7railer 7hread 7

SpaceChampion

On 10/9/2020 at 11:13 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

The trailer for this seemed kind of reminiscent of Widows.

The recruitment bit might be a bit reminiscent, although in Widows they didn't really know what they were doing while this lot seem much more experienced. It does look fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Beforeigners, a six-part genre-crossing drama from HBO Europe, premieres in the U.S. on Tuesday, February 18th on HBO NOW®, HBO GO®, and partner streaming platforms. Set in the near future, Beforeigners is a sci-fi crime drama where time traveling refugees from three past eras - The Stone Age, The Viking era, and the late 19th century - have settled in Oslo, Norway. #HBO #BeforeignersHBO.

7 hours ago, ithanos said:

Looks interesting, in a good sci-fi kind of way, but December 23rd release with bearded old man living near the Arctic - this better not be another Claus having a crisis. 

That does indeed look promising! But I don't think it's a Claus trap.

16 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

This could be really good or horrible. Curious to find out which one it is!

16 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

A bit late, no? I watched when it premiered. 

30 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

This could be really good or horrible. Curious to find out which one it is!

Not bad, but a bit silly at times. I'll watch more if it gets renewed. The main mystery becomes fairly obvious in later episodes.

10 hours ago, ithanos said:

Looks interesting, in a good sci-fi kind of way, but December 23rd release with bearded old man living near the Arctic - this better not be another Claus having a crisis. 

There's something about this that's putting me off. Seems to have a bit of the Gravity problem where it's an isolation film begging for quiet but fills in the silence with action sequences and explosions. Hope I'm wrong because the premise- two separate isolation stories seeking to link up, IN SPACE!- is an excellent setup.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Cartoon Saloon are the best animation studio currently working and I won't hear otherwise. Just a shame this seems to be an Apple-only release though I assume it'll get a physical media drop I can pick up at some point.

They did Secret of Kells, so you won't have any argument from me. This doesn't look quite as beautiful but I'm a fan anyway.

*Studio Ghibli enters the chat*

Does look very good, though. Ditto the shame that it's an Apple Plus exclusive.

Great use of AURORA's "Running with the Wolves". Can't quite tell if it's her re-recording it in a new arrangement or another singer.

7 hours ago, Ran said:

*Studio Ghibli enters the chat*

They haven't reached classic-Miyazaki yet no but Studio Ghibli haven't been beating Cartoon Saloon over the time Cartoon Saloon have been making feature films.

7 hours ago, Heartofice said:

This doesn't look quite as beautiful

That is, to be fair, a high bar to top.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

They haven't reached classic-Miyazaki yet no but Studio Ghibli haven't been beating Cartoon Saloon over the time Cartoon Saloon have been making feature films.

I'd be willing to put up PonyoArietty, and The Red Turtle against The Secret of KellsSong of the Sea, and The Breadwinner. YMMV!

1 hour ago, Ran said:

I'd be willing to put up PonyoArietty, and The Red Turtle against The Secret of KellsSong of the Sea, and The Breadwinner. YMMV!

Mileage defo does, since Ponyo is cool but for me one of Miayzaki's lessers and I didn't really like Arriety much at all. Red Turtle is good but didn't blow my mind.

But fair enough really. They're all good films.

Archived