Is House Tyrell finished?

butterweedstrover

So they seem at the height of their power in the epilogue to ADWD.  

The people love Margery and she is being held by Randyll Tarly. 

Mace is hand of the king, with many of his household guards filling the ranks of the gold cloaks. Paxter Redwyne is sailing back to trap Euron and the iron born fleet. Everything seems good. 

But wait... 

Euron as someone else pointed out has Shiera Seastar as his thrall. 

faegon and connington have a plan to meet Tyrell on the battlefield in storms end. 

Willas and Garlan are vulnerable sitting in Highgarden. 

We know Loras and Olenna have killed themselves already. 

So what brings that about? Well Loras has been depressed since Renly dies. But the total destruction of their house is what could lead Olenna to commit assisted suicide. 

So this is how it plays out: 

Mace Tyrell dies at Storm's End at the hands of the golden company. Jon Connington sacks kingslanding to kill the Lannisters but Margery dies in the crossfire. Tarly also switches sides. 

Euron summons a Kraken and sacks Oldtown with Ser Garlan coming to help the hightowers (since Leyton is indisposed). 

Willas dies one way or another, so Olenna and Loras go to the house of black and white to pray for vengeance on the iron born. 

Arya goes to Oldtown to kill Euron but meets AegonVI/Pate/Alchemist/JaqenH'ghar and helps him redo Summerhall (like the ghost of high heart predicted) and cracks the dragon egg. 

Euron finds out one way or another, and tries to take it for himself.  Shiera Seastar (Quiathe) who has the glass candle can see what is happening and tells Sam and Leo and Marywn's people. 

Sam probably has figured out who Arya is since they met before in Braavos. She wants Euron dead as well. But whatever their plan is doesn't work.  

Leo is different because his family has been killed, so he agrees to help. 

stuff happens. 

People die. 

And yeah, that's all I've got so far. 

The Tyrells have been one of the good guys so far.  Notwithstanding the assassination of Joffrey and Loras' temper.  It is only fitting to give them an adversary.  That adversary will be Euron and his crew.  I hope the Tyrells are smart enough to fight him on land.  Where they have the advantage.  

I am not all powerful author. So I do not know what will happen. But Mad Maid and her father are flirting with magic and so anyone attacking Old Town might have serious problems. Naturally assuming that their spells (if they use any) does not backfire. Or there is a possibility that we will read about magical duel between team Hightower and Team Euron.

On 9/15/2020 at 9:48 AM, CamiloRP said:

Even if all of this happens, which is a bif if, the Tyrells still have a gazillion cousins and minor branches.

This. 

The only plausible way I foresee House Tyrell becoming extinct is perhaps if a terrible greyplague epidemic hit The Reach.

Archived