Queries about near the end of "A Feast for Crows"

I am near the end of "A Feast for Crows", and this query arises: The Ironmen are complaining that no good has come from them occupying The North, and refer contemptuously to shingle and turnips; but none of them notices the huge amount of shipbuilding timber in The North!

Those 5 books  (7 in England) contain various flashbacks to events in Targaryen times, including Alysanne's dragon ride to Winterfell and The Wall; and GRRM likely extracted and expanded that matter when he wrote "Blood and Fire" later. But "Blood and Fire" does not mention events on Crackclaw Point in Targaryen times, which are described near the end of "A Feast for Crows".

7 hours ago, Anthony Appleyard said:

But "Blood and Fire" does not mention events on Crackclaw Point in Targaryen times, which are described near the end of "A Feast for Crows".

It's Fire and Blood. ;) There isn't much, but the chapter about Aegon's Conquest says:

At the town of Stoney Sept, both his queens joined him with their dragons—Rhaenys from Storm's End, and Visenya from Crackclaw Point, where she had accepted many fervent pledges of fealty from the local lords.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:18 AM, The Wondering Wolf said:

It's Fire and Blood. ;) There isn't much, but the chapter about Aegon's Conquest says:

At the town of Stoney Sept, both his queens joined him with their dragons—Rhaenys from Storm's End, and Visenya from Crackclaw Point, where she had accepted many fervent pledges of fealty from the local lords.

A Feast for Crows gives much more detail for the Crackclaw Point events. The Crackclaws (= the people of Crackclaw Point) kept local independence as many small petty kingdoms or chieftaindoms; from time to time one or another of them conquered the rest but soon lost power. Until Aegon I came. Then the Crackclaws saw what Balerion did at Harrenhal, and bent the knee to Aegon I. Aegon let them become direct feudal subordinates of the king, and not with layers of overlordship above them. That made them very loyal to the Targaryen kings including in the Battle of the Trident.

Archived