US Politics- Roger Stoned to Death

Fury Resurrected

14 minutes ago, Week said:

Double post - mostly tongue-in-cheek above. But still. Sheeeeeiiitt.

Also, this ABC Town hall with Trump is (shocker) a fucking trainwreck.

"And you'll develop, you'll develop like a herd mentality, it's going to be herd-developed, and that's going to happen. That will all happen. But with a vaccine, I think it will go away very quickly, but I really believe we're rounding the corner."

Well, you gotta admit, we are seeing quite a bit of a herd mentality developing in this country...

16 minutes ago, Week said:

Incapable due to stupidity, dishonesty, senility, or a combination of the three?

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1306038674673610754

Trump sounds like he's six whiskeys in, yet you know he sober (at least from the bottle, dancing with dat white lady though? Idk).

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Trump sounds like he's six whiskeys in, yet you know he sober (at least from the bottle, dancing with dat white lady though? Idk).

It's no wonder Trump wanted exemptions for chemical companies in trade deals, he's probably being pumped full of enough of them to keep his tiny, smooth brain functioning that he'd cause some violation every time he stepped onto a plane.

2 hours ago, Week said:

I cannot disagree about facts of the past. That does not excuse worse conditions and treatment, absolutely occurring, nor does it preclude us from fixing the problem. No need to get caught up in whataboutism of the past when there is abuse, rape, and genocide going on NOW.

Also, not for nothing, but do you notice what happens when you ignore the troll (or Faux News obsessed Prez) and actively create discussion and news about what the fuck is going on? It isn't fucking rocket science nor is it going to change the goddamned world but it's something other than gnashing teeth over lies and unfounded allegations from months ago that have been rehashed again and again.

I'm just suggesting that expecting the Democratic party to fix things is probably not a realistic expectation. You have a desperate desire to see immigrant abuse stopped and prevented from happening again. Unfortunately the pathway for achieving it seems to not exist as there is no political will to do it. Past misdeeds, even if not as egregious as current, merely serves to demonstrate the hopelessness of the situation for those who are deeply concerned.

Immigrants are the whipping boys of all political parties (or at least all who have a realistic chance of grabbing the reins of power), and it will remain so while beating up on immigrants is a net gain in votes on election day. I rather fear that the champions of the marginalised, like AOC and Ilhan Omar will be ultimately beaten down by the system, because there will never be enough voices on the inside to really change things. The system is broken beyond repair. A new system is required.

‘Let Me Finish My Question’: Voter Confronts Trump Over Efforts To Undermine Obamacare
The moment highlighted Trump’s efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act, which protects those with preexisting conditions.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/voter-trump-affordable-care-act-preexisting-conditions_n_5f617814c5b6e27db1348d38

Ellesia Blaque, an assistant professor, pressed Trump during an ABC News town hall with voters in Philadelphia. During a tense moment, Blaque detailed her experience with a lifelong disease that costs her thousands of dollars annually in insurance copayments.

“Mr. President, I was born with a disease called sarcoidosis, and from the day I was born, I was considered uninsurable,” Blaque said. “That disease started in my skin, moved to my eyes, into my optic nerves, and when I went to graduate school, into my brain. … With copays, I’m still paying almost $7,000 a year in addition to the copay.”

The questioning grew tense after Trump interrupted to dispute claims that the ACA, also known as Obamacare, had already protected those with preexisting conditions.

Blaque: Should preexisting conditions ― which Obamacare brought into ― brought to fruition ― be removed…

Trump: No.

Blaque: Please stop and let me finish my question, sir. Should that be removed, within a 36- to 72-hour period, without my medication, I will be dead.

7 minutes ago, Triskele said:

More projection?  Trump is demanding performance-enhancing drugs for the debates and that's the real reason he accuses Biden of needing them?  

That beautiful White Lady is calling.....

9 hours ago, SaltyGnosis said:

Ok you know what, I'm gonna be real to @Fragile Bird and everybody reacting with laugh emojis to the thing about Biden being a rapist (maybe it's the Rogan thing, but I think I've defended what I meant there). There is a tape of Tara Reid's mother calling in to Larry King with a story about her assault in like, the 90s. It's been authenticated.

I am so, like genuinely from the bottom of my heart disgusted by everyone who was breathing fire after that 'grab them by the pussy' tape came out, and is now trying to sweep this shit with Biden under the rug.

You ain't getting anywhere with this lot on Tara Reade. They have rationalized the shit out of why believe all women except Reade is an ok philosophy.

But what's it matter. Biden is the hero the Democratic party has provided. Nothing you can do about it.

1 minute ago, Triskele said:

There's another angle which is Trump.  

I mean this as no comment on the Dems/Biden/Read topic whatsover and only that Trump is that powerful an argument.  

That's what I'm getting at too. You can't change who won the primary, but Trump is still something you can change.

8 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

But what's it matter. Biden is the hero the Democratic party has provided. Nothing you can do about it.

Lol. Do you believe half the shit you write in these threads? Biden isn't some hero, especially here. I'm not sure a regular poster said he was their first choice.....

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol. Do you believe half the shit you write in these threads? Biden isn't some hero, especially here. I'm not sure a regular poster said he was their first choice.....

No, I don't believe any of the shot you write. Who gives a fuck? You guys voted the dude in, I don't have that on my hands at least. Oh. Right. You're left of Bernie. I'm sure you voted for some extreme leftist.

But if he isn't some hero, then someone coming into the thread raising valid concerns about his character obviously won't be mocked and derided for being understandably upset by the Reade allegations. Right?

49 minutes ago, Triskele said:

More projection?  Trump is demanding performance-enhancing drugs for the debates and that's the real reason he accuses Biden of needing them?  

I'm sure most of what Trump does is projection. Not strategically, but because that's just what his simple, lizard-brain defaults to.

1 minute ago, Simon Steele said:

No, I don't believe any of the shot you write. Who gives a fuck? You guys voted the dude in, I don't have that on my hands at least. Oh. Right. You're left of Bernie. I'm sure you voted for some extreme leftist.

Right, you actively hurt your own causes, but that shit isn't on your hands. Even though your beloved Bernie is begging you to DO THE EXACT FUCKING THINGS I'M TELLING YOU TO DO.

But you're pure, because, reasons.....

Grow up. Quit with the moralizing grandstanding and accept the realities of the system you live in. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Right, you actively hurt your own causes, but that shit isn't on your hands. Even though your beloved Bernie is begging you to DO THE EXACT FUCKING THINGS I'M TELLING YOU TO DO.

But you're pure, because, reasons.....

Grow up. Quit with the moralizing grandstanding and accept the realities of the system you live in. 

What am I not doing that Bernie is asking me to do? Where am I being pure because I find it deplorable that someone upset about Reade is mocked and bullied?

6 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

What am I not doing that Bernie is asking me to do? Where am I being pure because I find it deplorable that someone upset about Reade is mocked and bullied?

You're looking at every chance to shoot Biden in the back, even if Trump appears to be way more guilty of something that only vaguely touches Biden. 

At this point I think you really do want him to lose, just like it seemed like you wanted Clinton to lose four years ago. You attack Democrats way more than you attack Republicans, and it's rarely constructive. And furthermore, you attack them because they don't back things, that, let me clear my throat, ARE NEVER FUCKING GOING TO HAPPEN RIGHT NOW. You're politics are that of Captain Ahab's, and liberals writ large are your crew.

Archived