time. Again, this all goers back to the 90s, and none of it contradicts her story.

Spoiler

inb4 "HaRaSsMeNt iSn't RaPe" yes, and victims of violent assault frequently downplay what happened to them to loved ones

Remember in the last thread I asked why the right keeps calling Biden a pedophile? And that a picture of Biden kissing a child seemed to be part of it? Some piece of crap used a picture of Biden kissing the top of the head of a child and said he was molesting her. Turns out the picture was from Beau Biden’s funeral, the child was Beau’s daughter and Biden’s granddaughter. You have to be pretty scummy to use that picture that way.

10 minutes ago, Zorral said:

In the meantime the US is facing a container shortage, particularly of aluminum cans, which is the container in which most beer and soft drinks are sold.  This has led to a shortage of beer on the shelves, literally, as there hasn't been the demand for kegs -- kegger parties etc . way down, while home consumption from cans is way up. But this story didn't mention the tariffs -- it should have.

https://slate.com/business/2020/09/covid-beer-sanitizer-shortage-supply-chains-six-months-in.html

I heard that there were two US groups talking to the WH, manufacturers who need more supplies and manufacturers who aren’t very efficient who wanted tariffs to give them a price boost. The latter group got the ear of the WH.

23 minutes ago, SaltyGnosis said:

What happened to innocent til proven guilty.  Neither Trump or Biden is a rapist.  Now do I think Trump is a rapist?  Probably but I don't know for sure.  You seem to know for sure that Biden is.  

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Remember in the last thread I asked why the right keeps calling Biden a pedophile? And that a picture of Biden kissing a child seemed to be part of it? Some piece of crap used a picture of Biden kissing the top of the head of a child and said he was molesting her. Turns out the picture was from Beau Biden’s funeral, the child was Beau’s daughter and Biden’s granddaughter. You have to be pretty scummy to use that picture that way.

I heard that there were two US groups talking to the WH, manufacturers who need more supplies and manufacturers who aren’t very efficient who wanted tariffs to give them a price boost. The latter group got the ear of the WH.

Yeah no that's dumb, petting isn't molestation (necessarily) he's not a pedophile. Just a rapist.

Oh, sorry Kalibear, digital rapist. Words matter y'know.

Just now, Gareth said:

What happened to innocent til proven guilty.  Neither Trump or Biden is a rapist.  Now do I think Trump is a rapist?  Probably but I don't know for sure.  You seem to know for sure that Biden is.  

Innocent until proven guilty applies in a court of law. These people are supposed to be public servants. I'm comfortable saying they're both rapists because I think based on the evidence I think it's extremely likely. I don't know for sure though, that's true.

5 minutes ago, SaltyGnosis said:

I agree, that's why I said Biden was the lesser rapist, not that they were equal rapists.

And since you mentioned evidence, her ex husband also mentioned sexual harassment by her boss in court documents he filed while seeking a restraining order against her at the time. Again, this all goers back to the 90s, and none of it contradicts her story.

Hide contents

inb4 "HaRaSsMeNt iSn't RaPe"

So because she was harassed you believe every single instance of her story? Again, totally willing to believe that he would do what is construed as sexual harassment. There's a LOT of record on that for Biden. 

3 minutes ago, SaltyGnosis said:

Yeah no that's dumb, petting isn't molestation (necessarily) he's not a pedophile. Just a rapist.

Oh, sorry Kalibear, digital rapist. Words matter y'know.

They do! For instance, 'harassment' doesn't mean 'assault' or even 'rape'. 

2 minutes ago, SaltyGnosis said:

Innocent until proven guilty applies in a court of law. These people are supposed to be public servants. I'm comfortable saying they're both rapists because I think based on the evidence I think it's extremely likely. I don't know for sure though, that's true.

Sorry, what evidence are you basing this on? 

4 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

They do! For instance, 'harassment' doesn't mean 'assault' or even 'rape'. 

You should click the spoiler-tag you quoted there champ.

Anyway I've had enough of this conversation. Yes, enough of her story has been corroborated that I believe the rest of it absent contradictory evidence. I'm sorry you find it upsetting when I point out Joe Biden raped Tara Reade. I mean, we know for sure he voted to go to war in Iraq in 2002, right? Is rapist more upsetting to you than war criminal?

Actually, scratch that. I don't really care. There's nothing I could do or say that will convince him of the lack of veracity or doubt in his accusation, and it really doesn't matter in the least what he thinks.

For those of you who might actually care about this, there are a lot of reports on the relative confusion around the Reade accusations:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/19/politics/tara-reade-biden-allegation/index.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52462113

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/15/tara-reade-left-trail-of-aggrieved-acquaintances-260771

The fact is that all the "evidence" you have is circumstantial and actually lack credibility.  For example, the tape on Larry King show was them talking about the toxic culture of Washington DC for one of his segment.  From what I can gather, Tara Reade seems to be a manipulative user.  Doesn't mean that what she said is false but it certainly raised questions about her credibility.   I having a hard time wondering why you are so sure that Biden is a rapist (for what its worth, I don't distinguish sexual assault from rape...the degrees are just criminal term for appropriate sentences).

LOL THIS IS GENUINELY SO FUCKING FUNNY TO ME. Like you guys don't even see you go through the same patterns of behaviors that Republicans do when they start tearing up a victim.

