US Politics- Roger Stoned to Death

Fury Resurrected

Poor naive whistleblower nurse

“I was brought up by the American dream that you treat people the way you want to be treated," said a nurse who filed a whistleblower complaint

When was that ever how the US state treated people?

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

Poor naive whistleblower nurse

When was that ever how the US state treated people?

I'm not sure that it's necessarily naivete or whether is it a political framing. I suspect closer to the latter.

Another ongoing story of ICE that is coming out -- 

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/09/15/ice-deport-witness-sexual-assault/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_content=1600194817&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

More and more stories support the "abolish ICE" narrative. Unclear what, if any, positive value we are getting from that organization. 

14 minutes ago, Week said:

Did not see whether this was discussed earlier due to the re-litigation of allegations that were discussed ad nauseaum when they first came out.

There are crimes against humanity committed by agencies headed by illegally appointed heads. This is so far beyond the pale, even for this organization.

What's really going to cook your noodle later is when nobody does anything about it.

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

What's really going to cook your noodle later is when nobody does anything about it.

It is mind-boggling that the House does not have a member of the executive branch testifying every single day. DeVos, Barr, Wolf, Navarro, etc. bring them in under oath or force them to defy a subpoena. Pelosi has done excellently in political maneuvering in the past, but this time demands an attack dog. Relentless pressure.

3 minutes ago, Week said:

It is mind-boggling that the House does not have a member of the executive branch testifying every single day. DeVos, Barr, Wolf, Navarro, etc. bring them in under oath or force them to defy a subpoena. Pelosi has done excellently in political maneuvering in the past, but this time demands an attack dog. Relentless pressure.

My mind doesn't boggle. Why would Pelosi waste her time? 

Americans don't give a fuck about anything that doesn't interfere with their idyllic lives.

3 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

My mind doesn't boggle. Why would Pelosi waste her time? 

Americans don't give a fuck about anything that doesn't interfere with their idyllic lives.

I saw this discussion going on earlier -- some things will move the needle on the edges. I'm not expecting much. At the very least, it will force the WH to be on the defensive and cause embarrassment. Perhaps that could be enough to delay or thwart some malfeasance that wouldn't have been otherwise.

10 minutes ago, Week said:

I saw this discussion going on earlier -- some things will move the needle on the edges. I'm not expecting much. At the very least, it will force the WH to be on the defensive and cause embarrassment. Perhaps that could be enough to delay or thwart some malfeasance that wouldn't have been otherwise.

Yes, because it's definitely the case that the news cycle will at all care about undocument immigrant women being abused. 

Kids are still in cages. No one protests that.

19 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

Yes, because it's definitely the case that the news cycle will at all care about undocument immigrant women being abused. 

Tony Pham, Derek Benner, Chad Wolf, Ken Cucinelli, and so on. Subpoenas. Force them to respond or be in contempt of Congress. Inaction is unacceptable. 

Inaction gives oxygen to the asinine argument that both parties are the same. They aren't. Rethuglicans are actively evil. Democrats are too lazy or scared to stand up to it. It doesn't have to be that way.

18 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

Yep. Everyone who would care likely already knows, and those that don't won't lift a finger for the precise reason Jace stated. And besides, it will get little to no attention with Trump sucking up all the oxygen. 

Also, unrelated side note because I decided to look up his views, it's a joke to suggest that Rogan would be a good moderator considering he has openly stated which candidate he'd back and clearly dislikes Biden. Shit, the Fox crew would probably hide their biases better than him.....

4 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

And what happens after they respond?

Maybe nothing. Maybe something. Isn't it worth fucking trying? Showing some care for Congressional oversight and protecting those who are being abused.

Open to other suggestions of what worthwhile action could be undertaken to at least try to fight against the evil of this administration. Clearly protests ain't doin it. Would be a good move for Democrats to at least show activists that they are trying to have their back.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

An important caveat to what Pelosi should be spending her time on right now is they still need to fund the government in the next two weeks and the GOP doesn't seem to give a shit.

"We can't fund the government in Joe Biden's America!"

26 minutes ago, Week said:

Tony Pham, Derek Benner, Chad Wolf, Ken Cucinelli, and so on. Subpoenas. Force them to respond or be in contempt of Congress. Inaction is unacceptable. 

Inaction gives oxygen to the asinine argument that both parties are the same. They aren't. Rethuglicans are actively evil. Democrats are too lazy or scared to stand up to it. It doesn't have to be that way.

Or, maybe on some things they are the same, but people are afraid to admit it. ICE was founded by Bush Jr, but was not substantially reformed or abolished in the 8 Years Obama had to do something. There were hundreds of uninvestigated allegations of sexual abuse on his watch. He earned the epithet deporter in Chief, padding his stats by implementing fingerprinting and recording of people caught crossing the border and being immediately returned, hither to they were not recorded in deportation stats, methinks he did that to look like a hard arse on immigration and not to take a more humane approach to desperate people trying to find a better life for themselves. When it comes to undocumented immigrants I get the impression that the only difference between Democrat administrations and Republican ones is that the Democrats wear a velvet glove over its mailed fist.

Imagine being so desperate to find a better life that you seek entry into a country where the entire ruling class hates and vilifies you and uses you as a political tool. And that's not just the USA, mind you. My country is no different, we just have the luxury of being so far away from places people are trying to escape that our moral position is rarely put to the test. But our history has plenty of examples of maltreatment of immigrants if one cares to look. Including an unwritten whites only policy for much of the 20th century.

21 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Or, maybe on some things they are the same, but people are afraid to admit it. ICE was founded by Bush Jr, but was not substantially reformed or abolished in the 8 Years Obama had to do something. There were hundreds of uninvestigated allegations of sexual abuse on his watch. He earned the epithet deporter in Chief, padding his stats by implementing fingerprinting and recording of people caught crossing the border and being immediately returned, hither to they were not recorded in deportation stats, methinks he did that to look like a hard arse on immigration and not to take a more humane approach to desperate people trying to find a better life for themselves. When it comes to undocumented immigrants I get the impression that the only difference between Democrat administrations and Republican ones is that the Democrats wear a velvet glove over its mailed fist.

Imagine being so desperate to find a better life that you seek entry into a country where the entire ruling class hates and vilifies you and uses you as a political tool. And that's not just the USA, mind you. My country is no different, we just have the luxury of being so far away from places people are trying to escape that our moral position is rarely put to the test. But our history has plenty of examples of maltreatment of immigrants if one cares to look. Including an unwritten whites only policy for much of the 20th century.

I cannot disagree about facts of the past. That does not excuse worse conditions and treatment, absolutely occurring, nor does it preclude us from fixing the problem. No need to get caught up in whataboutism of the past when there is abuse, rape, and genocide going on NOW.

Also, not for nothing, but do you notice what happens when you ignore the troll (or Faux News obsessed Prez) and actively create discussion and news about what the fuck is going on? It isn't fucking rocket science nor is it going to change the goddamned world but it's something other than gnashing teeth over lies and unfounded allegations from months ago that have been rehashed again and again.

Double post - mostly tongue-in-cheek above. But still. Sheeeeeiiitt.

Also, this ABC Town hall with Trump is (shocker) a fucking trainwreck.

"And you'll develop, you'll develop like a herd mentality, it's going to be herd-developed, and that's going to happen. That will all happen. But with a vaccine, I think it will go away very quickly, but I really believe we're rounding the corner."

Archived