US Politics- Roger Stoned to Death

Fury Resurrected

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The new ingredient in modern times is having a President and members of his Administration saying things that suggest this kind of behavior is okay and/or necessary.

Yes, but we've known Trump would do that ever since Charlottesville if not before.

41 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Maybe it's just because I've been alive longer, but "Rittenhouse shooting up a protest", while utterly horrible, seems far from "fantastical" to me. Idiots of various kinds have unfortunately been shooting up events in the USA the entire 69 years of my life. This just doesn't seem like anything "new".

If you read history, much longer than that. Didn't Stokely Carmichael say that violence is as American as cherry pie way back in the 60's?

16 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Yes, but we've known Trump would do that ever since Charlottesville if not before.

Yes, but it does not lessen the impact of him praising a domestic terrorist facing a murder charge. If anything, it compounds all of the other shitty things he does on the regular. 

7 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Yes, but it does not lessen the impact of him praising a domestic terrorist facing a murder charge. If anything, it compounds all of the other shitty things he does on the regular. 

This is where we'd have been with a President George Wallace during the civil rights movement.

38 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Sure we knew he would do it, but we’re seeing an escalation that was harder to predict, and it’s only going to get worse. A lot worse. Trump is a scared, wounded animal backed into a corner and who knows what he’ll do. And worse, who knows how his die hard supporters will interpret his suggestions.

Oh, and on the subject of Pelosi and House Democrats needing to subpoena various cabinet and ranking officials and what would happen, duh……

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/politics/chad-wolf-house-subpoena/index.html

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh, and on the subject of Pelosi and House Democrats needing to subpoena various cabinet and ranking officials and what would happen, duh……

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/politics/chad-wolf-house-subpoena/index.html

Not unexpected ... Fine them, send the seargant-at-arms, start to force the issue. Otherwise Congress has resigned itself to the feckless institution that it is often viewed as.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/05/15/house-has-power-arrest-people-who-defy-its-orders/

Remember, both sides do it though.

Donald Trump accused of sexual assault by former model Amy Dorris
 Amy Dorris in her home town in Florida. Photograph: Mitchel Worley/The Guardian
Exclusive: Amy Dorris alleges Trump forced his tongue down her throat and groped her at 1997 US Open

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/17/donald-trump-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-former-model-amy-dorris

A former model has come forward to accuse Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her at the US Open tennis tournament more than two decades ago, in an alleged incident that left her feeling “sick” and “violated”.

In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, Amy Dorris alleged that Trump accosted her outside the bathroom in his VIP box at the tournament in New York on 5 September 1997.

Dorris, who was 24 at the time, accuses Trump of forcing his tongue down her throat, assaulting her all over her body and holding her in a grip she was unable to escape from.

23 minutes ago, Week said:

Not unexpected ... Fine them, send the seargant-at-arms, start to force the issue. Otherwise Congress has resigned itself to the feckless institution that it is often viewed as.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/05/15/house-has-power-arrest-people-who-defy-its-orders/

That could backfire optically. Generic House Republican talking point: “Here we are, trying to help the American people during these trying times and Pelosi and the Radical Left are trying to play political games.”

I just don’t see it being much of a benefit before the elections. Do it afterwards if you feel compelled to.

I think our government is functioning perfectly and America is the greatest land to ever be conquered. God does belong in schools so that he can protect Christians from the plague of liberals who seek to contaminate their unfortunately open minds. Thought-distancing is the only way to keep kids great again.

3 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I think our government is functioning perfectly and America is the greatest land to ever be conquered. God does belong in schools so that he can protect Christians from the plague of liberals who seek to contaminate their unfortunately open minds. Thought-distancing is the only way to keep kids great again.

Repentance won't save you now. Some pollution begs not the cloth but the knife.  

50 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That could backfire optically. Generic House Republican talking point: “Here we are, trying to help the American people during these trying times and Pelosi and the Radical Left are trying to play political games.”

I just don’t see it being much of a benefit before the elections. Do it afterwards if you feel compelled to.

I got called crazy because I said Trump can do anything he really really wants to because there's no one who can actually counter him at this point.  Here's another data point in my favor.

If congress doesn't start doing something about this disrespect, then they're just going to get ignored and marginalized further, until they might as well not exist at all.   All of this doesn't go away just because Democrats win the Presidency.  And if they don't, then its just going to get worse.

3 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Regarding ballots... I read that Tramp will probably send lawyers into each state to try and stop the counting at some point... Would they have a chance t success?

Chance of success will dramatically increase when a bunch of brown shirts, I mean Maga cultists, sorry, REAL AMERICANS, show up and disrupt the counting with an armed protest.

I meant, what legal basis would they have to even demand that, other than if the outcome was already decided even without those remaining votes?

And I wonder if Democrats have enough lawyers to try and counter it (if there is anything to this at all).

4 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I meant, what legal basis would they have to even demand that, other than if the outcome was already decided even without those remaining votes?

And I wonder if Democrats have enough lawyers to try and counter it (if there is anything to this at all).

The Biden campaign has already setup a wing of lawyers with some solid former AGs to counter this.  Legal basis?  Whatever they want to.  All it has to do is muddy the waters enough until it gets to a court full of Trump Judges.  We've already seen pretty much this exact scenario play out in Bush v Gore.  Biden seems more prepared for it however.

The issue will be the media circus it offers, and all the confusion and protesting and such.  It could easily disrupt the entire election to the point where no one really knows who won, and the amount of anger and frustration turns into violence in the streets.  

I can see protests about Trump and the Presidency becoming violent far easier than the current BLM protests.  The larger populace cares a hell of a lot more about the election than it does about the way the Police treat a minority group.

15 minutes ago, argonak said:

Chance of success will dramatically increase when a bunch of brown shirts, I mean Maga cultists, sorry, REAL AMERICANS, show up and disrupt the counting with an armed protest.

I fear it's NOT the case, but it's my fervent HOPE that team Biden and the DNC has an action plan in place to counter any Republican attempts towards hijacking the vote process like we saw in Florida 2000.

If there is no plan to aggressively counter the Republican activism, who will NO DOUBT go on the offensive. I do believe they will steal this election regardless to how the population voted. Just like they did in Florida 2000.

Team Biden/DNC needs to have a plan already in place and not be just sitting back and reacting.

My faith that any of this will play out in favor of the guy that gets the majority vote is very weak. I fully expect this election to be stolen while Congress and the courts fumble away and responsible action to stop it. We've had little to no balance checks for 4 years, why would November prove any different? 

Archived