Acting like unless the act itself was caught on tape the victim is a liar, over-reporting inconsistencies in the story while under reporting actual concrete evidence (like court documents).

It really is quite something. We're just we're all just monkeys following the same handful of behavioral patterns. None of us really think for ourselves.

1 minute ago, SaltyGnosis said:

LOL THIS IS GENUINELY SO FUCKING FUNNY TO ME. Like you guys don't even see you go through the same patterns of behaviors that Republicans do when they start tearing up a victim.

Acting like unless the act itself was caught on tape the victim is a liar, over-reporting inconsistencies in the story while under reporting actual concrete evidence (like court documents).

It really is quite something. We're just we're all just monkeys following the same handful of behavioral patterns. None of us really think for ourselves.

Is this related to me calling out Tara Reade's credibility?  When it comes to he said/she said, the first thing that always is looked at is credibility.  Unfortunately this is a he said/she said scenario, regardless if you think otherwise.  

23 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Is this related to me calling out Tara Reade's credibility?  When it comes to he said/she said, the first thing that always is looked at is credibility.  Unfortunately this is a he said/she said scenario, regardless if you think otherwise.  

No it was Kalibear sharing an article straight up calling her "A manipulative, deceitful, user" in the title. Like JFC this is straight out of the right-wing playbook when dragging somebody. The media makes them look like an uncredible, lying, narcissist. It's the same thing that's been happening to Trump's accusers (from right wing press) and Kavanaugh's, same thing that happened to the women Bill Clinton raped (no not Monika Lewinski) when they came forward. It's genuinely sick that people don't see this.

I think it takes a lot of courage to face this kind of massive, institutionally encouraged hate, to have powerful financial interests tearing your personal life apart, having articles written about you, looking up people from your past, etc. I don't think anyone would put themselves through that just for attention. I think that victims of sexual violence frequently downplay what happened to them to loved ones, and it's not a surprise to me that she didn't tell her husband or mother that she was raped by her boss, or if she did that they might not want to reveal those graphic details in court documents or on live television.

Biden's not on trial, this is not innocent until proven guilty. This is a person who has very little reason to lie coming forward with a story that has not been contradicted by any of the evidence that's come out. What do you want, a videotape of him doing it? She said he assaulted her, and when people looked into it they found evidence of her saying something bad happened with him back during that same time period.

2 hours ago, Kalibear said:

The pandemic will stop people from voting. This will result in  turnout being low. In addition to that some absentee ballots are going to be uncounted. 

I don't see how this is really a question. The pandemic is going to cause people who normally vote to not vote. This is almost certainly going to affect the elderly more than any other group. They are also the least likely to do something outside of their normal pattern, so they're less likely than the average voter to ask for absentee ballots. 

Agree 100%. If we had a competent government that enacted a universal mask mandate AND distributed masks freely and widely we would be in a very different situation. And many thousands fewer would be dead. It's inarguable.

52 minutes ago, Week said:

Stop engaging with the troll. Let them sulk and return to their home under their bridge.

I'm really genuinely not trolling. I don't know why half the thread trips over themselves trying to call me out when they think I'm wanking off Joe Rogan, but when I actually do take the time to try and explain why I think the way people are reacting to Tara Reade is fucked up I get 'don't feed the troll.'

WTO ruling against the USA on the China tariffs

http://www.micausa.org/us-violated-trade-rules-with-tariffs-on-china-wto-says/

US violated trade rules with tariffs on China, WTO says

AJOT, By: Bryce Baschuk | Sep 15 2020

The World Trade Organization undercut the main justification for President Donald Trump’s trade war against China, saying that American tariffs on Chinese goods violate international rules.

A panel of three WTO trade experts on Tuesday said the U.S. broke global regulations when it imposed tariffs on Chinese goods in 2018. Washington has imposed levies on $400 billion in Chinese exports.

The panel said in its report “that the United States had not met its burden of demonstrating that the measures are provisionally justified.”

While the ruling bolsters Beijing’s claims, Washington can effectively veto the decision by lodging an appeal at any point in the next 60 days. That’s because the Trump administration has already paralyzed the WTO’s appellate body, a tactic that has rendered toothless the world’s foremost arbiter of trade.

“Although the panel did not dispute the extensive evidence submitted by the United States of intellectual property theft by China, its decision shows that the WTO provides no remedy for such misconduct,” U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer said in a statement. He added that the report has no effect on the phase-one agreement between the nations.

The dispute centers on the Trump administration’s use of a 1970s-era U.S. trade law to unilaterally launch its commercial conflict against China in 2018.

Interesting that USTR is basically positioning the tariffs outside the purview of the WTO since WTO does not provide a mechanism for dealing with the stated reason for the imposition of the tariffs. US will appeal the decision, no doubt, and it will sit there indefinitely until the appellate body can resume hearing appeals, which will not be any time soon. So the tariffs will remain. The question is whether China will try to do something to bring this whole WTO dysfunction to a head now that a major trade dispute between the two biggest economies in the world will sit unresolved with no end in sight that finds against the country that has caused the WTO appeals process to grind to a halt.

Did not see whether this was discussed earlier due to the re-litigation of allegations that were discussed ad nauseaum when they first came out.

There are crimes against humanity committed by agencies headed by illegally appointed heads. This is so far beyond the pale, even for this organization.

Archived