7railer 7hread 7

SpaceChampion

Good ole M. Night Shyamalan up to his usual shenanigans. I must admit his teasers always intrigue.

This trailer is for Cathy Yan's directorial debut, before she went on to direct Birds of Prey. Coming to MUBI on Feb 12th. Wtf is MUBI? Apparently a streaming service for art house cinema. 7day free trial for new subscribers.

Honestly, Shyamalan is secretly my hero. Though he often fails spectacularly, at least he's consistently trying to make intriguing movies. In a way, he's like a reverse JJ Abrams. The best part of Abrams' movie is usually the trailer.

On 2/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, ithanos said:

Good ole M. Night Shyamalan up to his usual shenanigans. I must admit his teasers always intrigue.

Signs and The Sixth Sense were terrific. Mel Gibson, Joaquin Phoenix, Bruce Willis and Toni Collette, solid... 

East rail 177 trilogy was a beaut beast. Sam L Jackson, Willis again and James Mcvoy. Phew. Terrific performances extracted by Night Shyamalan. Manoj especially used cinematography best in Split

But THE LAST AIRBENDER!? I still don't believe it was his... 

On 2/10/2021 at 7:39 PM, Gronzag said:

Honestly, Shyamalan is secretly my hero. Though he often fails spectacularly, at least he's consistently trying to make intriguing movies. In a way, he's like a reverse JJ Abrams. The best part of Abrams' movie is usually the trailer.

:laugh:

3 minutes ago, Gronzag said:

I'm guessing that the plot will be along the lines of 'living in a man's world was so hard, she had to resort to skinning puppies as a cry against misogyny/patriarchy'!  She has been a victim all along!

I just googled female villains to see what other new franchises they could create for the ‘evil women but are actually cool modern role models young girls should aspire to be’ genre..

but i feel like they are one step ahead of me, Malificent and Ratched already happened. In fact that genre seems to have been going on for quite some time!

On 2/17/2021 at 9:04 AM, Gronzag said:

I'm guessing that the plot will be along the lines of 'living in a man's world was so hard, she had to resort to skinning puppies as a cry against misogyny/patriarchy'!  She has been a victim all along!

My guess is that puppy skinning doesn't come up at all in the movie until a post-credit teaser. She'll just be an anti-hero, a la Suicide Squad, fighting against Emma Thompson's main villain.

Either way, that trailer doesn't do much to interest me. Now if it turns out she's actually an unrepentant villain the entire movie, then I'd be at least a bit intrigued. I doubt Disney has the guts to go for that though.

I have to say, that was a pretty decent Mortal Kombat trailer. Might be nostalgia talking, of course, though I don't really have that much love for the games (was always more a Street Fighter II player).

Without warning, millions of mysterious alien “doors” suddenly appear around the globe. In a rush to determine the reason for their arrival, mankind must work together to understand the purpose of these cosmic anomalies. Bizarre incidences occurring around the sentient doors leads humanity to question their own existence and an altered reality as they attempt to enter them.

INVINCIBLE is an Amazon Original series based on the groundbreaking comic book from Robert Kirkman, the creator of The Walking Dead. The story revolves around 17-year-old Mark Grayson (Steven Yeun), who’s just like every other guy his age — except his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet, Omni-Man (J.K. Simmons). The hour-per-episode series also stars Sandra Oh, Zazie Beetz, Gillian Jacobs, Zachary Quinto, Jason Mantzoukas, Melise, Mark Hamill, Mahershala Ali, Seth Rogen and more. The first three episodes are coming to Prime Video on March 26, with weekly releases through April 30 after that.

Archived