Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fury Resurrected

US Politics- Roger Stoned to Death

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Fez said:

I believe it. I believe Graham will win in the end, but I believe that Democrats have a surprisingly high floor in SC and that Graham will run a point or two behind Trump; making it even closer. South Carolina is much further behind North Carolina and Georgia, to say nothing of Virginia, in terms of changing partisan trends; but most of the same factors exist there too.

That's about where I am too.  I fully expect Graham to run behind Trump.  If it's only a couple points, then Graham will win.  But if it's 6 points like this poll shows (or more!), then Graham could get booted.  Because while Trump won SC by 14 in 2016, I think this could be one of the states where he has the biggest drop.  Not enough to flip it, but with where polls are now I fully expect Trump to win by 5-8 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tzanth said:

I hope you are right, but every day we read about things that even just a few months ago I also would have thought were fantastical. Today it was armed gangs manning roadblocks in Oregon and demanding IDs from drivers. A few weeks ago it was Rittenhouse shooting up a protest in Wisconsin. Whats going to be next? The fantastical and terrifying sadly seems increasingly normal and the tempo at which things become more absurd and more violent is speeding up every week. The US is rapidly running down the rabbit hole and I don't think we can reject hypotheticals anymore just because they seem fantastical or absurd. 

Maybe it's just because I've been alive longer, but "Rittenhouse shooting up a protest", while utterly horrible, seems far from "fantastical" to me. Idiots of various kinds have unfortunately been shooting up events in the USA the entire 69 years of my life. This just doesn't seem like anything "new".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Maybe it's just because I've been alive longer, but "Rittenhouse shooting up a protest", while utterly horrible, seems far from "fantastical" to me. Idiots of various kinds have unfortunately been shooting up events in the USA the entire 69 years of my life. This just doesn't seem like anything "new".

The new ingredient in modern times is having a President and members of his Administration saying things that suggest this kind of behavior is okay and/or necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The new ingredient in modern times is having a President and members of his Administration saying things that suggest this kind of behavior is okay and/or necessary.

Yes, but we've known Trump would do that ever since Charlottesville if not before.

Edited by Ormond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Maybe it's just because I've been alive longer, but "Rittenhouse shooting up a protest", while utterly horrible, seems far from "fantastical" to me. Idiots of various kinds have unfortunately been shooting up events in the USA the entire 69 years of my life. This just doesn't seem like anything "new".

If you read history, much longer than that. Didn't Stokely Carmichael say that violence is as American as cherry pie way back in the 60's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Yes, but we've known Trump would do that ever since Charlottesville if not before.

Yes, but it does not lessen the impact of him praising a domestic terrorist facing a murder charge. If anything, it compounds all of the other shitty things he does on the regular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Yes, but it does not lessen the impact of him praising a domestic terrorist facing a murder charge. If anything, it compounds all of the other shitty things he does on the regular. 

This is where we'd have been with a President George Wallace during the civil rights movement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absentee ballots go out in Wisconsin today and Minnesota tomorrow!  Get those ballots returned as early as possible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Yes, but we've known Trump would do that ever since Charlottesville if not before.

Sure we knew he would do it, but we’re seeing an escalation that was harder to predict, and it’s only going to get worse. A lot worse. Trump is a scared, wounded animal backed into a corner and who knows what he’ll do. And worse, who knows how his die hard supporters will interpret his suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh, and on the subject of Pelosi and House Democrats needing to subpoena various cabinet and ranking officials and what would happen, duh……

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/politics/chad-wolf-house-subpoena/index.html

Not unexpected ... Fine them, send the seargant-at-arms, start to force the issue. Otherwise Congress has resigned itself to the feckless institution that it is often viewed as.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/05/15/house-has-power-arrest-people-who-defy-its-orders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember, both sides do it though.

 

Donald Trump accused of sexual assault by former model Amy Dorris
 Amy Dorris in her home town in Florida. Photograph: Mitchel Worley/The Guardian
Exclusive: Amy Dorris alleges Trump forced his tongue down her throat and groped her at 1997 US Open

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/17/donald-trump-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-former-model-amy-dorris

Quote

 

A former model has come forward to accuse Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her at the US Open tennis tournament more than two decades ago, in an alleged incident that left her feeling “sick” and “violated”.

In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, Amy Dorris alleged that Trump accosted her outside the bathroom in his VIP box at the tournament in New York on 5 September 1997.

Dorris, who was 24 at the time, accuses Trump of forcing his tongue down her throat, assaulting her all over her body and holding her in a grip she was unable to escape from.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USC/Dornsife poll showed Biden at +7ish for the second day in a row, and Monmouth showed modest numbers for him in AZ (for Kelly as well). Then again, these polls do lag a bit from the news of the day, so we gotta see if the town hall and the new allegations moved the needle at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Week said:

Not unexpected ... Fine them, send the seargant-at-arms, start to force the issue. Otherwise Congress has resigned itself to the feckless institution that it is often viewed as.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/05/15/house-has-power-arrest-people-who-defy-its-orders/

That could backfire optically. Generic House Republican talking point: “Here we are, trying to help the American people during these trying times and Pelosi and the Radical Left are trying to play political games.”

I just don’t see it being much of a benefit before the elections. Do it afterwards if you feel compelled to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think our government is functioning perfectly and America is the greatest land to ever be conquered. God does belong in schools so that he can protect Christians from the plague of liberals who seek to contaminate their unfortunately open minds. Thought-distancing is the only way to keep kids great again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I think our government is functioning perfectly and America is the greatest land to ever be conquered. God does belong in schools so that he can protect Christians from the plague of liberals who seek to contaminate their unfortunately open minds. Thought-distancing is the only way to keep kids great again.

Repentance won't save you now. Some pollution begs not the cloth but the knife.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding ballots... I read that Tramp will probably send lawyers into each state to try and stop the counting at some point... Would they have a chance t success?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That could backfire optically. Generic House Republican talking point: “Here we are, trying to help the American people during these trying times and Pelosi and the Radical Left are trying to play political games.”

I just don’t see it being much of a benefit before the elections. Do it afterwards if you feel compelled to.

I got called crazy because I said Trump can do anything he really really wants to because there's no one who can actually counter him at this point.  Here's another data point in my favor.

If congress doesn't start doing something about this disrespect, then they're just going to get ignored and marginalized further, until they might as well not exist at all.   All of this doesn't go away just because Democrats win the Presidency.  And if they don't, then its just going to get worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...